• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Daemon X Machina: Titanic Scion announced

Marvelous Game Showcase PR details
Just announced at the end of the Marvelous showcase that just aired. Only a short CG teaser; no gameplay, release window or platforms given.

image.png

image.png

EDIT: PR Summary -
DAEMON X MACHINA: Titanic Scion: Marvelous' First Studio and visionary producer Kenichiro Tsukuda are back with an all-new entry in the third-person mech shooter series. Fans can look forward to the return of unforgettable Arsenal action, with more details about this anticipated sequel becoming available at a later date.

Other games featured the showcase included:
  • Fashion Dreamer (still aiming for a 2023 release)
Fashion Dreamer: syn Sophia President and CEO Shuji Yoshida joined Sato-san to share a new look at the upcoming fashion influencer game debuting on the Nintendo Switch™ system in North America this year. In addition to showing off some new fashions, Yoshida-san revealed early details on the social elements that will be central to the game’s experience. Built around the theme of “Sharing and Playing Together”, Fashion Dreamer focuses on creativity and connectivity, driving positive social interactions with an eye towards free expression.
  • Project MAGIA (new title featuring character designs by Hiro Mashima; Fairy Tail mangaka)
PROJECT MAGIA: Managing Producer Takehiro Ishida revealed the first details of this upcoming project, built around the theme of “A New Frontier”. The development team has partnered with legendary illustrator and writer Hiro Mashima (Fairy Tail) to design the game's characters, sharing a look at a few of the early designs. More details will be revealed at a later date as the development team works to brave this new frontier for Marvelous!
  • Project LIFE is RPG (new RPG title)
PROJECT LIFE is RPG: Harkening back to influential RPGs from Japanese developers over the years, PROJECT LIFE is RPG is a brand-new IP from Marvelous. Director Ittetsu Suzuki joined to share some of the team's inspirations behind this new title, built around the theme of “Life” and all the ways it resembles an RPG. With the goal of building an original title all RPG fans will love, the team is working to capture the “feeling of anticipation” just before every great adventure.
  • Two new Story of Seasons projects (traditional sequel and multiplayer title)
STORY OF SEASONS: With a central theme of “Experiences”, Series Manager Hikaru Nakano revealed the first footage of the next title in the original farm/life simulation series, highlighting a fresh look after 27 years of farming and friendship. Nakano-san also shared exciting news and the first concept images for a separate, future entry in development, which is planned to bring STORY OF SEASONS fans together with an ambitious new title where you can play with everyone!
  • Two new Rune Factory projects (Rune Factory: Project Dragon and Rune Factory 6)
Rune Factory: Series Director Shiro Maekawa joined Sato-san to reveal the first footage of a new spinoff in the Rune Factory series, PROJECT DRAGON. Building upon the central theme of “East and West”, PROJECT DRAGON is set in the “Land of the East,” which has long been referenced but never shown in the series, where Earthmates will explore new lands and communities with Japanese-styled design influences. Additionally, Maekawa-san confirmed that Rune Factory 6 is also in development and will take place in the western continent of Adonea, with both upcoming titles representing the East and West.

Oh sh*t! I loved the first one, it was easily the Switch's hidden gem of 2019 (I actually liked it more than Astral Chain).

Don't know if reviewers will be kinder for this considering how they rated the last one (they seem to hate the genre for some reason) but I don't care, I'm all for it!

I'm shocked this was announced out of nowhere. So the first game did enough to greenlight a sequel. I'm looking forward to it! Can't wait to see gameplay.

I'm shocked this was announced out of nowhere. So the first game did enough to greenlight a sequel.

They've been teasing the sequel for a few years now, so it existing isn't a surprise. Was anticipating it'd be here since we were approaching two years since this comment:

All I know about Daemon X Machina is a spoiler for a totally different game that I can't mention because that alone is a spoiler.

IYKYK

Wow, finally they officially announce the sequel.

It's going to be interesting with both Armored Core 6 and DxM 2 out within a year or so (maybe).

I should play Daemon x Machina

I forgot they were working on a sequel for this game. I enjoyed the first game well enough though I did get a bit burnt out by the end. Definitely interested in checking this out though.

Thats cool, I still need to check out the first game.

That Rune Factory Project Dragon looks pretty interesting I might actually pick it up despite never playing the mainline games.

I am also curious about Project Life and Magia, I can't wait to see more.

Huh. Wasn't expecting this. Was the final game better than the demo? I remember feeling like the demo was on the messier side of things.

I remember feeling like the demo was on the messier side of things
The final game is definitely tighter than the demo, the devs really took the feedback into account.

Man oh man, we're getting this and Armored Core. Happy time to be a mech fan.

I ended up sinking an amazing amount of hours into the first one without even meaning to. Likely picking this one up whenever it happens.

The original was a pretty good game with an amazing OST, so I really hope that the new game will be even better in this regard.

Last edited:
Yeah the original was good and some of the missions, like stoping asteroids from damaging some towers were very good. Also some of the weapon combos you could make were crazy. And of course the character customziation let you made some creative choices

Oooh, gimme. Sounds like it's too far away but that's ok, I'll wait. Wonder what kind of crazy collabs this one will have? Crazier than Geralt of Rivia?

Daemon x Machina was one of those games that I meant to attempt to get around to at some point, preferably when I could get a cheaper copy and somehow had more spare time. Wasn't sure if I was keen enough on the demo or genre to give it a go at full price, and it came out in the middle of a rush of games I loved (Astral Chain! Link's Awakening! Dragon Quest XI! Luigi's Mansion 3! 2019 was ace).

Nice to know the sequel is still happening and is an official thing now.

A stream is about to start in just a few minutes. Doubt it’ll have anything new though.

EDIT: There wasn't much to the stream. They thanked fans for the response to the announcement, confirmed that the comments in the past anniversary streams were intentional teases, and promise that they will have more to show the next time they talk about the game.

Last edited:
Excited for this. The original had the foundation for an excellent game, and I'm hoping they'll have a chance to make good on that this time around.

AC6, DxMTS, Front Mission 2 remake, Mech Warrior 6 sometime next year...all I really need is a new (and good!) Gundam Breaker 4, and I'd be all set as far as mecha needs are concerned.

Pour one out for Custom Robo.

Oh sh*t! I loved the first one, it was easily the Switch's hidden gem of 2019 (I actually liked it more than Astral Chain).

Someone said that it was a mecha game for people who didn't want to get bogged down in some of the heavy sim leanings that these types of games go in for.

Back
Top Bottom