• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Crisis Core –Final Fantasy VII– Reunion announced, coming to PC and consoles on December 13th (UPDATE: launch trailer, see threadmarks)

I think the point he’s making is that it will be graphically downgraded on the switch
I get the point.

I’m saying maybe visit the optometrist.

This isn’t anything the Switch can’t run well enough.

This looks like a game that was made as a Switch exclusive then square were just like "eh, release it on everything I suppose"
it'll be 1080p on Switch no doubt, maybe even 60fps.

Damn that's awesome. I've literally been hunting down a PSP to play a version of Crisis Core I bought off eBay. Guess I don't have to do that anymore!

Final Fantasy is really funny in that next year, Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2, and Final Fantasy 7 Ever Crisis are likely coming out, but it all works. I get people think it's a little heavy on FF7, but it really is its own brand. Very stoked for all of this!

Sony got a an incredible exclusivity deal on the Remake trilogy out the gate. This isn't part of the Remake trilogy though, so it's coming everywhere; simple.

Wonder if Ever Crisis will get console ports years down the line when all of the content is out.

Lmfao wonder how big of a mess this will be on switch. 540p 20fps with some ps1 textures.
You think a Switch port of a PSP remaster will run at the same resolution as the PSP's screen?

Some of the concerns here have my head spinning.

You think a Switch port of a PSP remaster will run at the same resolution as the PSP's screen?

Some of the concerns here have my head spinning.
ok the psp's resolution was like 240 or 270p i think not 540p. And also no it will run even worse than the psp game.

Ok for the matter i did look at the video in my phone. I looked at it in a computer now and it doesnt looks as impressive, but its still getting some downgrades there and here im sure. And i still have doubts its going to be running at 1080p.

Aside from a few posts, I can’t imagine this game not running natively on the system. I’m guessing they showed the best looking version (PS5 or PC) which will make the look pretty crisp, but overall it will be a game that’s going to perform well everywhere

Not sure this is just a simple remaster, at the very least I don't remember Zack moving that fast during combat in the original.

ok the psp's resolution was like 240 or 270p i think not 540p. And also no it will run even worse than the psp game.

Ok for the matter i did look at the video in my phone. I looked at it in a computer now and it doesnt looks as impressive, but its still getting some downgrades there and here im sure. And i still have doubts its going to be running at 1080p.
Alright I confused it with the Vita's resolution, that doesn't change my outlook. I realize that nothing I can say will change anyone's pessimism though. ¯\(ツ)

b70u.jpg

5hsk.jpg

Then play it on whatever you want instead of shitposting like you do 99% of the time whenever the Switch gets a port ? Always the same exact thing « 540p, 20 FPS, blurry shit, input lag » etc.

You know what ? It will run as good as the game’s writing is awful. So it will run amazingly well.

Enjoy Genesis and Loveless, people who never played Crisis Core.

Also this is perfect opportunity to have some functionality for Cloud and upcoming Sephiroth amiibos. I don't know, maybe skins or something?

this looks to be reusing the FF7R assets, like Ever Crisis and First Soldier are. SE is definitely getting their money's worth.

this is probably on UE4 as well

It looks amazing but also… odd? Like you can still see the bones of a psp game under it so it gives me vibes of those fake YouTube remake trailers that overlay HD graphics over original games

This game is a 1:1 remake like Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk game (and even Xeno 1) from original PSP version with QoL improvements.

Curious fact; Nomura in year 2007 released 2 titles; Crisis Core FFVII for PSP and TWEWY for NDS. Now Switch is getting a 1:1 remake from the first title and a sequel of the second one.

I know that there are a lot of… mixed opinions on the game, but it really is nice to see it no longer stuck on PSP. Curious to see how much has changed from the original.

This game is a 1:1 remake like Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk game (and even Xeno 1) from original PSP version with QoL improvements.

Curious fact; Nomura in year 2007 released 2 titles; Crisis Core FFVII for PSP and TWEWY for NDS. Now Switch is getting a 1:1 remake from the first title and a sequel of the second one.
In addition, switch got a Final Mix of TWEWY

Looks great! I don’t know how it will run on Switch… I‘d love to have it on Switch, but my heart tells me I’ll most likely be playing this on PS5.

a shitty remaster outsourced to a 3rd rate shitty remaster team
SE can make a bad port, just like the team SEGA contracted team did. I dislike acting like Switch ports will always run badly before seeing them but sometimes some devs just dont care about Switch ports

Well this presentation confirmed to me what I've basically already known: FF7 is a good game but all this extended universe stuff is decidedly not for me. I do hope the projects they showed turn out well, though.
Yep, the original FF7 is a good self contained game with a massive extended universe that I really have no interest in, meta contextual remake included.

Couple of screenshoots of the Switch version I’d imagine here

No button prompts to say for sure, but hey, now its confirmed that it's not cloud based.

No button prompts to say for sure, but hey, now its confirmed that it's not cloud based.
Was there any case where Nintendo uploaded screenshots of non Switch version of a multiplat game in their site? I'd take these as baseline how the Switch version will look.

If there are any visual compromises I also wouldn't expect to be shared in the very few first screenshots either way

I think these are exactly the same pictures as on the official website

Good to hear Gackt reprising his role as Genesis. The voice work must have been finished long before his health issues came up.

Was there any case where Nintendo uploaded screenshots of non Switch version of a multiplat game in their site? I'd take these as baseline how the Switch version will look.

If there are any visual compromises I also wouldn't expect to be shared in the very few first screenshots either way
pretty much this. People talk about bullshots but i always got curious about it.

Why is there so much hate on something we have hardly see? Wait until we see the actual game. And even then, buy on the console you prefer, nobody forces anybody to buy something they don't want.
----------
I'm glad it is coming to switch, I really liked the action focused combat on the remake, and it looks like this one is taking advantage of the same system. I know it's a remake, the combat seems more similar to the ff7r. Hopefully it'll be a physical release 😌

I don't think getting this to run on Switch is all that impossible. Should be fine (if they didn't half-ass it).
Trolling or Ignorance? What are you even talking about? There are graphical much more advanced games running perfectly on Switch.

This is pretty neat. Always a bit skeptical about Final Fantasy games that build off a mainline entry story wise, but I’m all in for the wild ride that is the FF VII Remake project.

Back
Top Bottom