• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Dragon Ball (movie/television/manga/etc.) series |ST| 'ight, let's just drag-on the wait

I'm happy that Gohan is back to being relevant. No more of that school boy BS.
Man, all Toriyama wanted was to let Gohan study and have a family and enjoy his life as a scholar and all you fanboys want is too see him suffer and struggle ;(

Okay I gotta stop you right there because Toriyama's paneling skills are second to none. There is a reason he inspired a whole generation of manga artists.

dbz2.jpg

4CQCJ5y.jpeg

bd3d4e63d849de2f2ce316ac660a19a3.jpg

I'd struggle to think of any other shonen author in the last 30 or so years whose fights practically leap off the page like his.
You know... I really should just read this manga series in color.

I mean, I've never actually read it before so... Why not?

Also:

Another Piccolo power-up!?

:eek::eek:

I was actually lamenting about this to my friend yesterday, sadly the only arcs that have been localized in English in color are Saiyan and Freeza.

Trust me, even unofficial versions don't exist as far as I can tell. I've been hankering to do a reread of the whole manga for a while but the fact that the color translation is incomplete just kills me. That said if you've never read the manga at all, it's definitely still a must read even in black and white.

I was actually lamenting about this to my friend yesterday, sadly the only arcs that have been localized in English in color are Saiyan and Freeza.

Trust me, even unofficial versions don't exist as far as I can tell. I've been hankering to do a reread of the whole manga for a while but the fact that the color translation is incomplete just kills me. That said if you've never read the manga at all, it's definitely still a must read even in black and white.
UGH

It's either a read-through of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z in color or another manga that I just read about online.

Of course, I might just ignore those two and go for something completely different at random like I did last time.

I just want a manga read-through at the same level as the one I did for Berserk.

I miss Berserk.

Also:

Another Piccolo power-up!?

:eek::eek:

Who are they talking about not having an earring? I am confusion.

Oh wait I just realised Trunks' hair is blue now. I know the young adult version from the future timeline had blue hair (and it was originally blue in the manga), but they retained the purple hair for the kid version during Super. Weird.
Was it? Pretty sure both Bulma and Trunks had purple hair in the manga

Was it? Pretty sure both Bulma and Trunks had purple hair in the manga

My apologies, you are correct. They changed Bulma's hair colour for the anime and then gave Trunks his original manga hair colour but then made Future Trunks' hair blue in Super, presumably to match Bulma's anime hair colour. What a confusing way to handle everything. Although apparently Bulma's hair was blue in the very first chapter of the manga and then purple after that for the rest of the run.

Edit: And now I've just read that Toriyama started colouring Trunks' hair as blue from the Battle of Gods arc onwards in the manga. I'm just going to stop researching it because I'm confusing myself.

My apologies, you are correct. They changed Bulma's hair colour for the anime and then gave Trunks his original manga hair colour but then made Future Trunks' hair blue in Super, presumably to match Bulma's anime hair colour. What a confusing way to handle everything. Although apparently Bulma's hair was blue in the very first chapter of the manga and then purple after that for the rest of the run.

Edit: And now I've just read that Toriyama started colouring Trunks' hair as blue from the Battle of Gods arc onwards in the manga. I'm just going to stop researching it because I'm confusing myself.
It's a fucking mind map.

Link from The Legend of Zelda series if he were written by Akira Toriyama like he were Goku:

Ganondorf would be Vegeta in this case.

Hey all.

Here's something cool to cheer you up:

And now time for the bad news to bring you down:

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero Upholds Delay Following Studio Update

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero isn't looking so hot these days if a new report is right. The update comes straight from Japan as fans were given an update on the film and its status at Toei Animation. The news comes after the studio was targeted by hackers using ransomware, and if the update is right, then Dragon Ball Super has yet to find a release window following its original delay.

The update comes from NHK as the network released a statement to fans about Toei Animation's status. After all, the studio did inform the world it was targeted by a hack last month, and the ordeal forced several hit series to go on hiatus. Now, those shows have been put back on the schedule, but NHK has confirmed Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero is still in limbo.

"The impact on production still continues and there's no way to fully recover," the report shared on behalf of the animation studio (via Chronicles). "[The] movie's release date is still uncertain."

Clearly, this is not the news fans wanted to hear, but NHK is handing out some sort of update at the very least. Ever since the internal hack was announced, Toei Animation has kept tight-lipped about the whole thing understandably. The studio's last update did assure fans an internal investigation was being done into the hack. No group or individual has come forward admitting involvement with the Dragon Ball Super hack. So for now, it seems Goku and his friends must wait around until their movie's fate is decided.

Yeah...

At this point: I'm going to just say that May is not a possibility so that I don't get my hopes up. June as well, I suppose.

The Japanese date got pushed back due to the Toei hack right? Wonder what the date'll be for the US

Looking like there'll be an option to watch it Japanese subtitled in the US so I'll see it in theaters for that.

It says worldwide release so I don’t think it’ll skip Europe.

Gonna see if my "they went to CG for this movie because they didn't want to animate Cell's spots frame by frame" theory plays out

How's everyone?

Excited for the new movie?
I think I finally am. It took me a while to get over the animation, mostly because Broly was one of my favorite pieces of animation in a long time. But everything has been different for years now, and I'll just be happy to see Gohan finally take center stage again.

Gohan in theaters in the west, baybeee!!

Yeah, I'm hyped. It seems like they're going to do my boy good, and I've kinda warmed to the CGI.

i like balls dragon.

Also the film looks awesome, we finally got a movie that isnt about goku or vegeta. Piccolo stans go! and gohan is also there i guess.

I'm hyped. I still wish it looked like Broly, but giving the spotlight to someone not named Goku or Vegeta is a nice way to switch things up, so I'm open to seeing how things go.

I'm hyped. I still wish it looked like Broly, but giving the spotlight to someone not named Goku or Vegeta is a nice way to switch things up, so I'm open to seeing how things go.
It really is a shame that the first movie Piccolo is the MC looks like this.

I love that Piccolo's chair is based on Daimao's.
With how often over the decades the series has cut to Piccolo standing on a mountain or sitting cross-legged in the wilderness, I just love that Piccolo even has a chair.

Starting to feel the hype for this movie. The focus on characters other than Goku and Vegeta is refreshing. I also have to say, the CG looks great. At least from the trailers we've seen, the character models are very consistent, even in the in-between frames. More so than the other movies I'd say.

I just wish I knew when and how I could watch it. When you live outside of the bigger markets it basically comes down to when the movie will be available online, which sucks.

Starting to feel the hype for this movie. The focus on characters other than Goku and Vegeta is refreshing. I also have to say, the CG looks great. At least from the trailers we've seen, the character models are very consistent, even in the in-between frames. More so than the other movies I'd say.

I just wish I knew when and how I could watch it. When you live outside of the bigger markets it basically comes down to when the movie will be available online, which sucks.
They’re aiming for a “worldwide” release, so I hope other countries get it not long after the US’s August 19th release date.

Back
Top Bottom