• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Music DJ Snakey's Music Thread

LittleSnake

DJ Snakey
Welcome to DJ Snakey's music thread!

If you have cool songs you want to share, or just want to share a song you're currently listening too, feel free to post it here.
Any jams are fine, there's no restrictions on genre. You can post from classical music, to electro, to pop or heavy metal, it doesn't matter! You don't even have to post songs, you can discuss music artists. As long as everyone stays civil and not judge each others music taste, we good.

Any jams, anytime, anywhere. Get grooving 🎧

Awesome thread (and love the Daði love, @OTBWY )! We'll win Eurovision one of these days, I swear.

I'll add to the Nordic electronica vibe with some post-colonial gender politics music:

Need to post this as this is one of my favourite songs of all time and I can't even count how many times I've listened to it:

The debut Magdalena Bay album Mercurial World that came out last week has been on constant rotation. It's a pretty cool throwback to 2010's chill wave, very similar to bands like Neon Indian, but also taking inspiration in some ways from pop artists like Grimes or Charli XCX.

Already some bangers being posted that I absolutely co-sign.

Luna - Free Somebody

Last edited:
Woah I have the BICEP track also on my spotify tracklist. So so good and the clip gives the exact right vibe.
Yeah, they make some really cool stuff! They used to have a blog too, focussed on dance music.
This track is great too:

What I've been listening to lately:
Love this band, too bad this is their farewell album.

Emicida is always awesome. If you have Netflix, do yourself a favor and seach for the documentary on this album (AmarElo- É tudo pra ontem, not sure how it was translated but I think if you put Emicida on the search box you may find it)

Never heard of kickdrum. Is this some type of hardcore?
easier to jokingly call it "kick drum music" instead of potentially having to litigate the six different types of "hardcore" that exist in the anglosphere imo

did you guys know Jamie Lidell used to be a techno guy

Some excellent recommendations in the thread already, such as Magdalena Bay and Luna. Since I'm a multi-genre person myself, I'll throw a few things from various styles I've been listening to lately:

Metal band Ice Nine Kills continues their tradition of fiction-inspired music: after a brilliant album based on classic literature and one on horror cinema, they dig into the latter again with a really mature and exciting album. Give it a spin!

Nava is a really talented artist who combines electronica, pop, with a hint of Italian and Persian sounds alike - makes sense, considering she's from Iran and is making music in Italy. Interestingly enough, she's in this year's edition of X Factor Italia. She has various things on Spotify, too.

A recommendation from a great Internet friend of mine, this British electropop banger is just the main single of a really fun and creative album that, again, can be found on Spotify for your listening pleasure.

Moving further into the electronic territory, Eliminate keeps having some of most wicked sounds in EDM right now. His new EP is straight fire.

Speaking of bangers, RayRay definitely deserves attention too. Well-produced electronic stuff, great vocals, good vibes all across.

Will definitely post more in the future.

One of those tracks that I keep finding myself coming back to.

Ellzo- Sunday Sauce

Been replaying Death Stranding, so Ghost is stuck in my head again.

Not sure if this is the right topic or if maybe we should make a separate topic, but I LOVE record digging and just got a new haul today and love to share it with you :)

I hope it is allowed!

img-20211023-wa0002bdk3o.jpeg

img-20211023-wa0004q5kef.jpeg

img-20211023-wa0003a6j6x.jpeg

Last edited:
End of year is quickly approaching, so I'm making a best top 2021 hit list. Sadly, a lot of songs have to be cut. I really liked this Roxen song

It's super catchy, fun video to watch (in my opinion), but it's not a memorable song for me, hence why it didn't make my list

Last edited:

On the fence with this one, think I'm leaning to scrapping it. I love Spacey Jane's music but I find this song to kind of sound similar to their other work.

Not sure if this is the right topic or if maybe we should make a separate topic, but I LOVE record digging and just got a new haul today and love to share it with you :)

I hope it is allowed!
oh, that blue elephant comp has train to skaville on it! great find

On a complete CunninLynguists trip. Love their Oneirology concept album about dreams. This is a stand out track for me:

But love their first album a lot too, especially because of this song:

Got some old new vinyl in da house! Yeah, already owned Illmatic, but man, my original is wasted all through these years lol

records1ekxf.jpg

Not that into black metal but man, I can appreciate some good melodic fast tracks like this, wow! More of an Anaal Natrakh guy myself though. (And even more into crust, old school trash, hardcore and stuff when it comes to guitar music)
Oroku, Fall of Efrafa and Ekkaia baybeeeeee. Morrow and Lightbearer as well.

Back
Top Bottom