• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Did your nearby store ever have a World of Nintendo section?

Mer.Saloon

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
I was too young when World of Nintendo was still a huge section in Toy Stores, so I never got to experience that time when Ninty was really just on top of the world. But I see all the photos and just can't help but wonder what it was like to go there with an allowance or just stand and stare at the glass of games and all the merch. What it was like when you couldn't fathom a SEGA or Atari.

What was the experience like for you if you had one of those still near you?

I didn't remember it being called "World of Nintendo," but I googled that to see what it was and found this picture:
wt2iga5q7uq01.jpg

And yes, my local Sears definitely had that.

What it was like when you couldn't fathom a SEGA or Atari.
Funny enough, they eventually got a similar display for Genesis, I remember picking out Sonic 2 and 3 from it, and my dad did the classic "you already have video games at home" thing, and then like a couple days before my birthday he came to my room and asked me for help fixing something on the tv that broke, and I went into the living room and found a Genesis with Sonic 2 and 3 sitting right there on the floor and he went "I was serious about needing your help, I dunno how to hook this up."

Back
Top Bottom