• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Do you think Bayo 3 will still make 2022?

Will Bayonetta 3 release in 2022

• Yes

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably next year

Would've got a release date already if it was this year, the next stop where it could get a new trailer is a possible September Direct, at that point it's too late for it to release this year

I voted No because December is the only slot left that would make sense and I need that to go to Fire Emblem.

I think it will. Second half of September (if announced in the next few weeks), first week of November (unless Metroid Prime HD) or first half of December all look like possible windows. Heck even Black Friday is possible. It wouldn't be the first time that Nintendo releases another game alongside Pokémon, and Bayonetta's audience will surely have less overlap with Pokémon's than Smash's has.

Nope, for some reason I think it will sell and be received better if it comes out next year before April. Nier coming in October also makes me feel like there is more chance for delay.

Honest question: why do people think Nier Automata has anything to do with the release date of Bayonetta 3? It's a port of a five-year-old game and therefore won't release with the same fanfare as a brand new game. If they were concerned with the interest overlapping, surely they'd prioritize Bayonetta 3 over Nier, right? It wouldn't make sense to push Bayonetta for Nier's sake. It's also very likely that it was in development for Switch since last year when Bayonetta 3 was given a 2022 release window. It's not like Nintendo was suddenly surprised by Nier Automata appearing in a Direct and went "we have to move Bayonetta now".

Last edited:
This might sound stupid, but do these supposedly "finished" titles that are simply waiting for a release date by Nintendo, get post-completion (but pre-launch) support by devs?

I mean once a title becomes "gold" and "sitting" in Nintendo's war chest, do teams move on to the next project and wait for official release to fix bugs/release patches or do they keep working on it?

We often hear devs wish they had more time to further optimize, implement additional features and fix bugs before release, but this seems to be the opposite!

This might sound stupid, but do these "finished" titles that are simply waiting for a release date by Nintendo get post-completion (but pre-launch) support by devs?

I mean once a title becomes "gold" and "sitting" in Nintendo's war chest, do teams move on to the next project and wait for official release to fix bugs/release patches or do they keep working on it?

We often hear devs wish they had more time to further optimize, implement additional features and fix bugs before release, but this seems to be the opposite!
When games are finished it can mean both content complete but it needs polishing/bug fixing (what happened with FE being finished in 2021) or being content complete and polished (FE case right now it seems) but them working on post-launch content to bring it as early as possible to release date to lose as little sales as possible. Also yes Nintendo does act the opposite in a lot of aspect of the industry lol

Honest question: why do people think Nier Automata has anything to do with the release date of Bayonetta 3? It's a port of a five-year-old game and therefore won't release with the same fanfare as a brand new game. If they were concerned with the interest overlapping, surely they'd prioritize Bayonetta 3 over Nier, right? It wouldn't make sense to push Bayonetta for Nier's sake. It's also very likely that it was in development for Switch since last year when Bayonetta 3 was given a 2022 release window. It's not like Nintendo was suddenly surprised by Nier Automata appearing in a Direct and went "we have to move Bayonetta now".
They're both developed by PlatinumGames and would target similar audiences.

Bayonetta 3's release date isn't going to be dictated by the NieR:Automata port, but the reverse would be possible. Even if we don't know the release date of Bayo 3, Nintendo might have nailed it down, and they presumably would leave some space between that game and NieR on their schedule to avoid overlap to NieR's detriment.

Yeah, Kamiya just said about a week ago worrying going up against Splatoon. Seems like late September or early October will be the time.

Yeah, Kamiya just said about a week ago worrying going up against Splatoon. Seems like late September or early October will be the time.
This Kamiya interviews indicates that he know that the games is coming out this year

I mean he have also said that it's to play Bayo 1 &2 to full enjoy 3

I believe it will be delayed to early 2023.
I'm hoping it is.

Bayonetta 3 could shine as a January or February title, and it will be completely overshadowed if it hits September - December. They don't need to fill a slot anymore. Delay it and give it some breathing room.

I'm hoping it is.

Bayonetta 3 could shine as a January or February title, and it will be completely overshadowed if it hits September - December. They don't need to fill a slot anymore. Delay it and give it some breathing room.
This…sounds so insane to me, some of you are logistic managers first and gamers second 😭 I would really prefer the game to just come out ASAP lol

This…sounds so insane to me, some of you are logistic managers first and gamers second 😭 I would really prefer the game to just come out ASAP lol

I hear ya but I also want the game to succeed so we might one day get another.

And from a strictly gamer position, we aren't exactly starving in September and beyond. Plenty to fill the void with. Splatoon alone will dominate my gaming time.

I hear ya but I also want the game to succeed so we might one day get another.

And from a strictly gamer position, we aren't exactly starving in September and beyond. Plenty to fill the void with. Splatoon alone will dominate my gaming time.
It's coming out on Switch, that means it's already going to do better than the last one.

I think it will land in late 2022, and receive a dedicated direct after Splatoon 3 is released at this point. Its absence from the recent direct can be viewed as either good or bad. Bad as it raises concerns about the state of the game...but possibly good because Nintendo has used directs to delay a game more than once, which could point to my prediction being true since they didn't do that.

Time will tell, but I am choosing to remain optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom