• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

StarTopic Creative Endeavors |ST| Flex your art muscles

MissingNo.

Triangular Tactician
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Hooray, my demo is finally up and available to download!! Itch.io was my best bet for it. Anyway,

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Please let me know what you all think! I really need some criticism/comments to help drive me to keep going!
My laptop is about as old and shitty as they get, but I'll see if I can get this to run.

bellydrum

website dad
Administrator
Pronouns
he / him
FamiGold
Hey everyone! I've been meaning to post here for a minute.

I'm working on a creature-catcher called Grögol Bonanza. Multimedia / music / code are my main skills – other than shitposting – but I'm not necessarily deeply talented at any one thing.

I started cooking this up as a joke, mostly as an inversion of what some Pokémon fans have decried in more recent games. I ran with some "careful what you wish for" concepts and tried to see how absurd I could make them. So based on that:

There are tons of creatures – called Grögols – in every possible type combination! ~ but they're all the shittiest little pen drawings I can scratch out based on very bad ideas

There's a gym for every type, and you can do them in any order! Maybe even secret ones! ~ but many of them are hidden, or require side quests, or won't open until you make the stinky wizard come out of his dumpster

There's no two-version split! ~ but your save file does more random generation than you think, meaning there are maybe way too many possible versions

There's a huge open world map! ~ but it's kind of minimalist, with flat bright colors and sketchy decoration

Your starters are not overpowered! ~ because you might not even get one, since the professor you're interning for is kind of a dick

The combat isn’t strictly turn-based! ~ because it’s “mini bullet hell” style, and you’re gonna have to practice your dodge dash if you don’t want to get dunked

There’s lots of optional post-game content! ~ because your Grögolpedia isn’t the only thing you’ll be filling out! and where did the Grögols come from, anyway? and why is the Federal Birdeau after you? and why did you put a Grögol in the horse incinerator when you don’t even know what a “horse” is? and what’s the deal with the terrifying Chaös Grögols? and why does it feel like there’s a whole other world beneath your feet? and where is the fourth karaoke bar? and what happens if you change the world? and what if you choose violence? and is a new save slot really just a new save slot? and what the hell is Jerry?! and where is the damn fishing hat?!

My hope is that it will end up being fun to play, funny, and engaging! but even if not, I’m having fun. it’s the perfect amount of chaotically ambitious and not too serious for a project to get me into game design.

Here’s a little reel I put together of planning and progress so far:

let me know your thoughts! I realize it’s all very chaotic and I didn’t really explain anything well, but this forum (and this community in prior forums) gave me the push I needed to finally try and make a game after ~25 years of wanting to. cheers!

This is amazing and I'm excited to play the final product in whatever form it takes

Played this video on my piving room tv for my partner because she had to see it

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
XSkVj6C_d.webp

BREAKFAST ENCHILADAS (AND THE CREW DOES THE Grögol Bonanza)

Suswave

𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖙 ~.+.~ 𝖆𝖇𝖞𝖘𝖘
Founder
Pronouns
𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 / 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒
FamiGold
thank you all so much for the support!!

@chocolate_supra i wonder if “doing the Grögol Bonanza” is what’s going on at :28

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Hooray, my demo is finally up and available to download!! Itch.io was my best bet for it. Anyway,

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Please let me know what you all think! I really need some criticism/comments to help drive me to keep going!
Downloading now while my laptop is still close by. My office is torn down for a move atm but I'm gonna give this a shot when things level out a bit. (y)

Mandos

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve been painting my miniatures games for the last year now. With my xmen United pledge delayed I decided to go back and paint the first minis game I ever got Star Wars imperial Assualt. Been chipping away at craft day at my FLGS but I’ve got a quiet week so I’m aiming to finish the 16 generics I have left(I’ve already done 7). Which will leave me with the 3 movie characters I have left, Luke, Vader, and Boba. Well and the ATST but that’s a different matter. So I just finished up the player character yesterday other and some final touches
Well I may go back and dry brush the twilek to a lighter tone(and I need to paint 2 bases and top coat it all) but I wrapped up the last 2 SWIA player characters today

IMG_5057.jpg

IMG_5058.jpg

Keeping it clean and simple has been my motto on this project tho I did do some washes on these 2. Here’s the whole gang

IMG_5060.jpg

Oh and a bunch of topcoating I have a backlog and it’s warm enough to use the airbrush

I’m waiting for my xmen United to arrive but if it doesn’t before I finish up the other stuff I think this is the simplest and the first of my 3D prints(I did the model work and had someone else print it) I’ll try to paint

IMG_5065.jpg

I also have a test one a third it’s size already primed but I was probably doing a gag all metalic paint job on it for the heck of it. tho I also have some fantasy minis I might assemble and mess with

Also before I get to work on painting I’ve got a model kit to panel line and build

IMG_5048.jpg

Top Bottom