• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Chit Chat That Doesn't Have A Home | Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will future generations not know what life was like before COVID?

Like how post-Boomer generations have never known what life was like before the polio vaccine?

Went to get my hair cut today and they absolutely botched it. Far shorter than I wanted and it just looks kind of uneven in general. Like a 10 year old boy whose dad shaved his head in the backyard for the summer or something, I hate it. I can only hope it grows back quickly.

Do you ever think about how many websites have been lost to time?

Like, even if a site gets put on the Wayback Machine, that's no guarantee that it'll stay there forever.

Do you ever think about how many websites have been lost to time?

Like, even if a site gets put on the Wayback Machine, that's no guarantee that it'll stay there forever.

It's more parts of websites that worry me. I often go looking on the Wayback Machine for old Java applet and Shockwave Player content, but it never works.

It doesn't have everything, but check out https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/downloads/ , it has tons and tons of old web content that doesn't work in modern browsers.

By "it never works", I mean that the files weren't backed up - I have an older version of Firefox installed for a variety of reasons (mainly UI), including retaining Flash and Java compatibility.

That said, Flashpoint does appear to have one of the games I've been looking for; Junkyard Jump from foxkids.com :)

Going to Google News, Canada section - top story "two black bears caught wrestling on backyard trampoline", six stories down "five injured in drive-by shooting".

😕
anime-blush.gif

I'm trying to find plates that resemble this but I have no idea where to look or how to look for it.
It's a deep plate with a solid hollow base, but all i can find is a deep plate with floating edges.
Anyone have any directions of what i could search for?

neXbVOP.png

I'm trying to find plates that resemble this but I have no idea where to look or how to look for it.
It's a deep plate with a solid hollow base, but all i can find is a deep plate with floating edges.
Anyone have any directions of what i could search for?

neXbVOP.png
Are you looking to do some fine dining at home?

God yeah. Apparently the plates are from a brand called "feelings" that I can't seem to find anywhere.
Holy shit, if you do find a place where you can buy feelings then please let me know. I'd like to preorder copies of Joy and Self Worth.

Started watching The Batman.

A few thoughts without spoilers:

From a technical level, the photography and visual design and staging is excellent.

Within 45 minutes I already laughed out loud. It's kind of silly.

When Nirvana came on I had major eye roll and laughed and told myself "Of course this is in it"

I cannot take this seriously and it's friggin Batman. I love Batman.

The movie suffers from the all too common Superhero bloat. Catwoman should not be in this. Pointless and she added nothing to it. Adds to bloat. You don't need Batman, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler. Cut Penguin or have a quick cameo to make him central to the follow up. Set up a seed. Other superhero movies have suffered for this.

Even my favorite Batman movie, Returns, got called out on this back in the day. However, that one pulled it off (and just barely) because Tim Burton went super hard on the outsiders/goth freak show aspect above everything else and kept it visually and tonally consistent.

Anyway, the movie is kinda silly.

ugh, had a rather uncomfortable conversation about trans people at work today. My coworkers can be hard to put up with and this doesn’t help.

Watched The Bad Guys tonight and while it's not the ultimate animated masterpiece of the year, it's fun, characters are nice, and the animation is gorgeous. If you're in the mood for a light-hearted heist movie, you should enjoy it quite a bit.

Plus it features this song, which is always a big plus for a movie :

I feel like there's a zillion better ways to waste my time than to ingest wine and listen to Poets of the Fall but let's gooooo.

Hi. Is there a TVs thread here on Fami? I'm trying to find out which current TVs let you run Kodi without too much messing around. I know those that run Android/Google TV can do it. Which others?

I’m don’t believe in organized religion. If I did I would ask for you guys to pray for me. I just need someone to talk to. Dealing with some family drama and I don’t know how the next couple days will go. I’m don’t know what to do, say, or feel right now. Send all the positive energy you can my way please. Thanks family.

I’m don’t believe in organized religion. If I did I would ask for you guys to pray for me. I just need someone to talk to. Dealing with some family drama and I don’t know how the next couple days will go. I’m don’t know what to do, say, or feel right now. Send all the positive energy you can my way please. Thanks family.
Family issues turned out to be non-issues, thankfully. Hopefully everyone has a great week.

Can you still be infectious if you've had covid, are now testing negative but still showing symptoms?

Someone I'm living with has had it and has been isolating in their room for the past week and a half whilst they've been testing positive. They've got negative two days in a row not but they're still coughing, are they likely to be safe to go back to normal or could their coughing still be infectious?

You know how some cars have breathalyzer ignition locks? Sometimes I feel like I need a heart rate keyboard lock lol. Seriously tested today. Reminds me why I quit reddit and twitter... I get nothing from it.

Anyone else make the same mistakes all the time, and recognise you're making the same mistake in the moment but you let it happen anyway cause it won't be till later that you deal with it. I'm realising I do that a lot.

My fiancé and I watched Detective Pikachu last night. My second time seeing it; her first. It’s honestly so good. Some of the Pokémon are a little uncanny but they nailed the overall vibe of them. The Ludicolo, Mr. Mime, and Psyduck bits are all really funny, and the spectacle of the Torterra Garden is really amazing for the lifelong Pokémon fan in me. The characters have a lot of heart.

I don’t know if there are any plans for more of these but I hope they take on Jhoto legendaries next. Imagine an opening with explorers diving deep in the ocean, it’s dark and cold, illuminated by only a single beam of light and out of the corner of their eye, they find Lugia. Terrifying, but would be amazing. Like a certain “boss” in New Pokémon Snap…

Can you still be infectious if you've had covid, are now testing negative but still showing symptoms?

Someone I'm living with has had it and has been isolating in their room for the past week and a half whilst they've been testing positive. They've got negative two days in a row not but they're still coughing, are they likely to be safe to go back to normal or could their coughing still be infectious?
If you’re negative then no, you’re not contagious.
Anyone else make the same mistakes all the time, and recognise you're making the same mistake in the moment but you let it happen anyway cause it won't be till later that you deal with it. I'm realising I do that a lot.
Yes, for sure. Lots of little things like that are coming to light about myself in therapy. Big things too, but its crazy how the suppression of the bigger problems within yourself manifest in those little habits like that. Whenever I’m in that mode making those same little mistakes, it’s like there’s an autopilot switch on my back that someone flipped. I zone out completely, just to try to force myself not to dwell on it.

I'm thinking about going to my local Eastern Market and trying jackfruit and lychee for the first time. Maybe I could go to my local Mexican grocery store and get some exotic fruit there, and have a "fruit from around the world" taste test.

I'm thinking about going to my local Eastern Market and trying jackfruit and lychee for the first time. Maybe I could go to my local Mexican grocery store and get some exotic fruit there, and have a "fruit from around the world" taste test.
Lychee is delicious. Especially when made into a cocktail :D

So like I almost guarantee that a very very small amount of you like Metal and the great span of Core genres, but I need help. I've fallen in love with a Japanese band called Paledusk, and I need more suggestions like them cause I can't stop.

Black Ice
BBB
HAPPY TALK

help

Hi.

I’m Aisback on everywhere :) I don’t think I’ve ever done a true introduction on any forum I’ve been on. I just wanted to say I like what I see here and I hope to be more active here as well.

I’m just about in my 30s , from England , I love gaming and I play because I have fun :)

Hi.

I’m Aisback on everywhere :) I don’t think I’ve ever done a true introduction on any forum I’ve been on. I just wanted to say I like what I see here and I hope to be more active here as well.

I’m just about in my 30s , from England , I love gaming and I play because I have fun :)
Hey Aisback, welcome! Good to have you here. What kind of games to you love?

Yep

The dark mode on this forum is nice. I haven't been on a forum in a long time so it's pretty fun to play around with settings!!! Also hi I'm Lea I'm 24 and I play too many video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom