• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Disney Game Leak

I mean I would be so pleased if this is real and good. We haven't had a legit new 2D Mickey platformer in like 25+ years, I think. And thank you for tagging spoilers considerately!

Looks like a cancelled project.

Ubisoft and Disney had an agreement years ago to use Rayman's engine UbiArt for a number of Disney properties but only one game actually came out: Gravity Falls for 3DS (pretty bad game). Ubisoft later abandoned the UbiArt engine. This could be one of those games that was in development.

I mean I would be so pleased if this is real and good. We haven't had a legit new 2D Mickey platformer in like 25+ years, I think. And thank you for tagging spoilers considerately!
there was Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion back in 2012, so not quite that long

not sure if anyone was really enamored with it though

it's incredibly funny to me that reddit handed you "Possible Mickey Mouse Co-op game leak?" and you went with "Disney Game Leak"

Oh my God.. I've been asking to have Mickey return to platformers since Castle of Illusion 2013! Please be an actual game!

Did they rereleased any of the snes trilogy (magical quest, circus mystery and magical quest 3) or are they all stuck on the snes????
they were rereleased on GBA only; That was how Magical Quest 3 got an official english translation, btw (previously a Super Famicom only game);

Looks like a cancelled project.

Ubisoft and Disney had an agreement years ago to use Rayman's engine UbiArt for a number of Disney properties but only one game actually came out: Gravity Falls for 3DS (pretty bad game). Ubisoft later abandoned the UbiArt engine. This could be one of those games that was in development.
I thought it might be cancelled, too, but one of the posts suggests a filename from April 2022. Not sure if that means anything here but kinda hoping so.

there was Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion back in 2012, so not quite that long

not sure if anyone was really enamored with it though
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that one. I couldn't get into it but I did try the demo. I do remember one user on the previous forum being really into it, though.

You should try the animated shorts with this style! They're on the Mickey Mouse YouTube channel
Oh, I love the Paul Rudish shorts! They remember that Mickey is an actual character who can be fun and funny to watch, and they're the absolute best thing to happen to Mickey in a long while.

The design of Mickey and Friends here is similar, but not an exact 1:1 to the shorts, as seen here:
OIP.RD3MvGzsg4OOkP6DS3x5IAHaD4

bBSOVdz.jpg

They're both very stylized, but Mickey here is a bit lankier than the shorts, and Goofy's design is this concept art is a lot cuter than his design in the shorts.

The design of the locals are beautiful, and remind a lot of something out of the Rayman series in how fantastical they are. Look at this weird and wonderful Moon town, for instance!
edflYMA.jpg

Last edited:
The images give me mayor Rayman Origins vibes. Hopefully this new game is confirmed , i'm always down for some 2D Mickey action.

Oh, I love the Paul Rudish shorts! They remember that Mickey is an actual character who can be fun and funny to watch, and they're the absolute best thing to happen to Mickey in a long while.

The design of Mickey and Friends here is similar, but not an exact 1:1 to the shorts, as seen here:
OIP.RD3MvGzsg4OOkP6DS3x5IAHaD4

blob

They're both very stylized, but Mickey here is a bit lankier than the shorts, and Goofy's design is this concept art is a lot cuter than his design in the shorts.

The design of the locals are beautiful, and remind a lot of something out of the Rayman series in how fantastical they are. Look at this weird and wonderful Moon town, for instance!
blob
Thanks, I didn't realise they aren't the same! A couple of the pics you included aren't showing up, it just says blob.

Thanks, I didn't realise they aren't the same! A couple of the pics you included aren't showing up, it just says blob.
No prob! And about the pics, I'll see what I can do to get them to show up!

Alright, edited. Hopefully the pics are showing up now!

Last edited:
No prob! And about the pics, I'll see what I can do to get them to show up!

Alright, edited. Hopefully the pics are showing up now!
They are indeed showing up and I really agree with what you wrote!

Back
Top Bottom