• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music DJ Snakey's Music Thread

Not that into black metal but man, I can appreciate some good melodic fast tracks like this, wow! More of an Anaal Natrakh guy myself though. (And even more into crust, old school trash, hardcore and stuff when it comes to guitar music)

If you are into melodic crust and shit, check out Skaven. Fuckin war crust.

If you are into melodic crust and shit, check out Skaven. Fuckin war crust.

Ha I know this band from a Dystopia split! Didn't know this release though. Love it. Clearly influenced by Amebix and Antisect I think.

Was listening to this for the first time in a while.

There are like five albums that are just perfect, for me anyway, and this is one of them. I can't even put a finger on why, it just works.

Been listening to De La Soul's cata;logue recently. I love their latest Kickstarted album ..And The Anonymous Nobody (even though Stakes is High is my favourite). On ...And The Anonymous nobody you can hear a rejuvenated De La soul even though they were still in battle with Tommy Boy over their catalogue. The last song kind of feels optimistic as well as melancholic. Such a great song:

Just to cheer myself up because we are going into a month long strict lock down again, I started to listen again to the great Space Lady. She used to play on the streets of San Francisco and does het own compositions as well as covers which are all great. I have a few of her recordings and they're quircky, but if you give it a little listen, they're great:

I found out the new Burial landed while on the school run today, I listened to it, and was compelled to immediately bang out some words when returning home to my keyboard:

I've been having some Die Antwoord flashbacks recently.

E: Added spoiler because I can imagine the video might not fly in some workplaces somewhere around the world and such.

I'm probably one of the few liking harsh industrial, noise and power electronics, but have been diving back into Genocide Organ's doscography lately. So powerfull!

Now go listen to Weedeater for some dope stonery grooves.

Then go chill out to some Planning for Burial.

Then go listen to Anopheli.

this album has been known only to True Heads for a very long time. i think it deserves more love. crusty newcastle chipbreak madness.

Dunno if I've posted this one before. Forget how I discovered it exactly but I'm pretty sure I only clicked it originally cause it had Street Fighter in the title haha.

this album has been known only to True Heads for a very long time. i think it deserves more love. crusty newcastle chipbreak madness.

You and me have a bond now! I love breakcore and have been following Bloody Fist back in the day closely! Great choice! Have actually been playing some Epsilon records earlier today:

2ea48624-ef62-42e6-a8w1j5j.jpg

I've not really been paying attention, are people happy to admit Justin Bieber is good yet?

I listened to a Justin Bieber Christmas song once, and I didn't hate it.

His music really isn't any better or any worse than the typical pop music meant to sell as much as possible to the broadest audience possible. I think people only trash Bieber and his music because it's "cool" to do so.

I've always liked this. I put it on when I'm in a certain mood or sometimes when I need to focus on work.

Back
Top Bottom