• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Dragon Quest Treasures coming to Nintendo Switch on December 9 (UPDATE: new overview trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This game is looking absolutly fantastic as a smaller spin off title. Such fun and intresting type of gameplay. Also the game also looks alot better when they first showed it off. Absolute day 1 buy.. And the physical box art straight 10 out of 10. One of the best box art covers on Switch yet, love it so much

Game looks absolutely amazing. I think it turned out better than a Monsters game would end up being, because the Monsters franchise was getting a bit stale, and this does a much better job differentiating from mainline game aside from having monsters.

Super excited for this!

Absolutely delicious. Shopkeeper golems are pretty cute dressed like that. I wish the game had similar dressing options for the monsters we control.

This looks pretty good - it's my giant "maybe" pile but I'm pretty sure I'll have more than enough to play. FE and Octopath 2 starting 2022 off in January and February doesn't help - normally I'd use that time to catch up on stuff like DQ Treasures.

The more I see of this, the more excited I get; pretty big turn-around from when I felt lukewarm after the initial reveal last year. Been feeling the itch to play some Dragon Quest lately, and I think this'll scratch that quite nicely.

Also, I just saw that SE confirmed a couple of months ago that young Erik is voiced by Mack Keith Roach, who was Valdi's voice actor in Xenoblade 3! Pretty cool to see that.

Gameplay looks great, but I can already tell it's going to run at sub-native resolution in handheld mode. Also wish it had some kind of online co-op. Still a day one.

Can someone explain to me the concept of the game? I’m sure they will do a blow out closer to release but I just don’t get what this game is suppose to be ?
Seems to be that the loop is exploring and collecting treasure to rank up your base, which then probably leads to story progression (collecting the six McGuffins)

Hype lowered for me, I HATE the "protect your base" missions in any game. I totally understand the gangs can attack you on the field, but stoping what you are doing to go to your base and help defend it is a downer for me (this really soured my experience in the original DQH1 and Ys 8 and 9)

Hype lowered for me, I HATE the "protect your base" missions in any game. I totally understand the gangs can attack you on the field, but stoping what you are doing to go to your base and help defend it is a downer for me (this really soured my experience in the original DQH1 and Ys 8 and 9)

I think I like the mechanic, it adds some level of danger to the world and some way to use your monsters outside of the overworld. More micromanagement! But the way it seems to work is that if you have some friendly monsters "stashed" at your home base you might be able to take a hands-off approach?

I think I like the mechanic, it adds some level of danger to the world and some way to use your monsters outside of the overworld. More micromanagement! But the way it seems to work is that if you have some friendly monsters "stashed" at your home base you might be able to take a hands-off approach?
Looking at the page, its seems you have to be there to defend it, my understanding is that you can have a separate party to defend it, but you need to go there

EN%20DQTR_20220926WJ_05-15fjvdmkr.jpg

DQ Builders had the same mechanic but it wasn't random, it was part of the story and only happened whenever the player agreed to advance. I'd say it's most likely the same thing in Treasures.

DQ Builders had the same mechanic but it wasn't random, it was part of the story and only happened whenever the player agreed to advance. I'd say it's most likely the same thing in Treasures.
I hope so!. The explanation in the site make it looks like it can happen randomly (which make sense in the context as they are pirates) as they can attack you on the field, or when your monsters are doing expeditions, and you can even recover the stolen treasures by finding the rival gang, so it makes more sense it's random (I just hope it's not THAT random)

Long John Silverbones is already my favourite villain here. The link in the tweet has more info about the rival gangs in general too

Around the 9th of December, when I just completed Pokémon Scarlet I can dive right into the next Pokémon open world!

So excited for this! I'm finishing up DQVII after playing it during the span of a year, and once I'm done with Pokémon, I'll be ready to dive right into Treasures.

Gotta say, I'm happy this game is being brought over and it fills me with hope regarding the other upcoming DQ titles. I really don't know why SE was so reluctant to bring any DQ games westward for so long, especially after the success of DQ9 on DS.

Local shops got this yesterday, wish I had known. Tempted to get it early even though I'd prefer digital. Really shouldn't be buying another game right now but I've been excited for this since it was announced. Either way, we're almost there!

I'm actually pretty excited for this. It isn't Monsters, but I like the concept. I still need to read some reviews/impressions to bite the bullet but Dragon Quest games have never failed me.

SE's doing a livestream to celebrate the game's release tomorrow night, including gameplay, a Q&A, and a digital game code giveaway.

Join us for our live stream featuring @DragonQuest Treasures tomorrow (12/7) at 11am PST/7pm GMT on @Twitch! https://twitch.tv/squareenix We'll be showing off gameplay, answering your questions, and giving away digital game codes! See you in chat

SE's doing a livestream to celebrate the game's release tomorrow night, including gameplay, a Q&A, and a digital game code giveaway.

Join us for our live stream featuring @DragonQuest Treasures tomorrow (12/7) at 11am PST/7pm GMT on @Twitch! https://twitch.tv/squareenix We'll be showing off gameplay, answering your questions, and giving away digital game codes! See you in chat

Damn, just at the time I have a meeting...

I’m barely paying attention to this title but I would be thrilled if it ends up being great.

I really enjoyed Dragon Warrior Monsters back on GameBoy and I have wanted to see what’s become of that line since. I skipped the Joker games entirely; not because they looked bad, just a time and place kinda thing.

Oops, "tomorrow night" is actually pretty relative depending on where you live, since it starts in about 15 minutes:

Literally been hyped for this game since it was announced during the DQ Celebration stream. It's the first full price D1P since Xenoblade 3 and I might even be more hyped for this than DQ12 tbh

I WON A CODE HOLY SHIT!!!!Guys, where can I make sure that my DMs are open on twitch, does anybody know???

edit: found it, hope the DM gets through! So excited, first giveaway I've ever won and it's for Dragon Quest! Just perfect

Last edited:
I WON A CODE HOLY SHIT!!!!Guys, where can I make sure that my DMs are open on twitch, does anybody know???

edit: found it, hope the DM gets through! So excited, first giveaway I've ever won and it's for Dragon Quest! Just perfect
Congratulations! Something you’ll remember for a while :)

That's awesome, congratulations! 😁

I tried too, but i never win these things haha

That's awesome, congratulations! 😁

I tried too, but i never win these things haha
First time I've ever won in one of these things, helped that EU had less participants tho!

I was the first one too, I was in the middle of switching over from my phone to my laptop I almost missed it 😭 Now if only that DM would actually come....

nice! congratulations.

They did say they would DM the winners when the stream ends right...? I don't know if I'm being too impatient lol

I think they said something like "after the stream ends", but didn't imply it would be immediately after haha I'm sure they will send it to you, don't worry!

I think they said something like "after the stream ends", but didn't imply it would be immediately after haha I'm sure they will send it to you, don't worry!
I got so unsure that I asked one of the hosts on twitter lol But I'm sure you're right. I even verified if I could recieve Twitch DMs with an irl friend

I got so unsure that I asked one of the hosts on twitter lol But I'm sure you're right. I even verified if I could recieve Twitch DMs with an irl friend

It's possible the codes are only getting sent when the game launches in two days, maybe? I don't know how it works, not sure if they can generate codes before the game releases.

It's possible the codes are only getting sent when the game launches in two days, maybe? I don't know how it works, not sure if they can generate codes before the game releases.
As I understood it the winners get one DM to verify and then get contacted again on friday to recieve the code. But I probably shouldn't think about this too hard, I was just afraid of missing some deadline to verify myself while I'm sleeping lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom