• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Dragon Ball (movie/television/manga/etc.) series |ST| 'ight, let's just drag-on the wait

Went and spoiled myself with leaks on the movie. Disappointed on the villain side of things, but damn did I get everything I could ever want from Gohan and Piccolo.

But it seems as though DragonBall been working really hard through both the anime and manga to make all the cool non-canon stuff from the DBZ movies make it into the new canonical story. With Super Manga trying to push multiplication, growing huge, instant transmission for more characters, utilizing Ki differently and making magic more combat-ready again.

As well making characters reach Goku and Vegeta's level again, but giving everyone their own unique power ups and techniques. Like Goku Ultra Instinct and Vegeta Ultra Ego.

Makes me wonder if they might make Super Saiyan 4 a thing with Broly or Caulifla/Kale/Kefla. Or find a way to make Krillin, Tien and Yamacha make it back to the big leagues.

Having watched the movie, I can safely say that was a spectacle. I won’t spoil anything but that was really good, both story and visuals. The trailers didn’t come anywhere close to doing this movie’s visuals justice, it was beautiful.

I haven't seen the movie, but the trailers made it seem like they want back again to the crappy Gohan stopped training and doubled down on it by making him Goku but smarter. Goku is a bad father and cares only about fighting, while Gohan is a bad father and cares only about studying. He can't even pick up his daughter from school.

It made sense that Gohan didn't want to fight during Cell saga and early Majin Buu Saga. He's not a fighter like pure blood Saiyans. But he realised (during resurrection F) that he can't protect his loved ones if he doesn't keep up with his training.

I'm happy other characters besides Goku and Vegeta finally got the spotlight though, I'm sick of seeing them doing 90% of the important stuff in the series.

I've seen spoilers that Gohan and Piccolo got new forms, but don't know the details. I just hope it's not a BS power up for once, but I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment. I hope it doesn't take long for the movie to come out on Blu-Ray, I want to watch it.

What did I tell you all? Gohan took off his glasses, and threw them. He threw his glasses. The man threw his glasses. Shit was going down.

So we're all just sitting with Fandango open hitting F5 until tickets are live, right?

It's not just me, right?

Got mine booked, let's fucking go
I actually was woken up by the Fandango email alert once the tickets went live at like 5 or 6am and probably looked like a drunken madman fumbling with my phone trying to punch everything in 🤣

Mah boi Piccolo getting them lines in.

Being a true Dad. What a champ.

Okay holy shit

unknown.png

Saw my first spoiler and, err, well

Me gusta.

This is premiering a day before I go on a massive holiday and I won't get to see it until I get back, or I have to watch it on holiday..

This is premiering a day before I go on a massive holiday and I won't get to see it until I get back, or I have to watch it on holiday..
Watch it on holiday!

Twice the holiday, double the fall!

...Or something.

Need to secure a ticket for this man. Need to.

Haven't been this excited for a movie in years! Thank goodness Gohan is back on top.

I asked in the Nintendo General Thread, but I'll ask here as well.

Is DBZ Kakarot decent? Is the switch port worth it? I really want a DBZ game to scratch that itch...

Is DBZ Kakarot decent? Is the switch port worth it? I really want a DBZ game to scratch that itch...
No idea about the Switch version, but Kakarot was a lot of fun for me. So much in fact that I Platinum'd it. Its exactly the type of Dragon Ball game I love, an RPG lol.

If you like RPG's at all and Dragon Ball, its superb. Definitely scratches that itch if you're into that.

Haven't played but it's supposedly really solid.

No idea about the Switch version, but Kakarot was a lot of fun for me. So much in fact that I Platinum'd it. Its exactly the type of Dragon Ball game I love, an RPG lol.

If you like RPG's at all and Dragon Ball, its superb. Definitely scratches that itch if you're into that.
Thanks! I'm not a huge RPG guy but I do enjoy them every once in a while. I'll get it when it's on sale.

There's a free demo available, so you can download that, play through it and see if it's for you. It's not very long, but you can at least get a feel for the general gameplay.

Off my chest: For a while, I thought that Dragon Ball circa Super was turning into a western comic book franchise, and not in a good way. They were resetting character development, reviving villains, and keeping time in stasis just for the sake of continuing the series.

From what I've seen of Super Hero, things are looking up now. But I still wish Toei/Shueisha would just let sleeping dogs lie and let it rest with the Peaceful World epilogue.

Off my chest: For a while, I thought that Dragon Ball circa Super was turning into a western comic book franchise, and not in a good way. They were resetting character development, reviving villains, and keeping time in stasis just for the sake of continuing the series.

From what I've seen of Super Hero, things are looking up now. But I still wish Toei/Shueisha would just let sleeping dogs lie and let it rest with the Peaceful World epilogue.
Dragon Ball Super was as good as Dragon Ball Z, in my book.

And they haven't done what you said except for when it came to resurrecting Frieza, which was a good thing.

IMHO

Dragon Ball Super was as good as Dragon Ball Z, in my book.

And they haven't done what you said except for when it came to resurrecting Frieza, which was a good thing.

IMHO

Goku felt like his kid DB self a lot in Super. And while time eventually did pass for Super Hero, no one seemed to age until then.

Super did a lot right though. There was finally a power ceiling for one, and they started to make sure different forms have different utility.

Goku felt like his kid DB self a lot in Super. And while time eventually did pass for Super Hero, no one seemed to age until then.

Super did a lot right though. There was finally a power ceiling for one, and they started to make sure different forms have different utility.
I just felt that, even as a kid, Dragon Ball Z was kinda "trashy" but I don't mean that literally.

I mean in the sense that you could turn your brain off and just enjoy it; there really wasn't much incentive to pick it apart.

That said, Super could've used more budget and more time to prepare arcs.

I'm in heaven. They're playing trailers for Ghibli films and a whole family just came into the theater in cosplay. Three kids as Goku, Trunks, and Bulma, and the parents as Piccolo and 18.

Like a wholeass Piccolo, with the shoulder cape and everything.

And this kid's Trunks costume is better than the one I made in high school in.. uh.. 1999

Shit, I wish I had chosen IMAX, but ah well.

I'm leaving to see it in less than 10 minutes, maybe 15.
Enjoy! I'm not one of those DBZ fans that takes everything too seriously. I've seen all of it and played all the games and I've always found enjoyment in everything. Definitely loved this movie though. I haven't been following the manga because I want to go in fresh when they start making and dubbing the anime again, but I really hope this movie gets the same treatment as the first two super movies where they make it it's own longer anime arc.

Just watched Dragon Ball Mystical Adventure. This is the best Dragon Ball movie by a Large Marge-in.
That's definitely one of my favorites, top 3 for sure.

Super Hero was pretty good! it confirmed beyond of a shadow of a doubt that I actively dislike Goku's modern characterization, but everything else was fun. Glad Piccolo got to be a hero again (super hero?). Animation was better than I thought but still dodgy at moments.

I definitely liked it more than Broly which I really did not care for.

Enjoy! I'm not one of those DBZ fans that takes everything too seriously. I've seen all of it and played all the games and I've always found enjoyment in everything. Definitely loved this movie though. I haven't been following the manga because I want to go in fresh when they start making and dubbing the anime again, but I really hope this movie gets the same treatment as the first two super movies where they make it it's own longer anime arc.
I finished it!

After I came out, I thought it was pretty good.

However, after thinking about it some more, I think it's great!

I ordered a bunch of the movies on Blu Ray. They are sold in double packs. I bought Cooler's Revenge / Return, Bojack / Super Android 13, and Fusion Reborn / Dragon's Wrath (or whatever it's called).

As a kid I had some of them on DVD but I haven't seen them in about twenty years. I also have never seen Bojack, Fusion Reborn, and Dragon's Wrath.

I ordered a bunch of the movies on Blu Ray. They are sold in double packs. I bought Cooler's Revenge / Return, Bojack / Super Android 13, and Fusion Reborn / Dragon's Wrath (or whatever it's called).

As a kid I had some of them on DVD but I haven't seen them in about twenty years. I also have never seen Bojack, Fusion Reborn, and Dragon's Wrath.
Trip down memory lane, huh?

Back
Top Bottom