• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Crisis Core –Final Fantasy VII– Reunion announced, coming to PC and consoles on December 13th (UPDATE: launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Was there any case where Nintendo uploaded screenshots of non Switch version of a multiplat game in their site? I'd take these as baseline how the Switch version will look.

If there are any visual compromises I also wouldn't expect to be shared in the very few first screenshots either way
yes. cloudpunk is a recent notorious example

Was there any case where Nintendo uploaded screenshots of non Switch version of a multiplat game in their site? I'd take these as baseline how the Switch version will look.

If there are any visual compromises I also wouldn't expect to be shared in the very few first screenshots either way
Yeah, lots. Most recently Wreckfest had PS4 screens before gameplay of Switch version debuted. Then they changed the screens.

can't believe people are doomposting about a psp remaster on switch.
Seriously, I thought we left that nonsense behind with Era. C'mon people, this game may have some updates to the battle system and a new paint job but it's still a PSP game underneath.

Anyway I haven't played this since it released back in '07 so I'm excited to give it a replay.

yes. cloudpunk is a recent notorious example

Yeah, lots. Most recently Wreckfest had PS4 screens before gameplay of Switch version debuted. Then they changed the screens.
Wasn't familiar with neither examples; well, I guess for the sake of skepticism better wait for the eShop page at very least; I doubt Square will show footage of the Switch version before release anyway.

Trolling or Ignorance? What are you even talking about? There are graphical much more advanced games running perfectly on Switch.
This phrase can be turned into a copypasta im absolutely sure.

Yes, yes we have. From Nintendo. The switch's third party output has its ups and downs.

"WHAT DO ANGELS DREAM OF?!!!"

Despite the cheesey lines I have a lot of fondness for this game, will be keen to get it on Switch if it runs OK.

Damn it looks SO GREAT!! Those particles are just stunning! Also I think I'll really dig the combat. I'll definitely pick it up for the Switch!

4t9y.jpg

holy shit
theyre-the-same-picture-the-office.gif

Gotta hand it to SE, their lineup for the next years look very PS1-era in that they have almost one big release per year.

The CC remake looks so good!

Eh. I mean this is a PSP remaster. A well-done one, but a PSP remaster nonetheless. Its PS1 equivalent would have been something like Final Fantasy Origins, another remake of a two-generation-old game(s) on much weaker hardware, which was not touted as a big release.

But then the tradeoff is that "big releases" now are a lot harder and more resource intensive to make, so I wouldn't really expect them to go back to PS1 era.

Looks awesome.

I still wonder why people doubt Switch ports after the Witcher. It's evident that if it's the right people for the job, it's possible to bend a lot of games into a playable state.

This is a beefed-up PSP game. No reason to worry.

I really enjoyed the psp game. It was also visually stunning for a portable game back then. Glad I will be able to replay it on Switch.

Much more ambitious than I ever expected, gotta wonder how the Switch version will run.. hopefully it's native.

After watching the trailer again while fully awake, yeah Switch should definitately be able to pull this is off at native both in handheld and in tv-mode.
I think I was mislead a bit by the characters :p

Do we know if this will get a retail release?

I dont think they've mentioned anything yet, but at the very least this is going to get a release in Jpn/Asia like basically all other Square Enix games.. A western release though, who knows! But I'd bet on yes honestly.

After watching the trailer again while fully awake, yeah Switch should definitately be able to pull this is off at native both in handheld and in tv-mode.
I think I was mislead a bit by the characters :p

I dont think they've mentioned anything yet, but at the very least this is going to get a release in Jpn/Asia like basically all other Square Enix games.. A western release though, who knows! But I'd bet on yes honestly.
Yeah, I was too tired to check last night, but I could not find any info on it this morning, either. Still a while to go until winter, we'll see.

I am guessing this will have a slightly altered ending or even a outright alternate ending to link it to FF7 Remake.
Until the game comes out its hard to say. So far, it's an exact, shot for shot remake. They even seem to be reusing many original animations.

Oh shit a PSP game on the Switch, ATLUS told me it was impossible!

Why is there so much hate on something we have hardly see? Wait until we see the actual game. And even then, buy on the console you prefer, nobody forces anybody to buy something they don't want.
----------
I'm glad it is coming to switch, I really liked the action focused combat on the remake, and it looks like this one is taking advantage of the same system. I know it's a remake, the combat seems more similar to the ff7r. Hopefully it'll be a physical release 😌
Yeah the hate is weird, all we've seen is pretty much the same game but with really nice new models and textures on the level of grpahics you would expect from a Switch game.

FF7R was really good in bringing the original games art direction to HD and seeing that applied here is really nice.

Actually the original game was also an Action RPG and had pretty much the same UI, just that it's more stylized after the remake now.
They seem to use the same animations for everything as in the original although I'm unsure if the battles don't look more fluid now.
Was always a bit weirded out by the roulette limit attack system the game has.

This is a full temake, I played tge psp gane and it didn’t look like this. I see they kept the slot battle system. Hmmm

it's a PSP game come the fuck on now
It's not a direct port of a PSP game. They even had comparison shots showing there was still work done on character models and backgrounds.

Even then, a lot of the touch ups to the models and textures don't have to be so demanding Switch can't run it.
The game was originally portable, after all.

It’s always the same discussion when it comes to Switch ports, it will depend on how good of a job the port makers did with it (or were allowed budget-wise). Until we see Switch gameplay footage doesn’t make sense to judge how it will run/look

Looks great. The VA is a bit... ehhhhhhh.

Never played the PSP version so will doubtless pick this up.

Maybe with this release they’ll fix the OST on iTunes so it’s not a “partial album” that requires selling your first born to be able to afford all the tracks individually

I think the story will remain intact, especially the ending but we could expect a post-credit scene to tie everything together and tease Rebirth

I’m actually very worried this will branch off and become a different game lol

I’m fine with it for Remake, but I actually have been wanting to play crisis core so this is a good opportunity. I don’t want it to be something that’s a separate beast from the original to the point where it doesn’t count as playing the original.

Some how, some way, I didn’t play Final Fantasy VII until 2019. Then I played the Remake, so…I guess I should play Crisis Core too! The scenes in those tweets leads me to believe it’ll be up my alley 😂

A friend of mine really loved this back in the day, so hopefully I'll get it. But I do have VIII Remastered, IX, X, and X-2 in my Switch Pile of Shame. If the Pixel Remasters come this year too, then hoo boy. That's a lot if RPGs.

(I have played VIII and IX in the past, as well as the first six, but never X, X-2, or Crisis Core)

I appreciate it being so much closer to the original box art (unlike FFVIIR, which strayed away too much); and with a Switch version, you'll even have a similar sized case to compare!
003_1694945625.jpg
64153_front.jpg
It's a mockup. Notice how logo's background is still there and no SE and rating logos.

Preorders haven't been opened elsewhere and this particular retailer opened unofficial preorders. We still don't know if there'll be a physical version.

It's a mockup. Notice how logo's background is still there and no SE and rating logos.

Preorders haven't been opened elsewhere and this particular retailer opened unofficial preorders. We still don't know if there'll be a physical version.
Ah bummer.. still, hope the actual cover is something closer to this ^^'

Back
Top Bottom