• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Cried myself to sleep because of my height

Your height

• Under 5’5

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 5’6

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 5’7

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • 5’8

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • 5’9

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • 5’10

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • 5’11

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • 6’0

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • 6’1

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • 6’2

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Over 6’3

Votes: 15 9.4%

• Total voters

MorganJones

Superhero
Pronouns
He/Him
Anyone else here relate to this problem? Sometimes it just bottles up and the best way to deal with it is just to cry it out.

I’m getting over it though I guess

I think it really depends on the country. Its not the same at United Stated or Netherlands rather than Italy or Bolivia.

I wanna see how honestly people are claiming there height tbh in the end it should look like a normal distribution graph
You have to account for people who come from all sorts of different countries and places where height is known to vary wildly. The data from this poll is not really going to resemble an actual study.

But maybe I'm not one to talk because I'm the tallest person in this thread so far

Really the biggest issue I have is that everything tends to be just slightly out of my height and then I can never find pants that are length that fit me.

You have to account for people who come from all sorts of different countries and places where height is known to vary wildly. The data from this poll is not really going to resemble an actual study.

But maybe I'm not one to talk because I'm the tallest person in this thread so far
How do you know I’m not a giant and live with giants I haven’t voted yet

I'm 5'3", but it's definitely different being that height in mainland Europe than it is in, say, the US.

And in my experience it's also way easier to be short if you're not a straight man (or to be tall if you're not a straight girl).

Really the biggest issue I have is that everything tends to be just slightly out of my height and then I can never find pants that are length that fit me.
Yeah I have this same issue, somehow the pant lengths are always too long regardless of whether I check the men's or the women's section, I always have to roll them up :'(

I'm 5'3", but it's definitely different being that height in mainland Europe than it is in, say, the US.

And in my experience it's also way easier to be short if you're not a straight man (or to be tall if you're not a straight girl).

Yeah I have this same issue, somehow the pant lengths are always too long regardless of whether I check the men's or the women's section, I always have to roll them up :'(
It’s easier to hem a pant leg then to not have the material there at all, at least you have that going for you

It’s easier to hem a pant leg then to not have the material there at all, at least you have that going for you
Yeah, I also get to not hit my head on door frames, but in exchange I need help reaching for the top shelf at the supermarket. At least some stranger will often take pity on me and help.

I wish I were either smaller or bigger, as it stands I'm kinda the worst height

but I tend to think in terms of the fact that it doesn't inhibit my health, mobility, or the essentials of my life. the problems of being the wrong size are pretty minor in a modern society

I wish I were either smaller or bigger, as it stands I'm kinda the worst height

but I tend to think in terms of the fact that it doesn't inhibit my health, mobility, or the essentials of my life. the problems of being the wrong size are pretty minor in a modern society
How tall are you? Why would you wanna be shorter?

No, I am 5’ 11”. Taller than average but not so tall that it’s an inconvenience. North America was made for me.

I'm 5'9", but I'm the shortest male member of my family by a large margin.

I went to japan a few years back, and suddenly, I was the tallest person in the room at all times. I injured myself going to the bathroom in our airbnb for the first time because my head went through the ceiling.

A few years before I was in the emergency aisle on an airplane, beside an Olympic basketball player. A charming enough young man, very charismatic, but he had nearly a foot on me and the way he described his relationships with women was so alien to me. It turned a little bit into a mentor moment over the flight - his father was an executive at a South African telecom, he'd been rich, tall and athletic his whole life, but had never had anyone tell him the truth.

I realize that I'm average height, after a few years of dealing with feeling like a short person because of my family. Judging people in anyway for their bodies is so naturally dumb, but having been placed in situations where I was suddenly tall in every social interaction - or short for that matter - and realizing none of this matters.

What you're crying about isn't that you're short. It's that people, in small ways and in big ways, in obvious ways and in subtle ways, make you feel like shit about it. I can't stop them from doing that, but I can tell you that they're wrong. And that, if you're not from Japan, maybe go there?

I’d say genetics matter a lot more then nutrition
They do, but general environment and nutrition still plays a big role. It's why you often see middle class and upper class families with kids that are taller than their parents, since they often had a better lifestyle growing up.

5"5 here, but a lot of Scottish people are short so it's a different experience here, my height has never been something I think about. I'm tallest in my family for example lol sorry that it bothers you OP :( you gotta love yourself!

Forget anybody who gives you a hard time about your height. It's something people have no control over and I really don't understand why anyone would ever bully someone over it. Anyone who does that is not worth the time of day.

Is the character actually that height?

We'll have to pick a more neutral sport like bowling (I'd win).
Google says he’s 5’11 but a naughty dog employee posted on a Twitter a mesuring stick with there characters heights

Joel is a little under 6ft and Nate’s a little under 6’2

But what if I’m the same height as one
You'll wonder how someone like this can be 5'10'' and only weigh 150 pounds

350px-SF_Ryu_E.jpg

You'll wonder how someone like this can be 5'10'' and only weigh 150 pounds

350px-SF_Ryu_E.jpg
150lbs is perfectly normal for that physique

I’m 160lbs and the same level of leaness and decent but taller it makes sense

Brad pitt in fight club who’s 5’11 was only 147lbs and he was rumoured to be on roids

The difference in my family is wild

I'm 6'2 and one of my cousins from my mother side is 4'6. Also this really sucks when you are in a plane

Male in USA, 5'5 and 1/4. It sucks. But I know that some people have it even rougher. And it makes it even more depressing when I go in height threads and people who are 5'10 lamenting their height.

150lbs is perfectly normal for that physique

I’m 160lbs and the same level of leaness and decent but taller it makes sense

Brad pitt in fight club who’s 5’11 was only 147lbs and he was rumoured to be on roids
You’re really underestimating how much muscle weighs lol. Compare Ryu’s figure to the guy on the left with similar attributes:

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom