• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

News Crisis Core –Final Fantasy VII– Reunion announced for PC and consoles, coming this winter

Vito

Piranha Plant
It's a mockup. Notice how logo's background is still there and no SE and rating logos.

Preorders haven't been opened elsewhere and this particular retailer opened unofficial preorders. We still don't know if there'll be a physical version.
:(

Yazmat

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
On one hand, it's cool that CC can be played on modern platforms. On the other, I really have many problems with the original: leveling is tied to DMW, 200 mission (90% of them aren't really fun to be honest, also a lot of good equipment is locked behind them), in order to avoid unnecessary random encounters you literally need to glue yourself to the walls, the ending (which is beloved by many) doesn't do much for me (I liked that scene more in the original).

ILikeFeet

Manakete
On one hand, it's cool that CC can be played on modern platforms. On the other, I really have many problems with the original: leveling is tied to DMW, 200 mission (90% of them aren't really fun to be honest, also a lot of good equipment is locked behind them), in order to avoid unnecessary random encounters you literally need to glue yourself to the walls, the ending (which is beloved by many) doesn't do much for me (I liked that scene more in the original).
a lot of that is most likely changed. the japanese site hints at there being bigger changes as well

Tailzo

Bob-omb
Why are there so much negativity here? The game was great on psp, it will be even better for switch. There you have it :)

Sadist

Mad Titan
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Why are there so much negativity here? The game was great on psp, it will be even better for switch. There you have it :)
Looking into the comments, it seems that some people weren’t too happy with some story elements and the VA’s.

Have to admit, I will play Crisis Core, but the VA… it’s one of the few things I dislike about S-E and their games in general. Script and VA wise it’s always bottom of the barrel. In the FF VIIR, some VA was really rough.

LoneRanger

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He/Him
Don’t like VA? Play the game in japanese, its the way developers think of it and used it in mind when they write the script.

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
Any
If I pick this up down the road (definitely not paying full price for Crisis Core of all things) i’ll definitely be switching to Japanese voices since Zack’s English VA after Remake is one of those Hillsong Church loons.

Believe Mushrooms

Fungus truster
Pronouns
She/Her
If I pick this up down the road (definitely not paying full price for Crisis Core of all things) i’ll definitely be switching to Japanese voices since Zack’s English VA after Remake is one of those Hillsong Church loons.
Damn, really? Where did you see this?

Top Bottom