• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club dear famiboards have any of you ever made a god damned mistake

james

continued history of ill-mannered behavior
so i was in the local walmart gettin some groceries when what do i see sitting there on the shelf next to the regular oreos?

[
PXL_20240510_154528291.MP2.jpg

now i knew i was going to be seeing my nieces and nephew today so i figured "hey this is a great excuse to spend $5 on some bullshit" which, if i'm being completely honest, is total cope. i wanted to try them. i wanted to know. i needed to know

and now having fucked around and found out lemme tell you guys: it was a mistake. it was terrible. it had the distinct flavor of a sour patch kid candy but the texture of a a creamy oreo cookie. the taste and the mouthfeel was at complete odds with each other. wretched. terrible.

i couldnt even finish the whole cookie. the kids didn't like em either. i feel like i should set these on fire because id be worried about the bugs in a landfill having to deal with this garbge.

have you ever tried a novelty food item that you instantly regretted the moment you put it in your mouth?

Yeah I've had a similar experience

tOUWXwA.png

It wasnt pleasant, and I'll just pick any other treat instead ever since.

Hmm, I'm usually up to date on new Oreo flavor news, and I missed this being announced. I know about the space dunk ones, and the churro ones, but not these.

Yes.

Well, sorta.

I used to frequent pub trivia nights at a local pizzeria and they made these nifty little pepperoni pizza rolls, like half-sized cinnamon rolls except pizza. Really dang good. We'd get a bunch for the table and then wallop the room in trivia.

Well some of the group were beer drinkers so we had some beer around. I had a beer that was dark and coffee-ish in front of me and I made some sort of remark about how we had run out of ranch for dipping the pizza rolls in, guess I aughta use my beer.

Now just to be clear: I was joking. But some people at the table started going "EWWWW YOU WOULDN'T" which poked a button in my brain to go "wait.. would it be funny if I did?"

So I did.

yall. It was a mistake.

I initially clicked on this thread title, ready to commiserate in bipolar.

Which, I guess I still can, since I once bought 300 bucks in exotic fruit only to discover that I don't like custard apples.

...you don't live in Northern Virginia do you?
No why, is that a normal thing for them out there? I mean I know "pizza and beer" is a thing but literally dunking the pizza into the beer?

As a pepperoni-pizza-head I couldn't not check out these pepperoni pizza sunflower seeds, but... nah.
little-caesars-86021.png
more like sin-flower seeds amirite

HOT_DOG_WATER_RETOUCHED.jpg

heading over to 7/11 to try this
. . .

no wonder the planet wants to destroy us.

No why, is that a normal thing for them out there? I mean I know "pizza and beer" is a thing but literally dunking the pizza into the beer?
No, but there is a small local chain (I think like 3 locations?) that does the giant "cinnamon roll" style pizza roles, with housemade ranch, and I have never seen it anywhere else, and it's pretty amazing.

That's not a mistake, that part is genius. The beer thing, less so ;-)

No, but there is a small local chain (I think like 3 locations?) that does the giant "cinnamon roll" style pizza roles, with housemade ranch, and I have never seen it anywhere else, and it's pretty amazing.

That's not a mistake, that part is genius. The beer thing, less so ;-)
Oh giant pizza rolls sounds amazing holy cow

Also yeah the beer thing was very un-genius, I agree 🤣

Yes.

Well, sorta.

I used to frequent pub trivia nights at a local pizzeria and they made these nifty little pepperoni pizza rolls, like half-sized cinnamon rolls except pizza. Really dang good. We'd get a bunch for the table and then wallop the room in trivia.

Well some of the group were beer drinkers so we had some beer around. I had a beer that was dark and coffee-ish in front of me and I made some sort of remark about how we had run out of ranch for dipping the pizza rolls in, guess I aughta use my beer.

Now just to be clear: I was joking. But some people at the table started going "EWWWW YOU WOULDN'T" which poked a button in my brain to go "wait.. would it be funny if I did?"

So I did.

yall. It was a mistake.

i did something like this once, it was a mozzarellea stick into the beer. awful idea but i was so drunk it seemed like a good one
HYkl15y.jpeg

This "drink". I remember having a sip and just spit it out immediately

this is the only meme coke i didnt try cause i never found it. i actually thought the space coke slapped

I love every fucked up Oreo flavor I've tried except for Swedish Fish. The texture tasted and felt like swedish fish. Waxy.

Oh yes.

First was getting a free can of Coca Cola Energy Drink. I mean it was free, so no harm no fo-

OH GOD WHAT IS THIS VILE TASTE IN MY MOUTH MAKE IT STOP

And sorry American Fami, but that one time I was in the US, I tried a smaller bag of M&M's. I know, I know, we Europeans know our chocolate and its not much of a novelty, but I had a hankering for some chocolate and I tried some Hershy's which I did not like. So how bad can M&M's be, I mean you can't fudge up those right? I was wrong. Terribly wrong. It was bad, for a while I did not care for M&M's anymore. What the hell, how can you muck this? I know, different rules and all, but American chocolate is just a crime against humanity.

Last one; I'm a Dutchie, I love liqorice. But why, why why why, did they combine it with chocolate?

06032024_1709697308051_1709697315518_414260_POT_08714200218012_H1N1.png

It's chocolate on the outside, with a liqorice on the inside. Was it really icky? No. Is it a combination that needed to be explored? Absolutely fucking not.

iu

I bought this as a kid. And ate it.

my mother was staunchly against colored ketchup so we never bought this. i always just assumed it tasted like regular ketchup and the color was achieved via flavorless food colorings

If you ever come around to visit Switzerland to lose all your hard earned money, to spend a wonderful time in the alps and are a fan of novelty drinks, you should try Rivella:
rivella.jpg

It‘s a softdrink made out of partially Milk Serum/Milk Whey. It‘s the most popular Sofdrink over here.

There is a vegan version now which tastes better IMO, but regardless of the variant, it definitely has a very different kind of flavour to most Softdrinks.

Last edited:
A few months ago, my brother bought a pack of Space Dunk Oreos. I figured the novelty of putting pop rocks/popping/fizzing/candy (whatever you want to call it) would be worth a laugh so I tried one.

the combo of the pops and that fatty smooth Oreo cream was indescribable and unpleasant in my mouth. Like I guess I could see how someone else would enjoy it, but jfc not me

my bro claims he was not pranking me, but fami, I am unconvinced

I got Popeye's the other night and wanted to try a different dipping sauce from what I usually get, so I thought "Cajun Cocktail sounds interesting, I like Cajun."

I don't even know what to describe this shit as. Unwashed sauna-baked rectum. The cocktail is Cajun garbage paste + tang.

Wouldn't consider these a mistake, this is only tangential, but yesterday I saw the most stuf Oreos out in the wild for the first time ever. Had to buy them of course. They were extremely janky, the cookies were falling apart and you could see the distinct layers of filling that they just stacked on top of each other lol

most-stuf-oreo-1547761947.jpg

What WAS a mistake though... Went to the "museum" of ice cream in Chicago recently, and they got this nasty ass ice cream hotdog. Literally just ice cream on a regular hotdog bun, with regular hotdog toppings

IMG_6485.jpg

Wouldn't consider these a mistake, this is only tangential, but yesterday I saw the most stuf Oreos out in the wild for the first time ever. Had to buy them of course. They were extremely janky, the cookies were falling apart and you could see the distinct layers of filling that they just stacked on top of each other lol

most-stuf-oreo-1547761947.jpg

What WAS a mistake though... Went to the "museum" of ice cream in Chicago recently, and they got this nasty ass ice cream hotdog. Literally just ice cream on a regular hotdog bun, with regular hotdog toppings

IMG_6485.jpg
At least both of them are hilarious

I have never been more certain of anything in my life that relish and ice cream are not supposed to be paired together.

i would try it but the expectations would be real low

Back
Top Bottom