• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Could 3D Kirby set sales records for the franchise? (5mil+)

How well can this Kirby sell?

• Less than 3 million

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 3 million

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • 4 million

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • 5 million

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • 6 million

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • 7-9 million

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • 10 million (outrageous pie in the sky answer)

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters
I’m crazy and voted 10+

3D sells better than 2D, and Luigi’s Mansion 3 is a 10 million+ game. I think it depends on quality and reviews. Five is probably the floor.
Tell that to Mario or DK, Kirby’s platforming brethren. Luigi’s Mansion was already far more popular than Kirby by the second game (and I’m not sure what the connection between them is). Dark Moon sold over a million more copy than even the most successful Kirby.

This game made quite excitement and its 1st time totally different type of Kirby game, also definitely looks a bit similar like Mario Odyssey so I am sure plenty of Mario Odyssey owners would want check out this game, add to that almost every game is selling like crazy, I could easily see hitting 5m+ and become best selling Kirby game.
I mean we saw so many Nintendo IPs having its best selling game on Switch, I really dont see why 3D Kirby game wouldn't do same thing.

Yeah, if Japan doesn’t like the shift, that could hamper the game. It is a landmark for the series though which should at least balance out any potential loss in the traditional audience.

I mean bigger gain in sales would be if West this time really likes Kirby and Japan dont.

3D Kirby seems like a winner to me. Not only because it’s already a popular franchise but the footage we’ve seen of it is pretty high quality stuff.

I seen coments like " i dont usually play kirby games but this looks kind of interesting" in a lot of reacts from the direct

I haven't bought a Kirby game since Return to DreamLand because they started to feel really samey and the franchise got a bit tired I think, but I'm 100% in for Forgotten Land. So I do think it has the potential, it will build on Star Allies' numbers and then bring new people and old fans as well.

To be pessimistically honest I think this game is only going to sell slightly more than Star Allies.

Which is still really good, but for a series evolving like this, with presumably the budget in tow, it might be a little underwhelming.

It's not Mario and it's not probably a very challenging or otherwise "great" platformer on many standards.

So I will go out on a pessimist way and say that it'll be one of the few IP's on Switch that is not going to sell bonkers, instead actually underachieving a bit and staying under 3 mil at least during the first year.

Seems a bit early to make a solid prediction for this game. We need to see how good the gameplay is in a contiguous gameplay demo, which form the level design takes (purely level-based, a bit more sandbox-y, fully sandbox, or some other point in the continuum), and some other details. The game has gotten good exposure, with the trailer doing significant numbers on YouTube. That doesn't mean sales directly or anything, but it does mean a lot of people are looking at it. Whether they will ultimately buy it will depend on the quality of the game and how Nintendo handles the release. From the early stuff we've shown, this game seems to have some good things going for it, so I definitely wouldn't rule out a 5M or higher performance. But I wouldn't feel at all confident saying whether it will or won't at this point in time.

To be pessimistically honest I think this game is only going to sell slightly more than Star Allies.

Which is still really good, but for a series evolving like this, with presumably the budget in tow, it might be a little underwhelming.
4M is underwhelming? that's a lot more than most games can say

5m or more is my guess for sure. 3D Kirby could be huge so hopefully im lowballing it. The pink strongest fictional baby ball character deserves it. Hopefully he munches his way through with the 3D revolution to the kirby series :p

Star Allies while fun was incredibly safe and dare I say a bit stale. Forgotten Land looks like the most ambitious Kirby game in a good while, it's a nice shakeup to the formula. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it managed 4 or 5 mil.

Back
Top Bottom