• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Hardware Do you have a screen protector on your Switch?

Do you have a screen protector on your Switch?

• Total voters
Well I got my screen protectors in. I applied one, and it was like 98% good but there was a tiny speck of dust under it, and it was like 0.5 mm not aligned perfectly and I knew that’d drive me bonkers. Tried the second screen protector and it had an even bigger speck of dust under it… so both were a wash. Oh well! I guess that’s like 15 bucks down the drain haha

I’ll just baby the thing instead of sinking any more money into screen protectors haha
Did you do the bathroom trick? Running a hot shower with the door closed will fog the room up and really clear a lot of dust out of the air. Then you can do the application.

I must be lucky with these things, I’ve never had to do it more than once!

I’m firmly pro amFilm on my Switches. It feels much nicer than the stock surface and offers legitimately good protection.

Nintendo should pre-apply a proper protective film at the factory like some mobile phone manufacturers do. Not like the one on the OLED that isn't supposed to be removed. A replaceable one.

My Hori film is holding up but I can see some scratches on it from putting it in an older dock. Hopefully the scratches are just on the film and won't show underneath but I just can't be doing with fretting about it. I've even gotten used to my wobbly joycon now. I was gonna try the electrical tape method but never got round to it.

I do, I have the one bundled with the case on my OG Switch. Oled is way more scratchproof though, since has a glass and not plastic screen, but this means it could break easily if it will fall

I do, I have the one bundled with the case on my OG Switch. Oled is way more scratchproof though, since has a glass and not plastic screen, but this means it could break easily if it will fall
It's unfortunately got a non-removable plastic film over the top of it which is bound to be more prone to scratching than the glass itself. It probably isn't Gorilla Glass either. I'm hoping Nintendo will take the kid gloves off in the future and give us a proper Gorilla Glass or equivalent option. I've put a film over the film which is a bit ridiculous.

Never used one on any handhelds or devices. Feels pointless buying a device with a nice touch screen and then touching plastic/protector on top.

Never used one on any handhelds or devices. Feels pointless buying a device with a nice touch screen and then touching plastic/protector on top.
Depends on the screen but tempered glass screen protectors feel significantly nicer than the Switch's screen and they don't effect touch functionality at all.

Depends on the screen but tempered glass screen protectors feel significantly nicer than the Switch's screen and they don't effect touch functionality at all.
The OLED model screens feels amazing. I also play many games with touch if the option is available. I personally won't ever use them.

I had one on my launch unit, but didn't put one on my OLED. Haven't scratched it yet - I think the OLED dock is a little more forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom