• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Digimon Survive launches July 28th/29th worldwide (UPDATE: gameplay trailer, see threadmarks)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear it officially, it's been so long since we heard anything other than occasional ratings.

The fact is already rating in some countries tell me this delay is the last. But I doubt we will see the game before April 2022.

Nice that it's still coming out, shame about all the delays but hopefully the Miyamoto quote rings true.

Really looking forward to a good Digimon game on the Switch after playing the Cyber Sleuth games in 2019.

Some delays -- cool with me. This often, tho? Eeeeh. Seems a bit worrisome, ngl. Like it's not really coming together well.

I picked up Cyber Sleuth off the eShop a couple weekends ago, it's my first Digimon game ever.

I feel like the Science Dog meme who doesn't have any clue what he's doing. My starter Digimon has been like 30 different Digimon already and I'm in Chapter 4. It looks like any Digimon can evolve into any other Digimon? So I've been obsessively filling out my Pokedex just evolving->de-evolving everything repeatedly.

Quoted by: Leo
As usual I'm glad it's not canned, but I hope it all comes together. Still very interested in it as it hits most of my favorite genres.

I picked up Cyber Sleuth off the eShop a couple weekends ago, it's my first Digimon game ever.

I feel like the Science Dog meme who doesn't have any clue what he's doing. My starter Digimon has been like 30 different Digimon already and I'm in Chapter 4. It looks like any Digimon can evolve into any other Digimon? So I've been obsessively filling out my Pokedex just evolving->de-evolving everything repeatedly.

Yeah, essentially, and that's why I can't enjoy the Cyber Sleuth games. The DS games weren't like that iirc, so there was actually a point in catching new Digimon.

I vastly prefer the Digimon World series, but it's not for everyone.

I really don’t have high hopes that this game is going to come out. If it does, I’m gonna be extremely skeptical of it given the large amount of delay’s it has faced.

Am not surprised at all. I was expecting a delay till next year. I just have low hopes if this game ever does come out.

Man we had not heard from it in so long I figured it was delayed. Glad it’s still coming.

I thought it was releasing I'm 2022 anyways... Have we seen any gameplay for this game?

Glad it's still in development, but the fact that they still don't have anything to show after all this time is kind of disheartening.

To the surprise of nobody. This game got announced way too early.

That's where I'm at. It always seemed overly ambitious in terms of its release date, and obviously the pandemic didn't help.

I would guess this is the last one though.

This sounds like my dream Digimon Game so I guess I'm happy they care enough to not shove it out the door. I wonder what all these delays mean about the overall quality though...

It keeps getting rated, they must be planning on an early 2022 release.

I would like to see more of the game, I don't think we've actually seen it since the initial trailers.

I'm hoping to see the next Story game soon as well.

I swear I've heard of this game more than Inazuma Eleven Ares. There's no way this game is making back it's budget

I swear I've heard of this game more than Inazuma Eleven Ares. There's no way this game is making back it's budget
Level 5 went to the only company being able to rival Nintendo sw output sales wise in Japan to not being able to releases or sell games in only 3 years what a fall from grace.
Also this game doesnt seem to have a high budget really but dont expect high sales from it so you may be right

I got a mini heart attack when I saw the thread bumped, I was afraid of more delays or even worse... Cancellation.
Teaser looks great! Another tactical RPG I'm looking forward to. I love the design of Saki already!

They keep showing the same footage again and again. I wonder how much variety the game will have if it's really supposed to last like 100h.

I really dislike how trailers of many japanese games are just showing the artwork of all the characters flying arouind on screen.
Atlest this shows gameplay, but it doesn't look much different from what they've shown before.
Cóuld have atleast used a different area.

They keep showing the same footage again and again. I wonder how much variety the game will have if it's really supposed to last like 100h.

As I understand this is more like a visual novel with the srpg part as a complement. So it seems it would be very similar to Tears to Tiara 2 and that lasted around 70-80 hours at normal reading speed.

Showing this teaser in English makes it likely that the game will actually release in the West this year. And it's time.

utawarerumono styled digimon sounds neat TBH

Showing this teaser in English makes it likely that the game will actually release in the West this year. And it's time.

The game has been rated in several countries last year, I'd be shocked if it doesn't release this year.

Yay, finally some good news!!!

I've been waiting for this game ever since it got announced.

The intro ost alone already 100% sold me on the game!

I've never played a Digimon game (I do have Cybersleuth in my backlog), but this seems like a easy to jump in without prior knowledge type of game. And honestly turnbased strategy and VN's are my jam. 😎

So yeah I'm super stoked for this one!! I really hope it's worth the wait.

Hope its good, just started watching Digimon Ghost Game so keen to check it out

I love Digimon and would do anything for a new Cyber Sleuth or World title.

This game just confuses me though. Is there a big audience for a Digimon visual novel strategy game? Such an odd choice for a Digimon game, hahaha.

I like SRPG/TRPG, but yeah same... I'd prefer a new World title or Cyber Sleuth. Should be fun I hope though.

It's supposed to be leaked from the magazine, so the official announcement will no doubt reveal the worldwide release date.

I love Digimon and would do anything for a new Cyber Sleuth or World title.

This game just confuses me though. Is there a big audience for a Digimon visual novel strategy game? Such an odd choice for a Digimon game, hahaha.
Digimon (the anime) has always been really into character drama and relationships etc... (atleast in Digimon Adventure/Tamers/Last Evolution kinda stuff) and so a visual novel about the bonds between Digimon and partner/friends/romance makes a ton of sense with a battle element there for the IP. Makes actually more sense than a more battle focused action adventure-y feel

Last edited:
I'm pretty glad even though I have a backlog of games. I just really want this game and I'm sure that date is most likely the same for US. If not, it shouldn't be that much later.

So glad to see a release date for this, even if right now it's not confirmed for a same-time global release. One of the very few games I'm planning to pick up on launch this year!

Guessing an October/November release date for the rest of the world(?) Hopefully it's this year anyway, it's been a really long wait for this game already lol.
The year of the strategy RPG continues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom