• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Donkey Kong Community |ST| No Country For Old Kongs

I like to look at the iconography from merch like this to decipher clues as to what to expect from the iconography of DK products moving forward. Bongos, tires, CRT TVs and hammocks look like it'll be part of the iconography as these elements were part of the Mario movie and the Smash trailers. BTW, is that a radio or a boombox in the set?

You can get a slightly better look in some of the other promo pictures on the page.

4_5f5d5264-a9c2-4875-8932-8e01f4ecf6e1_1500x1500.jpg
11_64797a15-b8cc-463e-b83d-3d9a9198de48_1500x1500.jpg

I can absolute believe a 3d dk game could reach 20 million copies. Hell, TF (switch + wii u ) is a port and even that will probably end up at 8 million (its already at 6 if im not mistaken) imagine a 3d dk then.

Although yeah that would mean no more 2d dk for a long time, nintendo obviously wouldn't handle two dk games at once, retro doesnt wants dk again and what other studio would be capable?

I can absolute believe a 3d dk game could reach 20 million copies. Hell, TF (switch + wii u ) is a port and even that will probably end up at 8 million (its already at 6 if im not mistaken) imagine a 3d dk then.

Although yeah that would mean no more 2d dk for a long time, nintendo obviously wouldn't handle two dk games at once, retro doesnt wants dk again and what other studio would be capable?
Of course DK could hit the upper stratospheres of game sales. Hundreds of millions of people are being exposed to the DK brand via Nintendo movies and theme parks. We've yet to see the long term effects of how much these movies and parks will increase game sales and make new Nintendo fans both young and old.

If Nintendo is making a 3D DK they could easily just assign a 3rd party studio to make a 2D DK game. Given how much of a monumental success the Mario movie and Super Nintendo World is turning out, 3rd parties are probably begging Nintendo to make merch and games for Mario and DK behind the scenes now.

Looks like Mario isn't included in the LEGO set which is good. He needs to go play somewhere else. This is Kong Country here.

Now if only I can remove him from the boxart.

Mine Cart Expansion looks quite fun

interesting that everything in these sets is only stuff that's in returns and tropical freeze
Hate to be the "um well ackthually" guy, but Dixies guitar is the blue one from DKC2. She does have a yellow one in the ending for Tropical Freeze though so whether they just picked a color that happened to be blue or they conciously wanted to include the DKC2 guitar is debatable.

With all of this stuff today and the excitement building, I just know I'm going to be disappointed if DK is yet again a no show by the time Nintendo's Summer Direct rolls around lol

I just want to see crocodiles in this series again outside of a game directed by Masahiro Sakurai

I'm still doubtful its 3d, at the very least this open world talk seems like a jump, the 2d action job listing still rings in my mind. I wouldn't be surprised if its some weird hybrid but if so the 3d is obviously more linear and not open world.

As an aside I doubt more then 5 playable but I really hope Kiddie isn't dead, like he will never ever be in smash that's fine and maybe doesn't need to be playable again but the fact he's been so ignored despite the other 3 classic playable and the 2 TF playable being promoted so much... I guess in a DK centric thread 'd like to ask why he has that hatebase, even if it isn't big like Jon Cartwright who is def a big DK fan once had "Gyro controls are cool, Kiddie Kong is not" in his bio and overall it just feels like a carry over from the 2000s "Rare Kongs suck" era that is obviously dead for the most part with how hype people are over lego Funky, but Kiddie is still more divisive... idk

As an aside I doubt more then 5 playable but I really hope Kiddie isn't dead, like he will never ever be in smash that's fine and maybe doesn't need to be playable again but the fact he's been so ignored despite the other 3 classic playable and the 2 TF playable being promoted so much... I guess in a DK centric thread 'd like to ask why he has that hatebase, even if it isn't big like Jon Cartwright who is def a big DK fan once had "Gyro controls are cool, Kiddie Kong is not" in his bio and overall it just feels like a carry over from the 2000s "Rare Kongs suck" era that is obviously dead for the most part with how hype people are over lego Funky, but Kiddie is still more divisive... idk
I'm definitely on the "Kiddie Kong is not cool" team, but now I'm wondering why. I definitely love the Rare Kongs, Diddie and Dixie are my faves, maybe I prefer the lighter, quicker feel of the gameplay from the smaller Kongs? Maybe I'm bothered that the character is a literal baby who throws a crying tantrum when you lose a life? Maybe it's the unnervingly loose feet on his onesie? 😅

I dunno. But I'll be tryina figure this out now.

I'm definitely on the "Kiddie Kong is not cool" team, but now I'm wondering why. I definitely love the Rare Kongs, Diddie and Dixie are my faves, maybe I prefer the lighter, quicker feel of the gameplay from the smaller Kongs? Maybe I'm bothered that the character is a literal baby who throws a crying tantrum when you lose a life? Maybe it's the unnervingly loose feet on his onesie? 😅

I dunno. But I'll be tryina figure this out now.
Kiddy's not exactly not my favorite in the Kong Pantheon. But for me, it's as simple as this: with guys like Funky and my boy, Chunky, around, let alone DK himself, DK's team already has some heavy hitters on the short list. And the struggle there is to just make sure they each offer something unique.

With that in mind, the baby comes off as redundant to me, at best.

At least he still got a brief shot in the Mario movie!

Random question but this seems like a good thread to ask. How’s the Switch port of Tropical Freeze? I got my son to try it on my Wii U, and he seemed to enjoy it, but it was annoying using the analogue sticks and he didn’t want to use the d-pad and we were taking turns and for some insane reason the game only lets you use one or the other. Also load times were terrible. Sounds like load times are better (though still didn’t look great), but really my question is if the controls are improved.

Kiddy always seemed like a dig at Baby Mario in Yoshis Island to me. You have the cool new fan favorite from the previous game taking lead (Dixie in DKC, Yoshi in Mario World) but with a screaming, crying toddler tagging along for the ride. Even in the story of DKC3 Funkys just like "good luck on the adventure, Dixie, btw you gotta babysit your baby cousin too". Rare was no stranger to poking fun at other dev teams, even within rare, so I think it's possible.

Random question but this seems like a good thread to ask. How’s the Switch port of Tropical Freeze? I got my son to try it on my Wii U, and he seemed to enjoy it, but it was annoying using the analogue sticks and he didn’t want to use the d-pad and we were taking turns and for some insane reason the game only lets you use one or the other. Also load times were terrible. Sounds like load times are better (though still didn’t look great), but really my question is if the controls are improved.
Never owned a Wii U so can't comment on the controls, but the load times are substantially better on Switch and the graphics are slightly better running at 1080p. I'm a DK veteran so it's difficult for me to say if the controls are good or not anyways, but play as Funky Kong if you're brand new or not very good at the game.

Regarding Kiddy, I don't dislike him nor do I like him. Just neutral. Out of all the Rare Kongs, he's definitely my least favorite.

Fun question, who are your favorite playable Rare Kongs in order? I'll go first:
1. DK
2. Cranky
3. Dixie
4. Funky
5. Chunky
6. Lanky
7. Diddy
8. Tiny
9. Kiddy

Never owned a Wii U so can't comment on the controls, but the load times are substantially better on Switch and the graphics are slightly better running at 1080p. I'm a DK veteran so it's difficult for me to say if the controls are good or not anyways, but play as Funky Kong if you're brand new or not very good at the game.

Regarding Kiddy, I don't dislike him nor do I like him. Just neutral. Out of all the Rare Kongs, he's definitely my least favorite.

Fun question, who are your favorite playable Rare Kongs in order? I'll go first:
1. DK
2. Cranky
3. Dixie
4. Funky
5. Chunky
6. Lanky
7. Diddy
8. Tiny
9. Kiddy
Honestly only dabbled in some of them playstyle wise so this is partly personality/design based
1.Diddy
2.Funky
3.Dixie
4.Chunky
5.Cranky
6.DK
7.Lanky
8.Kiddie
9.Tiny

Diddy, Dixie and Cranky are my top 3 then probably DK himself behind them. After that I’m not particular about it.

I thought the Switch version was great, though I can’t comment on comparing controls as it’s been a while since I played it on Wii U. But I don’t remember it playing badly or anything.

Dixie
Lanky
Diddy
Cranky
DK
Funky
Chunky
Tiny
Kiddy
No outright bad Kongs, but some are indeed better than others imo

I think its interesting that the new Lego sets all focus predominantly on the Kongs and Animal buddies. There's only 2 enemies in one of the sets with Snaggles and the Mole Miner both from DKCR. But there's no main enemy faction here like the Tikis, Snowmads, or Kremlings.

From a branding perspective I feel like Nintendo doesn't seem sure of who's the "main" baddies of the DK series to push anymore. It's rumored that the Tikis will be at the DK Land at Universal but even then I'm not sure who they'd use in a DK movie as the villains. The heroes on the other hand are characters consistent across all eras of DKC so they're well known to anyone who's played the games.

If you believe Hyle DKVine then Kremlings are absolutely gonna make a Komeback, his sources say stuff about the ballot really blindsiding them and even the japanese side loves K.Rool a fair bit it seems. I don't nessicarily know what he's gotten right (I do recall DKVine affiliated people seeming to know about K.Rool and Banjo in smash but I don't know how much they talked about it prior, I can't watch all 300+ eps of the Kongversation) but he did mention things that clearly relate to the new Vicarious rumors way before they happened that just piece well for him to be genuine, and even ignoring Hyle like K.Rool was publicly stated to be ballot influenced so not that hard to believe

I think its interesting that the new Lego sets all focus predominantly on the Kongs and Animal buddies. There's only 2 enemies in one of the sets with Snaggles and the Mole Miner both from DKCR. But there's no main enemy faction here like the Tikis, Snowmads, or Kremlings.

From a branding perspective I feel like Nintendo doesn't seem sure of who's the "main" baddies of the DK series to push anymore. It's rumored that the Tikis will be at the DK Land at Universal but even then I'm not sure who they'd use in a DK movie as the villains. The heroes on the other hand are characters consistent across all eras of DKC so they're well known to anyone who's played the games.
If Nintendo picks anyone but K. Rool to be the villain of a DK movie they're dumber than I thought. You have a highly popular character who has tons of games to pull material from as well as a very well received implementation in Smash, and you're gonna pick what, Tiki Tong? At that point it's just spiteful.

It's the same problem Wario Land had, moving away from the main villain and their recognizable enemies and the brand suffers as a result.

I doubt Tiki Tong returns, just a weird theme park thing. Reminder the theme park is very 3d World focused for Mario, but if anyone thinks the next 3d mario is more like 3d world then odyssey idk what they're smoking. Admittedly the movie focus is more interesting since the movie def gives 3d world vibes in aesthetic but still an exception I think (and in this case it might be that 3d world is closer to a typical mario vibe then odyssey, while thankfuly still being more interesting then New Soup)

If you believe Hyle DKVine then Kremlings are absolutely gonna make a Komeback, his sources say stuff about the ballot really blindsiding them and even the japanese side loves K.Rool a fair bit it seems. I don't nessicarily know what he's gotten right (I do recall DKVine affiliated people seeming to know about K.Rool and Banjo in smash but I don't know how much they talked about it prior, I can't watch all 300+ eps of the Kongversation) but he did mention things that clearly relate to the new Vicarious rumors way before they happened that just piece well for him to be genuine, and even ignoring Hyle like K.Rool was publicly stated to be ballot influenced so not that hard to believe
As a regular listener of the Kongversation, I can't recall anything that Hyle's gotten wrong yet. I guess it's easier to be right when we still don't have a new DK game yet lol, but he heavily teased Banjo in Smash w/out outright saying it, and it's clear as day that Nintendo is very heavily invested in DK again so I expect they learned their lessons that K. Rool is DK's Bowser.

Nevertheless, I feel like you can't bring back K. Rool in such a major way as they did in Smash and then sideline him again. The backlash would be insane

If Nintendo picks anyone but K. Rool to be the villain of a DK movie they're dumber than I thought. You have a highly popular character who has tons of games to pull material from as well as a very well received implementation in Smash, and you're gonna pick what, Tiki Tong? At that point it's just spiteful.

It's the same problem Wario Land had, moving away from the main villain and their recognizable enemies and the brand suffers as a result.

I feel like they'd have to pick K. Rool as a villain for a movie just because there's nothing there in terms of character dynamic for the Tikis and Snowmads to play off with for DK. They're generically evil antagonists that had the same motivations as K. Rool in past games (Stealing the banana horde or threatening DK Island) but with none of the charm or personal history with the Kongs.

Either way it's very strange. K. Rool made such a strong return in Smash but Nintendo has yet to utilize him for any DK projects beyond that game, and Smash exists in a weird gray area where it's creator (Sakurai) is given carte blanche to the Nintendo library to do as he pleases. I do feel like Illumination would push for K. Rool in my gut by pointing out the character's fan popularity and that they could build a stronger narrative with him.

Otherwise I guess the most sensible villain for a DK movie is Bowser again? lol

I feel like they'd have to pick K. Rool as a villain for a movie just because there's nothing there in terms of character dynamic for the Tikis and Snowmads to play off with for DK. They're generically evil antagonists that had the same motivations as K. Rool in past games (Stealing the banana horde or threatening DK Island) but with none of the charm or personal history with the Kongs.

Either way it's very strange. K. Rool made such a strong return in Smash but Nintendo has yet to utilize him for any DK projects beyond that game, and Smash exists in a weird gray area where it's creator (Sakurai) is given carte blanche to the Nintendo library to do as he pleases. I do feel like Illumination would push for K. Rool in my gut by pointing out the character's fan popularity and that they could build a stronger narrative with him.

The truth is there just really isn't anything to promote K. Rool with since Smash Ultimate. There's no new DK game yet and my belief is that the next Nintendo movie is DK based on everything Hyle's said as with the leaks back in late 2021. I think K. Rool will be the villain in both those products, but neither the game nor the movie have been announced yet.

In terms of marketing, it would soften the hype of K. Rool being officially back in a DK game if they announced him as a LEGO character first if we're being honest.

As a regular listener of the Kongversation, I can't recall anything that Hyle's gotten wrong yet. I guess it's easier to be right when we still don't have a new DK game yet lol, but he heavily teased Banjo in Smash w/out outright saying it, and it's clear as day that Nintendo is very heavily invested in DK again so I expect they learned their lessons that K. Rool is DK's Bowser.

Nevertheless, I feel like you can't bring back K. Rool in such a major way as they did in Smash and then sideline him again. The backlash would be insane
Funnily enough I would not at all mind Bowser taking a break for a release or 2, even if not a game with quick return like its been 5 years since a mainline mario with bowser as the villain but if the next one has wart and then another 5 years til bowser again I think that'd be cool

But Bowser has obviously had like 35 years to be consistent ofc, we last battled K.Rool very nearly 25 years ago

On that topic do people wanna see the most iconic K.Rool due to the gap or a new style? Like I could easily see it being King K.Rool again cause its such a gap but I'd love like Sherrif K.Rool or Krilliam Roolspeare or some fun alter ego

Perhaps the ideal is it's a 5 phase boss fight and/or there are multiple fights like Mario 3d world where world 1 is K.Rool as is the last world and we end up seeing all 4 existing egos + a new one (But I do NOT want every single boss to be a K.Rool ego, it needs to feel special)

I feel like they'd have to pick K. Rool as a villain for a movie just because there's nothing there in terms of character dynamic for the Tikis and Snowmads to play off with for DK. They're generically evil antagonists that had the same motivations as K. Rool in past games. (Stealing the banana horde or threatening DK Island)

I believe if we're talking about Hyle, he said on twitter something about Nintendo wanting the brands to be more seperate (and we do know from the Rabbids team there is an official DK IP team, separate from Mario), while I hope Mario Kart shows the connection could still mean fun crossovers, at least for K.Rool I think they wanna save him, if not bar him entirely aside from maybe Kart. Like I doubt DK ever leaves Party and Sports but the way the Kongs are in Tour is almost similar to the Zelda AC and Splatoon stuff, its some level of disconnect (though again same universe and movie like its an inbetween between full on crossover and just being seen as a Mario character).

I believe if we're talking about Hyle, he said on twitter something about Nintendo wanting the brands to be more seperate (and we do know from the Rabbids team there is an official DK IP team, separate from Mario), while I hope Mario Kart shows the connection could still mean fun crossovers, at least for K.Rool I think they wanna save him, if not bar him entirely aside from maybe Kart. Like I doubt DK ever leaves Party and Sports but the way the Kongs are in Tour is almost similar to the Zelda AC and Splatoon stuff, its some level of disconnect (though again same universe and movie like its an inbetween between full on crossover and just being seen as a Mario character).

I'm not talking about Hyle, I'm just speculating based on the Lego sets and what else has happened with the IP after DKCTF.

Something like the theme park was planned back in 2015/2016 and those plans are locked in so even after K. Rool being in Smash I can see it being a "too late to change now" scenario.

Anyways besides the topic of K. Rool, I feel like if anything Nintendo has decided to join the Mario and DK universes even more rather than separate them. For a while there the Kongs didn't show up in Mario spinoffs aside from DK, but lately Diddy has been reintroduced more often. Then Diddy, Dixie, and Funky got added to Mario Kart Tour. Then all the Kongs showing up in the Mario movie, and now these Lego sets which are part of the "Lego Super Mario" lineup rather than being separate.

I'm not talking about Hyle, I'm just speculating based on the Lego sets and what else has happened with the IP after DKCTF.

Something like the theme park was planned back in 2015/2016 and those plans are locked in so even after K. Rool being in Smash I can see it being a "too late to change now" scenario.

Anyways besides the topic of K. Rool, I feel like if anything Nintendo has decided to join the Mario and DK universes even more rather than separate them. For a while there the Kongs didn't show up in Mario spinoffs aside from DK, but lately Diddy has been reintroduced more often. Then Diddy, Dixie, and Funky got added to Mario Kart Tour. Then all the Kongs showing up in the Mario movie, and now these Lego sets which are part of the "Lego Super Mario" lineup rather than being separate.
Yeah its a complicated thing, the seperate IP team and Tour stuff makes it feel almost like, if this makes any sense, they want DK and Mario to be more blantantly the same world, but the unique identity of the DK part of that world to be more obvious at the same time? Like the appearances of DK stuff in Mario during the Wii U era was almost entirely just DK, and while we got the Returns track in 8DX aside from that the Kong tracks aren't that directly DKC... but at the same time DK using a fire flower in a big budget movie feels opposite? Idk, all I'll say is I think anyone (haven't seen it here) worried about DK just being absorbed into the Mario universe doesn't need to be, as much as its the mario movie and mario lego line the amount of care to such specific DKC stuff is too strong for it to be some timeline where there's just a jungle world with DK enemies in the next mario and donkey kong is playable, DK's own games are coming

Hyle mentioned that the DK and Mario brands split in 2017 and the DK IP team that we learned about from Ubisoft Milan was probably a result of that. I suspect they're the team that's designing a lot of the merch for the DK section of Super Nintendo World and things like that.

I'm totally on board with more crossovers between the DK brand and Mario as long as DK's world is treated equally to Mario's like how the Mario movie handled it. What I mean is that Mario plays in DK's world and DK plays in Mario's world, not a situation where the only playable character is DK and it's a Mario sports game with no DK stages or elements. I actually would prefer if Mario Kart had all 5 playable Kongs from Tropical Freeze as characters and even K. Rool. It's free advertising for the DK series. I'd even like Donkey Kong specific games to have playable Mario characters. Diddy Kong Pilot was originally going to have Mario characters in it before the buyout for example.

Yeah I'm not worried about DK being absorbed by Mario anymore. We're getting a massive theme park expansion that'll double the size of Super Nintendo World that's specific to Donkey Kong and DK is getting his own movie. If we're a "spin-off" of Mario, that's the biggest spin-off I've ever seen in fiction lol

The Switch port lets you use both the D-Pad and the analog stick.
Yeah its a complicated thing, the seperate IP team and Tour stuff makes it feel almost like, if this makes any sense, they want DK and Mario to be more blantantly the same world, but the unique identity of the DK part of that world to be more obvious at the same time?
Agree. The DK brand feels almost like the Yoshi brand now -- it's part of the same world as Mario, and Mario can meet and interact with DK / Yoshi characters in his games, but at the same time these sub-brand have a very specific identity, and their characters can have their own adventure. Of course, Yoshi is still closer to Mario than DK.

On the other hand, Wario(Ware, since Land is dead) is very disconnected from everything else from Mario's world (but pretty much the sister series of Rhythm Heaven).

Chunky
Funky
Diddy
DK
Tiny
Dixie
Cranky
Lanky
Kiddy
On the other hand, Wario(Ware, since Land is dead) is very disconnected from everything else from Mario's world (but pretty much the sister series of Rhythm Heaven).
And the funniest thing is that Waluigi is caught in the middle.

Wario's team didn't create him, so have no reason to fit him into their equation. But by virtue of being a char created for a Mario sports spinoff, he's not likely to appear in a mainline Mario game either.

Dude really is as close to a "motherless child" as it gets.

I think that we won't get K. Rool merch until his appearance in the next game is shown. I agree that it's a bit suspect that no major enemy faction was made into lego form (be it kremling, Tiki or snowmad). I'd expect K Rool to look like his Smash/Paon design, but a bit more of a lush/vibrant green to match the vibrant colors seen in Returns and TF. And assuming the DK Legos sell well (they probably will) we could expect more sets to reflect whatever the new game looks like, and a K Rool set with his galleon/blast o matic/new boss arena would be a perfect way to market it.

Also speaking of the legos, I think that August release date is a bit ominous. Not that I would bet money on it, but if they announced a new DK game at a summer direct, these sets would be a nice start to a cross-marketing campaign that leads to a fall/winter release for the game.

Personally, I'm most excited about the DK Super Nintendo World Direct. That Super Nintendo World Direct for the Mario land was great. Can't wait to see Miyamoto giving a tour of the DK park.

Of course DK could hit the upper stratospheres of game sales. Hundreds of millions of people are being exposed to the DK brand via Nintendo movies and theme parks. We've yet to see the long term effects of how much these movies and parks will increase game sales and make new Nintendo fans both young and old.

If Nintendo is making a 3D DK they could easily just assign a 3rd party studio to make a 2D DK game. Given how much of a monumental success the Mario movie and Super Nintendo World is turning out, 3rd parties are probably begging Nintendo to make merch and games for Mario and DK behind the scenes now.
like i said, the problem isnt that there isnt, but who would be capable of doing it justice.

The best third party choices for DK imo would be Playtonic and Sumo Digital. Playtonic might still be too small to handle a big project like that, but I can see them growing in the future. Sumo Digital, on the other hand, is pretty big, and games like Snake Pass and even Sonic Racing Transformed has a bit of RARE DNA in them.

The Switch port lets you use both the D-Pad and the analog stick.
Thank you! ….though to be extra safe, you mean without having to go into the settings and manually change which one you want to use?
I thought the Switch version was great, though I can’t comment on comparing controls as it’s been a while since I played it on Wii U. But I don’t remember it playing badly or anything.
In case you didn’t know, or forgot, the Wii U version is to put it nicely insane. Instead of using the analogue stick or d-pad for movement, there are two controller layouts. One uses the analogue stick for movement, the other uses the d-pad. Both are never enabled at the same time. You must choose one. Oh and all the buttons are different too, so changing between them is a huge change in controls plus it’s cumbersome since you need to go through multiple menus to change it.

Thank you! ….though to be extra safe, you mean without having to go into the settings and manually change which one you want to use?

In case you didn’t know, or forgot, the Wii U version is to put it nicely insane. Instead of using the analogue stick or d-pad for movement, there are two controller layouts. One uses the analogue stick for movement, the other uses the d-pad. Both are never enabled at the same time. You must choose one. Oh and all the buttons are different too, so changing between them is a huge change in controls plus it’s cumbersome since you need to go through multiple menus to change it.
Don't worry, they work simultaneously, like in NSMB or Mario Maker.

With DKCR 3DS, it was even dumber. You had to choose between D-Pad + rolling with L/R and grabbing with X/Y or Stick + rolling with X/Y and grabbing with L/R. Do you want to use the D-Pad and roll with X/Y? Too bad. I had to resort to homebrew to fix it.

Don't worry, they work simultaneously, like in NSMB or Mario Maker.

With DKCR 3DS, it was even dumber. You had to choose between D-Pad + rolling with L/R and grabbing with X/Y or Stick + rolling with X/Y and grabbing with L/R. Do you want to use the D-Pad and roll with X/Y? Too bad. I had to resort to homebrew to fix it.
That’s how it is on Wii U! The buttons all switch and X/Y also let you run while d-pad on its own only walks. At least with Switch you can map your buttons if you’re desperate.

The best third party choices for DK imo would be Playtonic and Sumo Digital. Playtonic might still be too small to handle a big project like that, but I can see them growing in the future. Sumo Digital, on the other hand, is pretty big, and games like Snake Pass and even Sonic Racing Transformed has a bit of RARE DNA in them.
It could be any 3rd party dev making a 2D platformer if that's the plan. There's so many talented devs out there it's difficult to keep track. For example, I've never heard of Mercury Steam before their work on Metroid. My view is they already have a great engine on Switch in Tropical Freeze and could just reuse it for another Country game. I hope that if they port Returns too, they remaster it in the Tropical Freeze engine and add the 3DS content to it

I'd like a Jungle Beat remaster as well. They could have traditional pro controller support, waggle controls like the wii version (my preference) and bongo compatibility with the GameCube adapter (everyone else's preferenc, it seems lmao). Considering all the GameCube remaster rumors we've gotten after MPR, it seems feasible

I'd like a Jungle Beat remaster as well. They could have traditional pro controller support, waggle controls like the wii version (my preference) and bongo compatibility with the GameCube adapter (everyone else's preferenc, it seems lmao). Considering all the GameCube remaster rumors we've gotten after MPR, it seems feasible
There was a patent that was filed in 2018 for a Bongo like controller on Switch: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...hints_at_donkey_konga_bongo_support_on_switch.

The timing is interesting too because this was around the time EPD took over the DK series (late 2017-early 2018). With bongos being featured in the theme park, the LEGO set, and as background elements in the Mario movie, are bongo games making a comeback?

The thing is the kremlin ga have been gone for almost 25 years now from a starring role.

If they bring them back it would be cool but if they aren’t brought back it wouldn’t really matter, if they create a new interesting villain group it would Bassicaly be the same but with less people raving on the internet.

Dk already moved away from the old branding and it’s flourishing right now though I don’t think that wario land argument is solid. Wario eventually found his place with warioware anyway.

Back
Top Bottom