• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Crisis Core –Final Fantasy VII– Reunion announced, coming to PC and consoles on December 13th (UPDATE: launch trailer, see threadmarks)

I’m surprised remake still isn’t coming to Xbox. Don’t know why SE will continue to keep it off it.

Or maybe it’s Sony.

Anyhow. Seems pointless

Holy moly Square is going hard CC remake this winter 16 next summer and Remake 2 next winter and as long as 14 follows schedule of expansion every 2 years next year will be insane .

"Begun the Snitch Hunt has........" Nintendo probably because of the direct thats soon to happen.

Pretty crazy that someone leaks so many things right before they happen.

The announcement is cool I guess. Never played it. More Switch games are always welcome tho.

At least THIS is on Switch unlike certain other games that have been a hot topic this past week. :p

Super excited to play on Switch. Wonder what team is on it.

Well this presentation confirmed to me what I've basically already known: FF7 is a good game but all this extended universe stuff is decidedly not for me. I do hope the projects they showed turn out well, though.

Crisis Core is interesting in how Zack's character could have only existed as he did during the time that game was developed. Kingdom Hearts II came out in 2005 and Crisis Core came out in 2007. The team had a lot of freedom to make Zack however they wanted him as he didn't have much of a personality in FFVII, and with Kingdom Hearts II being the newest and biggest hotness, Zack came out a lot like Sora. If Crisis Core had been made during any other time period, Zack would have a completely different personality. But it wasn't made during a different time period, and what we got was a Sora-fied Zack. I'm not saying if that's good or bad, I'm just saying that it's interesting and obvious when playing the game.

Gotta hand it to SE, their lineup for the next years look very PS1-era in that they have almost one big release per year.

The CC remake looks so good!

Lmfao wonder how big of a mess this will be on switch. 540p 20fps with some ps1 textures.
I kinda can see some sacrifices im definitely going steam for this as im sure it'll work on steamdeck since they actually seen to acknowledge the device.

When I saw the visual fidelity I immediately knew it would be on Switch, which is good news.

So, will this be set in the Remake/Rebirth universe, or the old universe? (I have not played the original FF7)

I'm genuinely shocked. I thought it was going to be a simple remaster but it's a remake and on Switch? It looks good lol.

But for some reason, I can't get excited for FF. They don't really appeal to me despite loving Jrpgs.

So, will this be set in the Remake/Rebirth universe, or the old universe? (I have not played the original FF7)
Probably both/either? If I remember Remake's plot right things don't start changing until FF7 proper starts, Crisis Core's events should be the same in both universes.

(Assuming they don't try to add new stuff to tie it in with the Remake of course, which I can totally see Square doing.)

I hope not lol but who knows after KH. If this is native on Switch and runs fine it's gonna make that decision look even sillier.

Why? This is still the PSP game with just updated models and textures. Switch can easily run it, even at 60 fps.

this is no where near the level of needing a cloud game. this clearly isn't that high budget. running on Switch won't be a problem

After Kingdoms Hearts I don’t trust square atm :p

Cloud is already in the game, so there's no need to make a separate version to include him. ;)

haha 😂

In Southeast Asia, most definitely. I hope you like shopping from Play-asia
Not particularly. It does look like a big enough effort to get a retail release WW to me, but with Square you never know.

It’s more like a middle ground with a remake and a remaster. New models and assets, but looks like from the PS3 gen. No reason it should not run well on Switch. Kinda like Wind Waker HD in a way.

It’s more like a middle ground with a remake and a remaster. New models and assets, but looks like from the PS3 gen. No reason it should not run well on Switch. Kinda like Wind Waker HD in a way.
Yeah, I'm getting GTA Trilogy vibes from this. Everything feels like the PSP game but new and shiny models and textures...

The best game in the FF VII saga finally isn't trapped on the PSP anymore and it looks good!

The only negative is Zack's new voice, but I'll get used tp it.

Best announcement of non-e3 so far!

This doesn't look better than your average PS3 game. It would be crazy if it runs poorly on the Switch.

I’m surprised remake still isn’t coming to Xbox. Don’t know why SE will continue to keep it off it.

Or maybe it’s Sony.

Anyhow. Seems pointless
I was hopeful but now it pretty much seems Sony has this on lock at least until the trilogy is complete

Nice to see. It's a native port as they would have likely mentioned otherwise . Graphically it looks less hungry than the Remake which makes sense. Seems to be a remaster level with redone textures and models probably with small other changes as well.

Nice to see it get out of the PSP.

Back
Top Bottom