• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Dr. Sparkle's Chron-series |ST| It's 1990 and we have no time for Klax

I started watching this several years ago, but stopped pretty early on, not far past Super Mario Bros. It's a big time commitment, but because of the comprehensive nature of it I'd feel guilty if I skipped around.

Not sure how long it is though. Maybe I'm misremembering because the version I watched split each game into its own video. If I can sit through Tim Rogers review maybe I should start this again.

I started watching this several years ago, but stopped pretty early on, not far past Super Mario Bros. It's a big time commitment, but because of the comprehensive nature of it I'd feel guilty if I skipped around.

Not sure how long it is though. Maybe I'm misremembering because the version I watched split each game into its own video. If I can sit through Tim Rogers review maybe I should start this again.
Yeah, there's a lot there and 1990 was basically the peak for the NES. It's been interesting watching the episodes where the FDS was hot and then slowly faded away as cartridges got mapper chips and made the FDS functionally obsolete.

Chrontendo episode 60 coming for Patreons this week. Over 2 hours. Could be 2 and 1/2 hours long.

Chrontendo episode 60. Fire Emblem! Final Fantasy III! Two and a half hours of 10 games, and we've reached May 1990. Final Fantasy III gets a lot of coverage.

Episode 61. May/June 1990 Includes Ys II, Snake's Revenge, Remote Control, Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Dash Yarou/Rally Bike and Final Mission/S.C.A.T. Episode 62 will mostly have US and European NES games from June 1990 from the likes of American Sammy and Milton Bradley.

Episode 62 is up in an early version for Patrons. Episode 62 includes Arcade Roundup 1990 and covers ten June 1990 games with 3 Famicom games and 7 NES only ones. This one has a lot of bad games. It's an hour and half long.

I had a bad breakup with my first girlfriend at the end of 2010 and this series really helped me in getting me through it. I'm surprised he's still at it all these years later (and that it's recognized enough to be on Fami!)

Episode 62 which finishes the Famicom games for June 1990 and covers half of the 14 NES only or NES first games of June 1990. Episode includes Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Kickle Cubicle, Arkista's Ring and Rad Racer II.

Episode 63 is up for Patrons. 11 games, most of them pretty bad. Two Pajitnov games though (he accidentally skipped over Knight Move in June 1990).

The second half of June 1990 on NES plus Famicom releases up to July 7, 1990. Knight Move on the FDS is a bonus portion as Dr. Sparkle skipped that accidentally. Games include: Golgo 13 The Marat Conspiracy, Solstice, The Last Starfighter, Hatris, and Palamedes.

Chrontendo 64. July 1990. Lots of bad games, but also has Dr. Mario, Pictionary (great music at least), and Snake, Rattle n' Roll.

Back
Top Bottom