• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Creative Endeavors |ST| Flex your art muscles

I'm an aspiring writer.

Do we have a "writer's corner" somewhere on the forum?
At the moment I don't believe we formally have one, but you're free to talk writing in here if you'd like! Either to show off stuff or talk shop, there's a couple other writers in this thread ' w '

At the moment I don't believe we formally have one, but you're free to talk writing in here if you'd like! Either to show off stuff or talk shop, there's a couple other writers in this thread ' w '
I probably could make a "Writers' Corner" for, well, writers of every sort myself.

But thanks!

I probably could make a "Writers' Corner" for, well, writers of every sort myself.

But thanks!
Yeah, feel free to go for it if you want, and if you're down I can link it in the OP o/ I hope you can get some good discussion going!

My latest piece; the overlap and interaction between autism and alcohol

Knocked out Beast and Sasquatch today. Latter had a lot of layers to add some nice texture to the fur

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

I actually did a full set of pics with Sasquatch from this angle to show the layering but I’ll only do the last one here unless asked
IMG_5741.jpg

Ah a art place, neato
I have now almost 2 years of Digital art practice, and while my brain will not allow me to say I can 'do a lot', I finally created a Twitter for my art.
So I guess I'll post a recent art I did, here
I am Sneasel, because why not
Fb1a_6qXEAMZvJv

Hey everyone! After more than one and a half years I finally finished my first full length solo album a couple of months back. Everything, from playing and recording the instruments and vocals, to mixing and mastering (for better or worse lol) was done by myself. The only thing someone else provided is the fantastic cover artwork.

The project is called Into Denial and can be listened to on various streaming services.

Spotify is the most popular, but for those who don't have an account you should be able to listen to the whole thing on bandcamp.

The genre is something between Heavy and Power Metal, with the latter half of the album going a bit into Progressive Metal territory. There's also a bit of Greek Folk here and there.

Maybe someone will like what they hear!

Decided to draw some Owl House because pain. I am still very much a 'noob' when it comes to art but I like to think I am slowly but surely improving. It is fun, I finally have a thing other than video game collecting that helps me feel good, so, yay, progress ^^

A lot of people asked me about my experience with CBD Oil and anxiety, so I decided to write down what the first month has been like as I transition between medications. Hopefully it proves helpful, I really think a lot of people, especially others with OCD, could benefit from it.

Since it's an issue that's more difficult than is widely understood, and especially affects disadvantaged people and communities, I decided to do a write-up on the journey of withdrawing from medication.
One of the things that helped me the most in many of my struggles was finding the words of others who have faced the same struggle, so I figure if I can do the same, maybe it'll help someone else out there.

I've been continuing my attempts at orchestral arranging by doing more fan arrangements of the Legend of Mana soundtrack: it's probably my favourite OST alongside FFIX, and a really good basis for learning how to arrange different parts of an orchestra.

As with the other video, this was arranged using FL Studio, and the Sonatina sample pack

I started a mini project of making an OST for an imaginary game (I swear it exists on my mind). I've shared the few tracks I've posted on the General thread but I figure I should also use (and bump) this thread:

Any feedback is appreciated. Also, since I only recently discovered this thread I hope to go back and comment on other people's stuff :D

Probably the most common question people ask me in advocacy is how they can support their autistic child/friend/partner/colleague, so I decided to write a short piece about it, from an autistic perspective. :)

Hey everyone! After more than one and a half years I finally finished my first full length solo album a couple of months back. Everything, from playing and recording the instruments and vocals, to mixing and mastering (for better or worse lol) was done by myself. The only thing someone else provided is the fantastic cover artwork.

The project is called Into Denial and can be listened to on various streaming services.

Spotify is the most popular, but for those who don't have an account you should be able to listen to the whole thing on bandcamp.

The genre is something between Heavy and Power Metal, with the latter half of the album going a bit into Progressive Metal territory. There's also a bit of Greek Folk here and there.

Maybe someone will like what they hear!

This sounds neat! I'm a fan of power/prog metal and this gives me the same vibes from many of the bands I like or used to like back then.

Just curious, what instruments did you play? I assume the drums and keys (and maybe guitar as well) are sampled, right?

Production is fine, I think the guitars and bass could use some more crunch and presence (drums eat a lot of space haha) in general but it sounds good anyway.

EDIT: I uploaded 3 more tracks for my project:

Hope you enjoy them! The first one is kind of eeriee, the second is a boss theme based on the first one and the third is like the first level catchy tune of the game haha.

Last edited:
I see I posted the first part of my XB work here before, today I finally finished the second part of it! I also slightly tweaked Eunie's expression because I really hated it in the first version HAHA.

I'm glad I managed to finish it before the year of my GotY ended!

My first piece of writing for 2023, on infantilization and the importance of treating autistic adults as adults.

My latest piece of writing, reflections on living between the worlds of neurodivergent and neurotypical

Might as well share my glitch Pokemon gijinka characters:
4aff6ae2a8eff5f2aa429149110f18f9c49c89a8.png

d72eeaa75875efc79c0868d5f4b0c84eea63005d.png

1f45b0534b4bd0abd1f418e0934a32553476b7d1.png

84707193172d92398478360fd87c754019ef0a79.png

In order, Mino (Missingno), Fuiji (♀️.), Fourto (4 4) and Query (00 version of ????? from GSC)

Really cool to flip through everyone's stuff, especially as the thread gets bigger and bigger.

Been getting into printmaking recently and made this while playing Metroid Prime Remastered:
JVhD9ug.jpg

Happy with how it came out! Especially since I haven't done anything like this in a loooong while.

Here's the block:
JpM59vi.jpg

The prints go on! I wanted do a multicoloured one to practice some layout skills and landed on the N64 logo:
s44lTXE.jpg

You print each colour as its own block; I was surprised how it lined up! My decade-old green ink isn't so hot though. Thinking I'll trim the blocks up and print again with some new ink (pads this time).

The blocks:
VSKX1zy.jpg

I write a webcomic no one reads about Merpeople in the Wild West living as scavengers in a rugged and wet terrain still very much wild and dangerous. Of course with a lot of jokes sprinkled in here and there. (I've been trying to figure out how to get my pictures here, but none of the places I've uploaded to will even allow me to right click. So, I only have my word that you should click.)

Wet Frontier: Wild West Mermaids

Wet Frontier: Treasure Hunters

A print for a recent addition into my "these are the greatest games ever made" list: Moon! Moon, man. I need to write a RTTP on it or something and get some thoughts out. The mood of it just hits me like nothing else. And the translation (by Tim Rogers!) is so good.

mCHH8Go.png

I guess I should put the block pics in a spoiler tag so these posts aren't as long:
DW8m197.png

This print is for all of our trans members here at Famiboards; it’s impossible to picture this place without you!
M1o6sJw.jpg

dKkDzS4.png

workin on this trek corridor yesterday and today. still a few details missing but i'll come back to placing stickers and labels later.
now the real work begins...the environment behind the door.

RTA99X0.gif

workin on this trek corridor yesterday and today. still a few details missing but i'll come back to placing stickers and labels later.
now the real work begins...the environment behind the door.
Wow! This looks fantastic. Is this part of a wider project? I love when a piece of art makes me feel like I want to be inside the scene, and that's exactly what I get here...I guess what ends up behind that door may inform whether I'd want to be standing there 😁

I can't help but imagining it as a background for a modern ode to a PS1-era RPG. Lemme run up and down that hallway and grind for 20 min

Wow! This looks fantastic. Is this part of a wider project? I love when a piece of art makes me feel like I want to be inside the scene, and that's exactly what I get here...I guess what ends up behind that door may inform whether I'd want to be standing there 😁

I can't help but imagining it as a background for a modern ode to a PS1-era RPG. Lemme run up and down that hallway and grind for 20 min
Thanks! Yes indeed it is, I haven't even gotten to the main attraction yet. Behind the doors I will be imagining the Main Engineering room of the Enterprise-G, which hasn't been seen on-screen yet.
When I'm finished I want to make a short tour animation starting from the entrance, so my first step to warm-up was to replicate one of the ship's existing corridors. It's not a perfect recreation but it's enough to serve its purpose, the hall will not be featured much.

Your response reminded me of an old game I used to play called Cyberia:
WH23AtH.jpg

So I've been on such an extreme, exhausting, dry period of game making (In fact, this is the first time I've dabbled in game making since posting those pics on the first page of this thread) so it's nice to be back on track again.

Screenshot-2023-06-30-083933.png

Screenshot-2023-06-30-084308.png

Screenshot-2023-06-30-084154.png

Me and @Clov just launched the demo for our visual novel. So excited and proud to have a release for this. Please check it out if you're interested or are cool.

s79nR1.png

https://air-gong.itch.io/all-the-creeps-of-the-cosmos-future

Amazing! Congrats to you two :) Will definitely check out.

So I've been on such an extreme, exhausting, dry period of game making (In fact, this is the first time I've dabbled in game making since posting those pics on the first page of this thread) so it's nice to be back on track again.

Screenshot-2023-06-30-083933.png

Screenshot-2023-06-30-084308.png

Screenshot-2023-06-30-084154.png

Amazing! Congrats to you two :) Will definitely check out.

Thank you! It's so hard to believe that we finally have something out, but here we are. It's a really exciting time for us both!

Your game looks really cool too! It's so dreamy!

I will be starting your game tonight, @Phosphorescent Skeleton & @Clov! Congratulations, it looks fantastic. Do you have like a tip jar or something? I feel like I’m stealing!

And @Irene! Love the look of this. I’m happy to hear you’ve been getting back into dev lately; I would immediately buy this. Looking forward to playing it when it comes out

I will be starting your game tonight, @Phosphorescent Skeleton & @Clov! Congratulations, it looks fantastic. Do you have like a tip jar or something? I feel like I’m stealing!

And @Irene! Love the look of this. I’m happy to hear you’ve been getting back into dev lately; I would immediately buy this. Looking forward to playing it when it comes out

Thank you! We both hope you enjoy it!

We're going to be setting up a Patreon later this week, and that should have an option to give tips if you'd like! That's very generous of you, thank you!

@Phosphorescent Skeleton and I updated our VN demo! This time... we totally changed the font! It's still pixely, but I think it's easier to read now.
played through this tonight, it rocks, really great work yall. i hate slippermen so much tbh
lots of great lines but A CUP DEVOID OF DRINK is one that keeps rattling around my brain. also really love all the background art. very curious about what form Side Past will take and i'm looking forward to seeing more!!

played through this tonight, it rocks, really great work yall. i hate slippermen so much tbh
lots of great lines but A CUP DEVOID OF DRINK is one that keeps rattling around my brain. also really love all the background art. very curious about what form Side Past will take and i'm looking forward to seeing more!!

Thanks so much for trying it out! I'm really happy you enjoyed it! ❤️ After we get the Side Past demo out, we're going to be looking at getting Side Future into Early Access. That'll have the first 5 or 6 chapters, so much more than the demo! We chose to end the demo partway through chapter 2 because... after that point several new characters start to appear, and they don't have sprites yet! I'm really excited to see them in game!

I'm actually working on the Side Past demo right now! Still early, since there's lots of sprites left to be done, but it's coming together well. This one has a different visual style entirely, and the story is independent as well. But they are connected of course; what starts in Side Past eventually leads to the setting of Side Future! I really like the cast we have in that setting, and Phos and I can't wait to show more!

Thanks again for giving it a try! Look forward to more news on the project in the future! ^^

@Phosphorescent Skeleton and I updated the demo of our VN again! This time we've added a glossary to the game. It'll update on occasion, and you can look at it for additional context, or just as a reminder of what some of the in-game terminology means.

Here's the glossary screen:

screenshot0086.png

And here's our updated profile screen:

screenshot0083.png

Now it looks like you're looking up the character info on a phone! I thought it was something cute to add, so I just went for it!

It's been a while since I've updated here, so I thought I'd share my progress.

Candyface.png

My game is content complete minus ~60% of the post-game stuff (which I planned to release after launch initially), which is going quite quickly. Bugs are mostly gone, it's really only presentation that I have to worry about now.

I've made a few trailers, they're not great but they're something!

Currently I'm planning to take advantage of Epic's First Run program, which gives them 6 month exclusivity in exchange for me getting 100% of the revenue and some promotional considerations (i.e. I expect it'll be features in searches/home pages more often for a bit). Beyond that I really have no idea how to market the game, other than ask people here to check it out.

I am still trying to completely polish it and get rid of bugs, so if anyone here is interested I can offer a download key of the full game if you're willing to try it out and report any bugs/issues/grievances/compliments to me.

hey! been a while but I’ve heard murmurs of cool shit going on here and wanted to provide some updates!

Grögol Bonanza Albums

I’ve released six albums from my game!! five are EPs by in-universe bands and the sixth is a selection of songs from the soundtrack!

check out A Taste of Grögol Bonanza here and on Bandcamp

and you can find the rest on all major services! (might post them later but I have dishes to do)

I’m really proud of myself for getting around to releasing these — and I hope you like them too!

the game will take much, much longer… but I’m excited to share it with you all!

💕

hey! been a while but I’ve heard murmurs of cool shit going on here and wanted to provide some updates!

Grögol Bonanza Albums

I’ve released six albums from my game!! five are EPs by in-universe bands and the sixth is a selection of songs from the soundtrack!

check out A Taste of Grögol Bonanza here and on Bandcamp

and you can find the rest on all major services! (might post them later but I have dishes to do)

I’m really proud of myself for getting around to releasing these — and I hope you like them too!

the game will take much, much longer… but I’m excited to share it with you all!

💕

Hey! Just wanted to say I really liked what I heard on Bandcamp, so I ended up giving them all a buy! The Norton Advance and Falihax Visonic albums were totally my vibe. You're seriously talented and I can't wait to listen to the others (and see more of your game)!

Hey! Just wanted to say I really liked what I heard on Bandcamp, so I ended up giving them all a buy! The Norton Advance and Falihax Visonic albums were totally my vibe. You're seriously talented and I can't wait to listen to the others (and see more of your game)!
thank you so much!!! i’m so glad you’re enjoying them!!! 💕

this is my first time releasing my music under a new identity and for a fixed project, so… I’m kind of combining the haphazard multi-name concept album thing I’ve done in the past with a mix & match soundtrack series

a little nervous about the approach… but 15-track sets keep me from getting too lost in the weeds, and I like it!

I promised everyone I’d get more Spotify links, so here!

Victor of Sport — they’re a ska-type band who will rope you into committing amusing felonies

Juno Brace — she’s doing her best but is seconds away from fighting her ex at a house party. piano pop for people who may have heard of the 90s

Falihax Visonic — maritime folk music. of what kind? and how? with what instruments? who’s to say…

Unchained Wizardia — who in this world is sadder than Nimlok, the Stinky Wizard? imagine the white rappers of the year 2000 had no friends and lived alone in garbage. also went mad. also were slightly magic.

Norton Advance — this jerk is playing the Burning Man equivalent, and every joke I wrote about it became 20x more relevant this year

Oh yeah, I also have a bandcamp page for my OST-

Also just today officially have an LLC, so that's fun.

Back
Top Bottom