• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing in Disguise now available on PC with 30% launch discount

frog

Spin it, boys!

Just announced and released today for good hardware Steam, in case anyone here was holding out for a version with better performance.

this game is pretty bad. i wish i hadn't played it cuz it retroactively made the original worse for me.

edit: the trailer was kinda neat

The PC port of Deadly Premonition 1 was one of the most garbage game ever published.
The game worked only once for me. I saved, quit and when I came back on my PC to play, the exe would crash to desktop. Erasing the save, deleting all the config files, reinstalling the game : never worked. Unofficial fix ? Never worked.

The studio behind the port left just after the release and never worked on a patch, apparently their contract was done.

This pile of filth was never fixed and apparently it’s ok for the publisher.

Also, DP 2 is pretty transphobic and Sweary, despite claiming that he would fix the transphobic stuff, only changed one line and left the most problematic stuff in it, claiming that people would not silence him nor censor him (it was during that « glorious » time when the Ion Fury devs were proud of their homophobic joke ingame and transphobic stuff in their discord and they stated too that they won’t « censor » themselves nor be « silenced »).

Starts at 15:47

It's not great, but I enjoyed my time with the game. Some good ideas, but overall, it was just a mess. Game really needed way more time in the oven... And on the drawing board to during early development.

It still offers a pretty unique experience and narrative, i think i liked it more than most though. If you played and enjoyed the first one give it a try, id say

this game is pretty bad. i wish i hadn't played it cuz it retroactively made the original worse for me.
This is what I keep hearing, and it's what keeps driving me away. The first was a great enough experience, I don't think I need to retroactively make it worse. Let me enjoy Francis York Morgan in peace.

It's not like it's a plot I'm begging to revisit in the slightest.

This is what I keep hearing, and it's what keeps driving me away. The first was a great enough experience, I don't think I need to retroactively make it worse. Let me enjoy Francis York Morgan in peace.

It's not like it's a plot I'm begging to revisit in the slightest.
i can't really explain it well, but i'll just say the game does not respect what made the original so good. it does not respect the vibe, the story and the characters of the original.
if you loved the original i think maybe you'll get something out of experiencing the sequel, it's a long game so some parts may entertain you, but for me it was a colossal disappointment. right up to the ending i was like this can't be it, right? surely something is gonna happen to redeem this whole thing, right? but that never happened.

Everything I hear about this makes me glad I never returned to it after dropping it a half hour in to “wait for the patch” lol—I do think there was potential for a good sequel to exist, but the original was such a perfect, flash-in-the-pan thing that I don’t mind if that’s all I ever experience of that story & characters. From what I’ve heard hear and there, I think Swery didn’t have nearly as much oversight on this one as even he was claiming to have had, for whatever that's worth

I'm curious if The Good Life was any good, if anyone here played that one—I've been out of the loop for awhile and never heard much about it when it came out, but the premise sounded sweet

Back
Top Bottom