• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV 'Community' movie finally happening, coming to Peacock

D

Deleted member 2

1664566473766.png

Hot. Hot hot hot.

Susan Rovner, of NBC Universal, says:
“‘Six seasons and a movie’ started out as a cheeky line from Community’s early seasons and quickly ignited a passionate fan movement for this iconic, hilarious and cool NBC comedy,” said Susan Rovner, Chairman, Entertainment Content, NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. “We’re incredibly grateful that 15 years later, we are able to deliver fans this promised movie and can’t wait to get to work with Dan Harmon, Andrew Guest, Joel McHale, Sony and our partners at UTV to continue this epic comedy for Peacock audiences.”

After so many years of dreaming, hoping…cant believe its actually happening! Please NBC, cough up whatever cash you need to get Donald and Yvette back!!!

IF LOVING WORMS IS STUPID THEN I DON'T WANT TO BE SMART.

@chocolate_supra wanna hang out here?

To continue our conversation:

While I hated season 4 around the time of its premiere, upon recent rewatches I've actually warmed up to it considerably. It does have its own kind of heart, in a "struggling to live up to its predecessor" kind of way. There were plenty of "try-hard" moments, but at worst they were flat and at best they were endearing thanks to actor delivery. "Garbage dip!! - why do I always have to go third??"
Also, have to shout out one of the show's best brick jokes in 4x01 given by the Dean - "gasp the fountain works!*"

Season 5, however, it really difficult to rewatch. There's a surprising amount of it that's just not funny. The episode where Abed is tied to Professor Hickey's desk is probably my least favorite episode of the show. It's not a fun time. It's also visually very dark. I have no idea why everything was so dark in that season. The highlight of the season was definitely the pierce's will bottle episode, but beyond that, there was far too much baggage in season 5 imo.

@chocolate_supra wanna hang out here?

To continue our conversation:

While I hated season 4 around the time of its premiere, upon recent rewatches I've actually warmed up to it considerably. It does have its own kind of heart, in a "struggling to live up to its predecessor" kind of way. There were plenty of "try-hard" moments, but at worst they were flat and at best they were endearing thanks to actor delivery. "Garbage dip!! - why do I always have to go third??"
Also, have to shout out one of the show's best brick jokes in 4x01 given by the Dean - "gasp the fountain works!*"

Season 5, however, it really difficult to rewatch. There's a surprising amount of it that's just not funny. The episode where Abed is tied to Professor Hickey's desk is probably my least favorite episode of the show. It's not a fun time. It's also visually very dark. I have no idea why everything was so dark in that season. The highlight of the season was definitely the pierce's will bottle episode, but beyond that, there was far too much baggage in season 5 imo.
My thoughts are much less deep. For me, the series just broke when Troy left. Nothing to do with the showrunner, nothing to do with the writing, I just loved the original dynamic (although Pierce grated on me because I knew too many people IRL just like him but worse) and when the best friendship on TV was busted, it just didn't recover for me.

Very much looking forward to him returning for And A Movie, though ❤️

Back
Top Bottom