• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Crystar coming to Nintendo Switch, according to Amazon Japan

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
41-vyVDG+PL._AC_.jpg

The listing.

Not just a basic re-release, either! The description says it includes all of the previously released cosmetic DLC.
  • 【Nintendo Switch版 追加要素】PlayStation(R)4版で有料追加コンテンツとして配信されたダウンロードコンテンツを含めた、全30点が本編に同梱。「水着」「サンタ」「公式4コマ漫画コスチューム」等キャラクターたちの特別衣装を楽しめます。

For those of you who haven't experienced this masterpiece, it's an action RPG written by Naoki Hisaya (Kanon, Sola.) and featuring an incredible soundtrack from Sakuzyo.

The western release was localized by Spike Chunsoft, but you probably didn't hear about it because they wasted all of their marketing money that year on something else.

You might, at least. recognize some of the designs from that Shin Megami Tensei spiritual successor, Monark. As it got some crossover DLC referencing the game.

(see that dog? you can pet him in Crystar.)

Very nice of FuRyu to bring back catalog to Switch. Don't know much about Crystar other than it being a great looking slasher. Will definitely buy if SC brings this version too.

Getting this just for the soundtrack alone, I love Sakuzyo.

Officially confirmed, now being published by NISA in the west.

NISA was previously confirmed to be bringing Monark over, so it's not surprising to see them taking over. Steam release is still listed as being published by Spike Chunsoft, but i'd imagine it'll be moved over in a few months.

crystar_storele_full__esrb_white.jpg

It's getting a proper CE now, something SC also never bothered with.
Though personally, i would have liked to see a proper Vinyl release of the soundtrack included. Rather than the sampler CD it currently has.

Back
Top Bottom