• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom announced for PS5, Switch and PC (2022)

winstein

Bob-omb

Unexpectedly, there is a second Doraemon Story of Seasons, probably because the first one was successful enough to have a second follow-up. It's exciting to see another Doraemon game in English since the series typically didn't have the popularity for an American release.

Thank you for reading.

Still need to play the first one, but only heard good things about it ! Apparently actually better than the "real" Marvelous-developped Story of Seasons on Switch lmao.

It's been ages since I've last played Story of Seasons, but I'm interested in this if reviews are good.

More info (no sub sadly)

Still need to play the first one, but only heard good things about it ! Apparently actually better than the "real" Marvelous-developped Story of Seasons on Switch lmao.

No marriage or romance since they are teenagers/kids, but yeah apart from that it is very cute. I think you can skip the first one and play this directly.

Brownie-Brown is the developer. (Mother 3 devs)

More info (no sub sadly)

No marriage or romance since they are teenagers/kids, but yeah apart from that it is very cute. I think you can skip the first one and play this directly.

Brownies, the spin-off company, actually.

First one was pretty bland due to the fact Nobita is just a kid and you can't marry him off. Story of Seasons without relationships is just chicken wings without hot sauce.

First one was pretty bland due to the fact Nobita is just a kid and you can't marry him off. Story of Seasons without relationships is just chicken wings without hot sauce.

it's supposed to be made for people who already are a fan of Doraemon.

That's why i could be more interested in this new one if they made a more original story too.

More info (no sub sadly)

Brownies, the spin-off company, actually.
Are Brownies still involved? I kept trying to find any mention of them and didn't find it.

For the last game they said this:
制作:マーベラス × 開発:ブラウニーズ

Which confirmed it was a Marvelous production but Brownies was developing. It was a collab between all three companies.

And this time all I see is this:
制作/開発:マーベラス

Which seems to indicate Marvelous is handling both production and development. Brownies isn't mentioned at all.

Are Brownies still involved? I kept trying to find any mention of them and didn't find it.

Last time they said this:

Which confirmed it was a Marvelous production but Brownies was developing.

And this time all I see is this:

Which seems to indicate Marvelous is handling both production and development. Brownies isn't mentioned at all.

Oh wow. I assumed they were still involved and just wanted to correct their name. Wonder what happened here.

Oh wow. I assumed they were still involved and just wanted to correct their name. Wonder what happened here.
The original released before the first Story of Seasons on Switch if I'm remembering correctly. Now, Marvelous has all their tools set up of Switch so they are a cheaper option

Back
Top Bottom