• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Chris Pratt

Honestly the Bowser and Kamek pair casting is super solid. Kamek’s was the voice of Captain Gantu in Lilo and Stitch
I agree, Jack Black is kinda an inspired casting choice. I also think Key could work as Toad. Everyone else though.. 🤣

I'm generally fine with most of the casting choices, even if some are a little odd. But man I cannot stand Chris Pratt lol

I'm generally fine with most of the casting choices, even if some are a little odd. But man I cannot stand Chris Pratt lol
I don't have anything against Pratt as an actor (personal beliefs are another story) but he just really doesn't seem to fit Mario

The rest of the choices feel like they'll be fun though

Still can't believe Miyamoto just popped in, dropped that bomb, and left us in ruins.

I havent laughed as hard as I did during that announcement in a long, long time

While I can understand disliking Pratt (read up on that church stuff, disappointing) I do like him as a voice actor in both Lego Movies and Onward.

I’ll give him a shot.

Everything else though, inspired.

Yeah I love homophobia. He's iconic. No choice but to Stan our at best apathetic at worse antagonistic King.

Still can't believe Miyamoto just popped in, dropped that bomb, and left us in ruins.

I havent laughed as hard as I did during that announcement in a long, long time
It's absolutely insane! I don't think the casting announcement would've caused nearly this reaction had it just been PR like for other movies.

They have to show the first trailer for this movie in a Direct now. lol

Why do so many people seem to hate Chris Pratt? :ROFLMAO:
The short of it is that the church he is a member of is outspoken in its anti LGTB beliefs and supports practices like gay conversion therapy. Pratt has stated that he himself does not share all of these views but is adament in his continued support. Aside from that, he flashed some coworkers as a joke on set, and considers it a funny anecdote despite receiving a warning about it from the studio. And in general he appears to have several right wing ties, from registering on Parlor, to following figures such as Ben Shapiro.

It's of course up to everyone's own tastes and beliefs if the above is reason for condemnation. But it has made a lot of people uncomfortable with him as a person.

Last edited:
The short of it is that the church he is a member of is outspoken in its anti LGTB beliefs and supports practices like gay conversion therapy. Pratt has stated that he himself does not share all of these views but is adament in his continued support. Aside from that, he flashed some coworkers as a joke on set, and considers it a funny anecdote despite receiving a warning about it from the studio. And in general he appears to have several right wing ties, from registering on Parlor, to following figures such as Ben Shapiro.

It's of course up to everyone's own tastes and beliefs if the above is reason for condemnation. But it has made a lot of people uncomfortable with him as a perosn.

To tell you the truth, I don't care about any of that. All I care about is if he will be a good voice actor or not, but I see now why some people hate him.

While I can understand disliking Pratt (read up on that church stuff, disappointing) I do like him as a voice actor in both Lego Movies and Onward.

I’ll give him a shot.

Everything else though, inspired.
Yeah he know how to voice act at least, I’m fact all the cast has a decent level of VA credits, shouldn’t be an awkward celebs don’t know what they’re doing cast. Hopefully they have a strong voice direction supervisor though, that’s what really makes or breaks things
To tell you the truth, I don't care about any of that. All I care about is if he will be a good voice actor or not, but I see now why some people hate him.
he did the lego movies, onward and a couple other random things, so he knows how too. Just a question of how strong a direction they’ll have him take accent wise. It’ll be different from Charles for sure but I’d imagine they’ll have him shape his own new take

Back
Top Bottom