• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Final Trailer (Parts 1 and 2 of 3) + New TV Spots

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Pronouns
He/Him

Part 2 will release June 3rd and Part 3 will release June 10th.

We also have a new TV spot with a few new clips.

EDIT: Part 2 of 3

Last edited:
Huh. Freeza.

By now, I bet he accepts that Broly isn't going to be his newest recruit. So, I wonder what his game is, this time.

Huh. Freeza.

By now, I bet he accepts that Broly isn't going to be his newest recruit. So, I wonder what his game is, this time.
Based on the background and him being 2D instead of CG I’m guessing he’s not actually in the movie and it’s more a small visual cameo like the ToP fighters and old villains in Broly. Probably just some characters talking about him.

Another new TV spot.

This is totally a from after they beat the final villain.
20220531_151003.jpg

Last edited:
This movie looks sooo good. Dragon ball has been killing lately with the visuals.

Couple that with the much more interesting plots we have been getting too.

Contribute to my thread, plz:

Thank ye kindly.

Watched the movie subbed from Japan.

I'm happy for Gohan and Piccolo to have their time to shine. Really disappointed about how they flopped the villain so hard. Gamma were rather disappointing. Gohan has a comment about the threat being something Goku or Vegeta couldn't handle. But I don't buy that one bit and seems like a left field comment to bring up Gohan being stronger then Goku now, which Gohan says himself and he just thinks he's stronger.

Broly was a thousand leagues better animation and story wise. Super Hero just didn't do much and it's down there as one of the worst DB movies next to Bio Broly in the story department.

It's still good fun if your a fan, I still like db at its worst. But they really failed this movie hard with me. I'm just happy to see Gohan and Picollo be brought back up to power level speed and Goten & Trunks are physically older now. That's it.

Watched the movie subbed from Japan.

I'm happy for Gohan and Piccolo to have their time to shine. Really disappointed about how they flopped the villain so hard. Gamma were rather disappointing. Gohan has a comment about the threat being something Goku or Vegeta couldn't handle. But I don't buy that one bit and seems like a left field comment to bring up Gohan being stronger then Goku now, which Gohan says himself and he just thinks he's stronger.

Broly was a thousand leagues better animation and story wise. Super Hero just didn't do much and it's down there as one of the worst DB movies next to Bio Broly in the story department.

It's still good fun if your a fan, I still like db at its worst. But they really failed this movie hard with me. I'm just happy to see Gohan and Picollo be brought back up to power level speed and Goten & Trunks are physically older now. That's it.
I can agree with most of this. Gohan does have the "hidden potential" plot armor that can always be used at anytime to bring him up to the level of Goku and Vegeta, so the notion of him surpassing them even for just a short time doesn't bother me too much. They definitely could have delivered on the main threat better however, and to me felt like a lot of potential lost.

What I do find annoying about Gohan though, despite loving his character, is that he has to keep learning the same lesson about work/training balance over and over. It is played out, and I hope we see him stick to what he learned from the experience this time.

Overall I am happy for the same reasons you listed though. I am a DB fan, and as you said, I can enjoy it at its worst. I still hope the movie does really well though, as it shows that characters other than Goku and Vegeta can shine and make a lot of money. DB is kind of corporate now, and Toriyama alone doesn't really dictate how his outlines get portrayed in the final product.

Though the movie was much better than anything to come out of Super. Even the animation was something that I got used to pretty quickly, although I prefer how Broly looked still. That said, this was a far better movie.

It was such a charming ride and I laughed several times. So I liked the plot this time around too. it was surprising because I went in with rock bottom expectations. Having not been a fan of much of Super really.

Out of modern DB movies, I would rank it like this.

Super Hero>>>>Battle of Gods>>>>Broly>>>>>Anything Else>>>>>>RoF

Back
Top Bottom