• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Disney Dreamlight Valley Thread

Ojoloco

Hi πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
FRXPCLCVUAAplWp

Platforms: Switch, PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series, Xbox One

Release date: Early Acces on september 6 2022 purchasing the founders pack or on Gamepass

WHAT IS DREAMLIGHT VALLEY?​

Disney Dreamlight Valley is an upcoming free-to-play, life-simulation adventure game that puts YOU at the center of a journey to restore a once-idyllic village now desolate and full of night thorns after a mysterious event called The Forgetting. You’ll need to build relationships with a cast of Disney and Pixar heroes and villains to uncover their lost memories and solve the mysteries of the Valley; all while making your mark on the land by customizing your dream village and bringing out your Disney style or Pixar adoration with your avatar.

logo

inner_news_banner_background_2_bdec9f87c5.jpg

WHAT IS DREAMLIGHT VALLEY?​

Disney Dreamlight Valley is an upcoming free-to-play, life-simulation adventure game that puts YOU at the center of a journey to restore a once-idyllic village now desolate and full of night thorns after a mysterious event called The Forgetting. You’ll need to build relationships with a cast of Disney and Pixar heroes and villains to uncover their lost memories and solve the mysteries of the Valley; all while making your mark on the land by customizing your dream village and bringing out your Disney style or Pixar adoration with your avatar.

inner_news_SS_2_Castle_Thorns_18aa34f4ed.jpg

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE VILLAGE HERO​

To unravel the secrets of Dreamlight Valley you’ll visit diverse realms inspired by a variety of Disney and Pixar films, but your journey will begin with a quest from who else but Merlin! While you won’t be pulling swords from stones, you will need to be equipped for the challenges ahead. Fortunately, the Valley is full of materials! You may even need to help a certain grumpy shopkeeper who would be happy to part with resources for your adventures (for a few coins, to be sure).
FRX-6hEVUAAkvHX

LIVE YOUR LIFE MAGICALLY​

In Dreamlight Valley, your adventures are as limitless as your customization options! You will be able to express your fandom by designing Disney and Pixar inspired outfits or by using the vast library of clothing in-game. Your home and village will also not be limited to one layout – you’ll be able to upgrade a number of elements in your dream world by collecting new items and buildings for your villagers. The game will also feature an ever-evolving list of Disney and Pixar-inspired furniture and clothing, from Mickey Mouse-adorned streetwear to Frozen-inspired antique kitchen designs, and more.

This thread is to share official information about the game as it is revealed, and so that people interested in the game can talk about it and its news.

Last edited:
This premise reads like β€œwhat if we made Kingdom Hearts, but for people afraid of anime?”

Thanks for keeping the thread updated. News on it doesn't enter a lot of place. My wife hasn't seen the trailer yet, but I think she will really like it. She greatly enjoyed Disney magical world, and this seems greatly inspired by that.

Personally, I think the main characters are a little uncanny here. Maybe too detailed compared to the cartoons they are with. The mii characters worked better from that angle.

Oh shit Scrooge McDuck is in this?

So I just run some chores for him and then he beats the shit out of everything like an unstoppable feathered dynamo?

eff9gx2Tmot0QRSLRSh5RSqkdFDxyEM7dtVp1CxU4BY.jpg

The main character seems remarkably out of place, but ngl this looks much better than I was expecting from Gameloft!

Downloaded this yesterday, been playing on Steam Deck. Doesn't seem to want to hit 60fps despite GPU / CPU utilisation being <80% at 50fps~, so I've locked it to 30fps and it seems to run perfectly with quick loading times.

In terms of gameplay, it reminds me more of Rune Factory than AC or even Stardew Valley so far. There doesn't seem to be any limits on how much stuff you can do in a day, at least at the beginning. There is a stamina meter that seems completely pointless so I'm not sure why it's there - you can partly refill it by eating food or fully, instantly, just by returning to your home. I wonder if it is a holdover from some different phase of design where it had a more traditional F2P stamina mechanic. The clock is synced to real time after the tutorial which is a bit of a shame, like AC, because it means if you can only play after work or early in the morning you get a village that's eternally night.

It's a very chill game, the music is wonderful and the graphics are pretty appealing - they've translated the 2D characters well into this style. I love how they've woven different Disney themes into the character music when you interact with or visit a villager's house. They sound like new arrangements to me and they're nostalgia inducing.

Going to give this a shot since it’s free on game pass, but jeez I hate the main character model and animations so much

No joke, a friend of mine just told me she likes this game better than Animal Crossing.

Between this apparently being that fun and the new 2D Mickeyvania I wonder if Disney is actually trying with video games again.

I really hate the camera angle in this and it's been a barrier to me playing. The MC seems oddly out of scale with the world and it feels awkward. Like a third person camera crammed into a top-down game.

That, and I'm not super enthralled by the over systemizing of the game with so many quests. Seems like critics are adoring it doing what "animal crossing don't" - but damn am I glad AC didn't go this direction... I'll take the lack of bulk actions! lol.

I recently got this on Switch, PC, and Xbox (not PS because no cross progression there). It has HUGE potential imo. I just hope the full f2p version isn't too f2p if you know what I mean.

The early 2023 roadmap is out now!

DDV_22374_S_Roadmap2_A_24_OFF_01_LS_1920x1080_EN_97d58b2d9c.png

Looks like 2023 will be a interesting year for the Dreamlight players

Back
Top Bottom