• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Chit Chat That Doesn't Have A Home | Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the reaction score and why is everyones at 0?
It's just a feature of the software which Famiboards isn't currently using. If there was likes/dislikes for posts, for example, it could be used to show how many likes vs. dislikes a person's posts has...Not that I'd be a fan of that personally.

It's 8:30 am and I could still sleep now but NOOOOooo
all because my Professor couldn't tell us yesterday that there wouldn't a lecture right now.

FFS

It's just a feature of the software which Famiboards isn't currently using. If there was likes/dislikes for posts, for example, it could be used to show how many likes vs. dislikes a person's posts has...Not that I'd be a fan of that personally.

Just to see “Likes“ would be nice.

Thinks in Reddit

…eh, maybe not!

First time on this thread; wanted to share I've been called for work! It's only for 2+6 days (in gaming-related commercial animation as I occasionally do for some years now), but since I'm unemployed it really is better than nothing (and I love doing it so I'm really happy).

That's it! I wish everyone a nice day 😋

Me at 8am: Man I'm tired, work is gonna be rough. I need to go to sleep early tonight for a change.

Me at 1am: 🤩SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK I'M STAYING UP ALL NIGHT🤩

Every night.

Sup y'all, place is new yet full of familiar names. Decided to register since I still would like to check out Nintendo talk and start with a new forum (again!)

Looking forward to the growth here.

Just found out crikey is Australian slang, not English. I have to wonder where I picked it up from cause I say that all the time whenever I'm surprised by something because I'm certainly not Australian.

I'm new here, so hey
I just wanted to share my positivity because after almost 3 months of doing-nothing state cause, depression, I finally found the strenght to restart my sewing program and sent my project :) Now I can do the Halloween challenge with a restful mind.

Just found out crikey is Australian slang, not English. I have to wonder where I picked it up from cause I say that all the time whenever I'm surprised by something because I'm certainly not Australian.
You weren't around when Steve Irwin was a global phenomenon? Every other sentence that came out of that mouth of his used it.

Anyone intrested in a general table top rpg thread or threads for specific systems (D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Pathfinder, ect)? I'd even be down for running games, especially for Call of Cthulhu and other, more obscure games I want to try out like Dungeon Crawl Classics.

/rant

I hate being called Latino ever since I immigrated here. Something that happens only in the U.S. and probably Canada. What the hell does that mean? I am not Latino. I am Venezuelan, and if you want a broader stroke, South American... I guess? Nobody down here uses it to refer to ourselves or others as that except in the context of Latin America as a whole when it comes to trade, relations, or geographic context. And even then, we usually say South America.

There is no latin people. There is no latin culture. What the fuck is latin culture? We speak the same language, but everyone of our countries are very different culturally. On top of that, even within every country, we are a diversity of cultures and religions from various backgrounds like Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and of course, the indigenous populations. And middle eastern descendants from Venezuela will be culturally quite different than middle eastern descendants from say, Chile, because of each country's own cultural identity. Our common ground is Spain and Portugal, which did shape us much like France, England, and Spain shaped the American colonies. Even then, Spanish cuisine adpated differently to each country due to local indigenous influences and lack of certain ingrediants compensated by adding local ingredients. After immigration, slavery, intermarriage, that all went down the window. This yummy spanish dish you love....probably has two or three different countries behind it

Also, to all Americans with some sort of heritage in some Spanish speaking country... Stop pretending slavery and oppression of indigenous populations was not a thing and erase our fucked up dark histories.

Anyway, stop calling me Latino because it erases who I am. May as well say someone from Italy is interchangeable with the Germans. Why not. They are kinda close.

Sorry, someone earlier today me I don't seem latino enough and I am white passing.... like, what the fuck? I immigrated here. I am from Venezuela. Do you know what you are saying? And you were born here, to us you would be a yankee or gringo regardless if your grandparents were born in Uruguay.

I swear, I sometimes think people believe a giant came down and watered various lands and we just popped up out of nowhere.

Rant over lol

Thinking about making a “favorite gaming podcast” thread but not sure about the rules. I was going to recommend 2 of my favorite, lesser-known podcasts. They aren’t 100% Nintendo focused but they do feature Nintendo discussion prominently. Are we limiting discussion on Treehouse to 100% Nintendo-only talk? Maybe The Roost would be the appropriate place to post it?

Edit: just saw a Halo thread on Treehouse so I’m assuming it’s ok. Sorry for the confusion, I’m brand spanking new

Is this board 420 friendly? I wanted to make a vape thread, but not sure if appropriate here.
2946334-thumbnail_6.jpg

Douche or No Douche

I got a question for y’all. We pay for trash/recycle/yard waste through the city. Our pickup day is Thursday (or Friday if Monday is a holiday).

Lately over the last few months they’ve been missing Thursday pickup at least once if not twice a month. Yard waste crew always is on point and there early Thursday. Trash/Recycle is always maybe on schedule Thursday, maybe late Friday, and I’ve even had them come on Saturday.

Am I a douche if I report missed trash on my trash day? I know it’s hard out there with the pandemic and let it slide a few times, but now it’s become a month if not twice a month thing. It’s hard because if we have a lot of trash or recycle that week I can get backed up.

Douche or No douche if I use the city website to just say something?

Douche or No douche if I use the city website to just say something?
They probably have labor shortages. Is complaining going to make them get more employee coverage, or do nothing at all?

I’d say if it starts missing weeks entirely, that’s a big problem, but still not necessarily one that will be fixed by being a squeaky wheel.

How much Haribo is too much Haribo?

a 160g bag in a day seems a bit excessive but what if you did that 2 days running?

Hey everyone. I also came here from ERA. Same Username, same avatar. He/Him. Chilean. Longtime Nintendo fan. First gaming system was an Atari 8-bit with OG Donkey Kong. Hope we can have a good time discussing Nintendo and other stuff here.

It's been 2 months since I've been fully vaccinated but going out stills terrifies me.

Hey everyone. I also came here from ERA. Same Username, same avatar. He/Him. Chilean. Longtime Nintendo fan. First gaming system was an Atari 8-bit with OG Donkey Kong. Hope we can have a good time discussing Nintendo and other stuff here.
Welcome aboard! Love the avatar! Wearing a Loud House shirt as we type.

I joined the forum because I had a Famiboards dream.

The dream was that I posted a thread about an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm wherein Larry David and his friends use a multitap to play an eight player versus version of Final Fantasy 1. In that thread, I explained how it was based off of the Wonderswan version.

Hello, I have been banned from Resetera until tomorrow so I am happy this place exists, I don't really understand why because while did do some stupid stuff, I had since apologised for them, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Regularly at random intervals, I think about Jamie Vardy's chat shit get banged tweet and laugh out loud.

That's all.

Absolutely over the MOON Britney Spears is free from her conservatorship after 14 years. Today is a good day!

How is everybody holding up? I'm still sad I'm still baned at ERA somehow even though I only had a two week ban. I miss my fountain pen pals :(

Still, very optimistic/ I feel great, the holiday season is starting and there haven't been a better time to be a videogamefan than now. At the moment working my way through Shin Megami Tensei V, but can't wait to pick up the new Forza Horizon.

I also watch a few episodes of Gamecenter CX every weekend. I just can't get enough of that!

I'm switching iPhones and I really want to use the Quick Start method. Is there any app-specific considerations I should be extra-mindful of before I start, other than Google Authenticator? I don't want any unwelcome surprises.

I'm switching iPhones and I really want to use the Quick Start method. Is there any app-specific considerations I should be extra-mindful of before I start, other than Google Authenticator? I don't want any unwelcome surprises.
Really, backup your whatsapp if you have that. Also check if any cloud services you use are properly synced.

A bit annoyed that my only few months old Razer Basilisk Ultimate mouse already has an issue. The dpi button now has an audible rattle whenever I place the mouse down which got tired quickly considering how many times I lift it slightly to move when I'm using it.

I went running for the first time in like a year. I really should have made more of an effort to keep up the habit.

I got a haircut last week and it was one of the most relaxing experiences I've had in months. I forgot how nice a good haircut can feel. I hope everyone can have a simple luxury like that in their lives.

Hi im new here. From GAF, lurked on ERA.. hope that's cool. Love Nintendo.. Are we allowed to discuss other platforms as well though? I have XSX, OLED and PS5. Really enjoying SMT 5, Eastward and Halo Infinite lately.

Hi im new here. From GAF, lurked on ERA.. hope that's cool. Love Nintendo.. Are we allowed to discuss other platforms as well though? I have XSX, OLED and PS5. Really enjoying SMT 5, Eastward and Halo Infinite lately.

Everyone and everything is welcome here! We have Xbox and PS threads as well that you can follow!

Watched the first episode of the newest season of Inside No 9. Such a good show, I highly recommend everybody go watch it.

I sometimes or often or whatever find myself thinking everything is just pointless going forward?. Anyone else feel that way? I’m just in a very reminiscing kind of state of mind. I find myself just wanting to be in X time period and I miss it. I miss everything. I miss X. It was just the best.

I rewatched Batman Returns for the first time in ages and I just wanna say that I love Tim Burton.

That is all.

I'm way overworked rn. My desk looks like a dump, I'm hardly able to clean, shop, or bake/cook with only two days until the holidays and am on call after work hours as well. I can't wait for these holidays to start.

Just watched Tokyo Godfathers for the first time. Really nice film and better than I was expecting.

Recommend it for a good Christmas watch if anyone's not seen it.
Watching Tokyo Godfathers back in college with some friends was an amazing experience. Listen to this man, go watch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom