• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Comic Book Discussion Thread

bmfrosty

wins the battle!
Founder
comic-book-header-1024x576.jpg

Thought I'd start something, even without a big fancy OP.

I've been reading the Marvel Ultimate series because I like a something somewhat contained and planned out ahead out of time. Also it's nice to see something that doesn't have decades worth of retcons. I'm really enjoying it. I'm a little disappointed by the depiction of women (everyone is drawn sexy), but even then, it's been a lot of fun. Even Warren Ellis seems to be being wholesome.

Does anyone have something similar for DC? Usually for them I go with limited series and such. Am considering Dark Knights Metal sometime soon.

What are you reading now?

I read almost all of DC's current line-up, for better or for worse. On the Marvel side, I read Al Ewing's stuff and Moon Knight, but that's about it. I love to check out random comics otherwise.

I've been reading the Marvel Ultimate series because I like a something somewhat contained and planned out ahead out of time. Also it's nice to see something that doesn't have decades worth of retcons. I'm really enjoying it. I'm a little disappointed by the depiction of women (everyone is drawn sexy), but even then, it's been a lot of fun. Even Warren Ellis seems to be being wholesome.

Does anyone have something similar for DC?
The closest thing to a Ultimate universe to DC would really just be ignoring continuity and just picking up whatever graphic novels seem interesting to you. New 52 was originally their attempt at an Ultimate line, but they gave that up quick in every way for many reasons.

Back
Top Bottom