• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Cried myself to sleep because of my height

Your height

• Under 5’5

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 5’6

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 5’7

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • 5’8

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • 5’9

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • 5’10

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • 5’11

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • 6’0

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • 6’1

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • 6’2

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Over 6’3

Votes: 15 9.4%

• Total voters
you can make fun I wanna see what you would’ve said
No, I worded that wrong. Sorry, I am not a native speaker.

It is just that your worries sound really unfounded (presumably even more for people with way below average height) - but it sucks if it gives you sleepless nights.
I wish you that you can accept your body like it is.

I'm like 5'6 and pretty happy with it. I do feel like I'm from a different dimension though sometimes when I see other guys much taller than me who also look a lot older than me even though we're the same age.

5'11 - was the tallest person in the last place I worked in my department, went on a trip to Toronto and felt small. Canadians are seriously tall, fucking hell.

5'9

Doesn't really bother me too much, but I do wish I was shorter. Like 5'6 maybe.

I'm 6'2 and I don't think about it too much but honestly being tall isn't all that great all the time. It's really difficult to be tall and have good posture, my posture is shit. My body isn't very coordinated, I can't dance and I'm not good at sports because I'm too big. It's also absolutely awful in planes or bus trips, those seats aren't made for bigger people at all.

It also feels weird and not very fulfilling when I'm little spoon.

I would exchange quite a bit of my height for having a faster metabolism and a lean body, and not having to fight my weight my whole life. I feel like no clothes ever look good on me, and if I dress anything other than basic I look like a clown that draw all the attention in the room because I'm this huge person with flashy clothes and that just looks dumb.

Basically everyone feels miserable about something and no one's really happy about how they look.

I'm 6'3 and I absolutely hate it. I would gladly give you some of my height if I could just not stand out in a crowd. My personality type does not mesh with my height as I'm an introvert who wants to live a quiet life but I look pretty intimidating and stand out a lot.

I'm 6'3 and I absolutely hate it. I would gladly give you some of my height if I could just not stand out in a crowd. My personality type does not mesh with my height as I'm an introvert who wants to live a quiet life but I look pretty intimidating and stand out a lot.
The great Douglas Adams: “I have always been absurdly, ridiculously tall. To give you an idea- when we went on school trips to Interesting and Improving Places, the form-master wouldn't say "Meet under the clock tower," or "Meet under the War Memorial," but "Meet under Adams.”

He was six foot at age 12.

The great Douglas Adams: “I have always been absurdly, ridiculously tall. To give you an idea- when we went on school trips to Interesting and Improving Places, the form-master wouldn't say "Meet under the clock tower," or "Meet under the War Memorial," but "Meet under Adams.”

He was six foot at age 12.
I have always been tall. It's a nightmare for me personally.

Anyone else here relate to this problem? Sometimes it just bottles up and the best way to deal with it is just to cry it out.

I’m getting over it though I guess
OP, I hope you come to terms with your height. Life deals you cards that you have to play. My dad was 3 1/2 inches taller than me. My brother has his height and I don’t. I was younger always wondering why I wasn’t taller. As I grew I was able to love myself and my height. I hope the same for you.

OP, I hope you come to terms with your height. Life deals you cards that you have to play. My dad was 3 1/2 inches taller than me. My brother has his height and I don’t. I was younger always wondering why I wasn’t taller. As I grew I was able to love myself and my height. I hope the same for you.
My father is 5 Inchs taller then me

I was overtired mostly and also the title gets more clicks but is also true

Okay this is a weird thread now…
Being 6’ is not really something to complain about when so many men are under 5’6”.

This is like a skinny person making a thread and saying they cried about feeling too fat. Maybe you have body dismorphia?

Maybe update your OP to include that you are 6’? Because this topic isn’t about being short anymore it’s about mental health or something.

Maybe update your OP to include that you are 6’? Because this topic isn’t about being short anymore it’s about mental health or something.
Being short isn't even about being short. It's about masculinity.

Edit: Sounds like a cliche, but let's be real. Talking about your dad. Comparing inches like you're dick measuring. Etc etc. Might as well say it bluntly.

Maybe this would be more appropriate for a therapist than a gaming forum

Okay this is a weird thread now…
Being 6’ is not really something to complain about when so many men are under 5’6”.

This is like a skinny person making a thread and saying they cried about feeling too fat. Maybe you have body dismorphia?

Your right I think

I am 1.75, so I guess 5'9?
When I was at school I was considered medium height. Today every single 18 year old is like a giant next to me. Why is the new generation so tall?
Anyway I do feel short, but at the same time I think that if I was 18 today I would considered suuuuper short.

5'6. Every woman I've been in a serious relationship has been taller than me, the longest being with a woman who was 6' lol.

Back
Top Bottom