• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Do you think Bayo 3 will still make 2022?

Will Bayonetta 3 release in 2022

• Yes

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AranPrime

Octorok
Pronouns
He
Nintendo seems to be on track to have a pretty packed fall and holiday season, from Splatoon in early September all the way to Pokemon in mid November. In between those, we have Mario+Rabbids, Nier, Persona 5, Metroid Prime Remake and potentially Advance Wars. And this makes me wonder if Bayo 3 will be delayed to 2023 to give it a more space.

A lot of people predicted that it would launch in October, but considering that month will now see the release of 3 meaty length games, would it be wise to do so anymore when people might want to dedicate their time to Nier, Persona or Rabbids instead?

I suppose there is still the possibility of it releasing in the second half of September since that's right before those 3 games, and going by the length of the previous Bayo games, this will give people the time to be done with Bayo before Nier comes out on Oct 6. But if that were to be case, wouldn't we have seen more of this game by now? Maybe there'll be a Direct specifically about it sometime in August, even though you'd think the marketing would be all about Splatoon 3 at that time. And a release in November seems unlikely when the series has never been a big holiday seller. And so I'm left wondering on the odds of the game releasing this year.

To be clear, I don't think the game will be delayed due to development not being done, but rather Nintendo wanting to release in a more opportune time. Sometimes in January or February maybe.

Yeah no reason to think it's being delayed. Nintendo doesn't care how much third party games is releasing when it comes to release their games. They almost always have a game (or even two) per month, they don't really care.
So far, they don't have any release in August, October and December.
I was thinking August until recently, but I guess it'll be an October release. Or a September one. Again, Nintendo isn't affraid to release two games per month.

Splatoon 3 is releasing early September. Sometimes, if Nintendo releases a game early in the month, it means they have another one later in the month.

The fear is creeping in that it won't be but I'll remain optimistic for now...

edit: nm, I can't read lol

edit 2: didn't they announce the release date relatively recently? just seems weird to delay it now, even if there's some knock-on effect of other games getting their releases mixed around like Advance Wars.

Last edited:
I don't see why Nintendo would add it to their website like they did this month(and with a 2022 on it) if they weren't planning on releasing it this year

but I don't see why Nintendo would do a lot of things they're doing lately so who knows I guess

still think it does though

The fear is creeping in that it won't be but I'll remain optimistic for now...
About where I am; nervous it won't make 2022 but I've yet to see evidence to the contrary so might as well keep pushing forward with the H2 2022 optimism

Im prognosing the delay since spring.
It was an anounced game, that was rumored to have slight production problems,
was shown with a trailer that was just "fine" (i have not heard many opinions that are either "its great" or "its bad", the consens seems to be that its a bad showing of a good game).

Now, that we even have Nier in October, i could only see it being either December and being shown later this year, or, more realistic to me: spring 2023.

Heck, maybe it was pushed back cause they thought they can polish it to look great on the next hardware as a showcase, since that game was always stuck in ps3 level graphics with slight improvements and using an artstyle that clearly benefits more from higher fidelity then something like mario kart, so showing it as an example what the next switch can do seems reasonable to me.

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe.gif

Yes. The producer hinted that the game is finished, they're just waiting on Nintendo to date it.

You people are way too optimistic.

It was never going to come out in 2022. Hell I still don't think it's gonna come out on the current model Switch at all.
Y'all have the weirdest takes I swear to god. Bayonetta 3 is not getting delayed for a Switch 2 that isn't coming out for another two or three years.

I don't know, but tbf September and December have all the space in the world for a niche-single player game like Bayonetta.

A lot of people predicted that it would launch in October, but considering that month will now see the release of 3 meaty length games, would it be wise to do so anymore when people might want to dedicate their time to Nier, Persona or Rabbids instead?
I guess I could see Nier overlapping in a way they'd want to avoid. But there's no reason Bayo 3 couldn't release in November or December, since I doubt they're worried about cannibalizing Pokémon or Dragon Quest Treasures.

I am voting for no because I think the final six months of the year are already too loaded. December is the only available spot, and I am thinking that will go to something else.

With that being said, I'd gladly accept Bayonetta 3 as Christmas gift from Nintendo.

Who knows I guess. I really don’t care when it comes out more than the quality of the actual game. That first gameplay trailer didn’t sell me on the game like the first gameplay trailer for Bayo2.

It was never going to come out in 2022. Hell I still don't think it's gonna come out on the current model Switch at all.
There is a 0 chance that it's not coming to Switch.

Could land in early October/late September or December, I think

At worst I can see it being January (like the first two games' Switch port, iirc)

Kamiya seemed pretty sure of a release for this year, and it further helps round out Q4's catalog.

For right now, no reason to believe there's a reason for a delay.

Yes, I think so.
My guess is that they are going to show in the next presentation (speculated to happen in July or around that time).

And in case there’s no future presentation, wouldn’t surprise me if we see as a Twitter drop.

I'm still going with yes, but if we don't have any news by September, then I doubt it will be a 2022 game anymore.

The reveal trailer in last September's Direct said 2022.

I think either it or Fire Emblem has the December slot, not sure which, if I had to guess I'd give it to Bayo since we've seen it this year. My opinion on this is the same as it would have been before the Direct, though; Nintendo seems to treat Bayonetta like first-party iirc.

I'm 50/50

I kept thinking Oct 2022 was perfect but seeing Nier Automata coming in early Oct.....maybe either late Oct/early Nov?

If it is in 2023 it's in Q1 and probably due to scheduling releases etc.

I thought it would be in the October slot, but Rabbids is taking that. And supposedly Metroid Prime HD is a sure thing for 2022? So I'm not really sure where Bayonetta is supposed to slot in. August seems too soon considering we've heard nothing yet. Could be late September/early October, or perhaps December, but just a weird situation all around. I hate Nintendo's communication sometimes

I think revealing it after such a prolonged silence indicated Nintendo was confident in its ability to show up as dated.

I was afraid threads like this would start appearing after today’s direct.

There is no indication for it being delayed. The game was literally put at the top of the Featured page on the Nintendo Store a few weeks ago (for the first time)

Metroid and Pokémon as the big pair in november and then October looks stupidly full with 3rd parties (I think something casual like the 1-2 switch sequel would fit in October) so for Bayonetta.... September 23rd or December 2nd are my 2 guesses

At this point I've got it in December. Late October and Late November are covered by Sparks of Hope and Pokemon, respectively, and I'm feeling pretty confident in Metroid Prime HD in early November. That just leaves late September (which feels too early, although I'd love to be wrong), early October, or early December. If it weren't for NieR, I'd guess early October. I don't think NieR is will scare off Bayonetta entirely, but I can't imagine Platinum would want them to launch within a like a week of each other.

That just leaves early December, which would be a solid spot for it IMO. Great closer for the year.

I think it's still coming this year. This is a weird angle, I know, but I think if it were delayed, we would have gotten a more traditional "E3" direct or atleast a regular mini.

They would have the announcement of the delay followed by an absolute banger of a trailer to make up for it. Plus some other new first party things would help alleviate it too.

That lineup looks stacked, but more than 50% of the games you listed are ports or remakes... So yeah I can see Bayo3 still fitting in.

Yes i don't think it was ever planned to be shown in this.

I could rather see a dedicated presentation for it or just wait for the next regular Direct.

if people are still that confident, then i really only see the option of nintendo wanting to have a multy game showcase of Switch Advance (=P) with:
Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 / Remake, BotW Trailer.

If there really is another direct in July like Grubb says that’s focused on first party then yeah I could see being announced for like September or any of the last three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom