• Hello Guest, the results for the Game of the Year 2022 voting has now been finalised, and can be checked out here

StarTopic Creative Endeavors |ST| Flex your art muscles

OP
OP
paranoodle

paranoodle

Moblin
Pronouns
they/them
I'm an aspiring writer.

Do we have a "writer's corner" somewhere on the forum?
At the moment I don't believe we formally have one, but you're free to talk writing in here if you'd like! Either to show off stuff or talk shop, there's a couple other writers in this thread ' w '

merp

Starman
Pronouns
He/him
At the moment I don't believe we formally have one, but you're free to talk writing in here if you'd like! Either to show off stuff or talk shop, there's a couple other writers in this thread ' w '
I probably could make a "Writers' Corner" for, well, writers of every sort myself.

But thanks!

OP
OP
paranoodle

paranoodle

Moblin
Pronouns
they/them
I probably could make a "Writers' Corner" for, well, writers of every sort myself.

But thanks!
Yeah, feel free to go for it if you want, and if you're down I can link it in the OP o/ I hope you can get some good discussion going!

curl-6

Koopa
Pronouns
he/him
My latest piece; the overlap and interaction between autism and alcohol

Mandos

Bounty Hunter
Pronouns
He/Him
Knocked out Beast and Sasquatch today. Latter had a lot of layers to add some nice texture to the fur

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

IMG_5740.jpg

I actually did a full set of pics with Sasquatch from this angle to show the layering but I’ll only do the last one here unless asked
IMG_5741.jpg

BlightStar

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah a art place, neato
I have now almost 2 years of Digital art practice, and while my brain will not allow me to say I can 'do a lot', I finally created a Twitter for my art.
So I guess I'll post a recent art I did, here
I am Sneasel, because why not
Fb1a_6qXEAMZvJv

Vaenyr

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey everyone! After more than one and a half years I finally finished my first full length solo album a couple of months back. Everything, from playing and recording the instruments and vocals, to mixing and mastering (for better or worse lol) was done by myself. The only thing someone else provided is the fantastic cover artwork.

The project is called Into Denial and can be listened to on various streaming services.

Spotify is the most popular, but for those who don't have an account you should be able to listen to the whole thing on bandcamp.

The genre is something between Heavy and Power Metal, with the latter half of the album going a bit into Progressive Metal territory. There's also a bit of Greek Folk here and there.

Maybe someone will like what they hear!

BlightStar

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
Decided to draw some Owl House because pain. I am still very much a 'noob' when it comes to art but I like to think I am slowly but surely improving. It is fun, I finally have a thing other than video game collecting that helps me feel good, so, yay, progress ^^

curl-6

Koopa
Pronouns
he/him
A lot of people asked me about my experience with CBD Oil and anxiety, so I decided to write down what the first month has been like as I transition between medications. Hopefully it proves helpful, I really think a lot of people, especially others with OCD, could benefit from it.

curl-6

Koopa
Pronouns
he/him
Since it's an issue that's more difficult than is widely understood, and especially affects disadvantaged people and communities, I decided to do a write-up on the journey of withdrawing from medication.
One of the things that helped me the most in many of my struggles was finding the words of others who have faced the same struggle, so I figure if I can do the same, maybe it'll help someone else out there.

JazzPotatoes

Bob-omb
Pronouns
He/Him
I've been continuing my attempts at orchestral arranging by doing more fan arrangements of the Legend of Mana soundtrack: it's probably my favourite OST alongside FFIX, and a really good basis for learning how to arrange different parts of an orchestra.

As with the other video, this was arranged using FL Studio, and the Sonatina sample pack

jnWake

i have 50 characters and i'll use them, all of 'em
I started a mini project of making an OST for an imaginary game (I swear it exists on my mind). I've shared the few tracks I've posted on the General thread but I figure I should also use (and bump) this thread:

Any feedback is appreciated. Also, since I only recently discovered this thread I hope to go back and comment on other people's stuff :D

curl-6

Koopa
Pronouns
he/him
Probably the most common question people ask me in advocacy is how they can support their autistic child/friend/partner/colleague, so I decided to write a short piece about it, from an autistic perspective. :)

jnWake

i have 50 characters and i'll use them, all of 'em
Hey everyone! After more than one and a half years I finally finished my first full length solo album a couple of months back. Everything, from playing and recording the instruments and vocals, to mixing and mastering (for better or worse lol) was done by myself. The only thing someone else provided is the fantastic cover artwork.

The project is called Into Denial and can be listened to on various streaming services.

Spotify is the most popular, but for those who don't have an account you should be able to listen to the whole thing on bandcamp.

The genre is something between Heavy and Power Metal, with the latter half of the album going a bit into Progressive Metal territory. There's also a bit of Greek Folk here and there.

Maybe someone will like what they hear!
This sounds neat! I'm a fan of power/prog metal and this gives me the same vibes from many of the bands I like or used to like back then.

Just curious, what instruments did you play? I assume the drums and keys (and maybe guitar as well) are sampled, right?

Production is fine, I think the guitars and bass could use some more crunch and presence (drums eat a lot of space haha) in general but it sounds good anyway.

EDIT: I uploaded 3 more tracks for my project:

Hope you enjoy them! The first one is kind of eeriee, the second is a boss theme based on the first one and the third is like the first level catchy tune of the game haha.

Last edited:

Appelsider

OvO/ ✨
Pronouns
She/Her
I see I posted the first part of my XB work here before, today I finally finished the second part of it! I also slightly tweaked Eunie's expression because I really hated it in the first version HAHA.

I'm glad I managed to finish it before the year of my GotY ended!

curl-6

Koopa
Pronouns
he/him
My first piece of writing for 2023, on infantilization and the importance of treating autistic adults as adults.

curl-6

Koopa
Pronouns
he/him
My latest piece of writing, reflections on living between the worlds of neurodivergent and neurotypical

Top Bottom