• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Dragon Quest Treasures coming to Nintendo Switch on December 9 (UPDATE: new overview trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to need to take a deeper look but I’m absolutely interested

I will buy each and every game with Dragon Quest Slimes without exception.

Was really hyped until they showed action combat

Now I'm slightly less hyped, but the game still looks pretty interesting. Has that Dragon Quest charm

I thought this was a 3D DQ platformer when it was revealed last year but it’s not?

What, uhm, genre is this? I’m a major DQ fan and I’ll be there day one regardless

Unsure on this one, but I'll keep an eye on it. Square Enix piling up the choices later this year - Crisis Core, Harvestella, and Treasures all on my radar.

We know for a fact this game had a troubled development (as stated by the developers and the fact they had to drop the "monsters" brand) so hopefully it will be good

I think it looks cool. I like Dragon Quest, I like base builders.

I’ll probably like this!

(Or at the very least, seems like the next Dragon Quest Builders type semi-limited release that will be worth a bit in the future.)

Looks interesting to me. Fine with action combat, turn based would hurt the flow/pacing of a game like this a lot I think.

the footage was rough but they have time to make it run better

Last edited:
Day one Dragon quest deserves all the support especially since we got skipped out alot on the last ten years

If there was any doubt left that this was once a Monsters game then this trailer should make it clear. Hopefully the Treasures angle is an interesting spin but I'm glad we're finally getting a game along the same line as DQM.

Gameplay looks great and addictive. I'm fine with the Monsters game turning into this, since the monster collecting aspect which is what I like the most is still there. I also love base building so this has everything to hook me.

Also, sounds like Sugiyama composed for the game before dying, and the music is still bad midi lol The main theme of the game is a new piece.

Dai is the action rpg (Tales of style) spin-off, correct? Might wait for that one but keep an eye on this as well.
Yep it also is based on the DQ Dai anime while this one it’s unrelated to anything other than the DQXI conection

It looks like Tose is the developer.

I'm very excited for the game: i want a DQ Monsters and this plays similarly to that, and i really liked Erik and Mia's chapter in DQ XI (and Erik's bonus story in the S version)
Tose worked on DWM 1, 2, Joker 1 & 2, and Terry’s Wonderland 3D (DWM 1 3DS remake) and Rocket Slime DS

I expect this to be a solid game now (DQ spin-offs are always a bunch of fun)

i think this is the first DQ game to have a simultaneous worldwide launch. that is, if we ignore DQXIS on switch, but that one already had a staggered release in its original version and a lot of the localization work was already done in the ps4/steam releases.

i think this is the first DQ game to have a simultaneous worldwide launch. that is, if we ignore DQXIS on switch, but that one already had a staggered release in its original version and a lot of the localization work was already done in the ps4/steam releases.
It is if we dont count DQXIS yep

I hope it means going forward it will be that way or a small window.

I’d expect 3 HD2D to be the same way as well, along with 12

After that, it’s a wildcard, seemingly based on how the newest mainline game DQ performed (comes in waves like the DS era from Rocket slime to 9/6 DS/joker 2 or the ps4/early switch era from heroes 1 in 2015 to DQ11s in 2019)

It looks rough but it’s Dragon Quest, so I’m morally and ethically obligated to buy it at launch.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much Monsters DNA seems to still be in here after that initial reveal. I think it looks pretty fun, and am interested in seeing more of how the battle system works!

I love DQ and want to support it but I really have no idea what to think about this. Very hard to get a read on the gameplay loop.

Running around to find treasures sounds dull, but it’s certainly going to be more than that. It talks about expanding your base - I wonder how fleshed out the base building is…

Quoted by: Leo
Feels weird that a PS4/5 version hasn’t also been announced.

I know if I buy it on Switch that’ll get announced like 6 months later and look and run much better lol.

Feels weird that a PS4/5 version hasn’t also been announced.

I know if I buy it on Switch that’ll get announced like 6 months later and look and run much better lol.
DQ almost always sells a lot more on Nintendo platforms than in Sony ones, it's easy for Nintendo get exclusivity of the titles just like Sony with FF. Especially for a 'Monster' title that have always been exclusive to Nintendo hardware. It will probably release in other platforms in 9-12 months like most 3rd party Nintendo exclusives or other platforms will get announced in couple of days/weeks if there is no exclusivity.

I still feel we don't have a good idea how the game plays exactly. It seems to be a seamless open world with action gameplay and commands for your monsters. And you can search and sell these treasures you find.

But I'd like to see the entire gameplay loop and mechanics. I think this game will benefit from a dedicated Direct close to release.

this, DQ3, and DQ12 were confirmed for western release the moment they were announced. only DQ10 Offline didn't have that announcement
Yep, and all of those have been confirmed to have a simultaneous worldwide release, which is a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom