• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Chit Chat That Doesn't Have A Home | Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
God this reddit blackout thing is annoying. I'm trying to find out how to do something with Plex and I can't look anything up because the subreddit is still locked.

God this reddit blackout thing is annoying. I'm trying to find out how to do something with Plex and I can't look anything up because the subreddit is still locked.
Eventually those subs will be replaced by splinter subs, or the mods will be replaced by Reddit admins.

Disappointed I wasn't able to get ahold of SH2 (I tried during every restock) or SH3, but I'm very happy to have received this email just now:

LeNoR5n.png

I don't collect vinyls, in fact this will be the only one I have, but the design was just too cool to not have in my general collection.

Hey, I have a question for everyone who’s willing to reply. Is there anyone here who doesn’t consider themselves to be “political” and votes? I’m interested in an opinion or two as held by someone who isn’t at all “into politics”.

With a simple phrase Spain 1up's the world haha!

spain8me6d.jpg

Disappointed I wasn't able to get ahold of SH2 (I tried during every restock) or SH3, but I'm very happy to have received this email just now:

LeNoR5n.png

I don't collect vinyls, in fact this will be the only one I have, but the design was just too cool to not have in my general collection.
I have this and it's awesome

When I signed up for a full year of the Disney+ and Hulu without ads bundle last November, I fully intended to cancel my subscription to Netflix. Well, I didn’t do that until yesterday. My subscription officially ended at midnight on July 22.

I’m sure I’ll sign up again as there are a few Netflix exclusives I enjoy. It just feels weird because I’ve had a persistent subscription since 2010. I haven’t been watching all of these streaming services so one of them had to go.

When I signed up for a full year of the Disney+ and Hulu without ads bundle last November, I fully intended to cancel my subscription to Netflix. Well, I didn’t do that until yesterday. My subscription officially ended at midnight on July 22.

I’m sure I’ll sign up again as there are a few Netflix exclusives I enjoy. It just feels weird because I’ve had a persistent subscription since 2010. I haven’t been watching all of these streaming services so one of them had to go.
Yeah I'm having a hard time figuring what to cancel, too. I was thinking of ditching Netflix after Stranger Things was completed, but then I heard about Beef and loved it. Now Sonic Prime. And soon, the Scott Pilgrim series. There's just enough on Netflix to keep me coming back periodically. Same with Hulu. Same with Disney. 😩

Doctor Who is the only thing stopping me from cancelling Disney+ now. And even then, I might still cancel and just buy a season pass on Amazon or something.

I failed an entrance exam to a master's degree program. I got too nervous and didn't even make it to finish the test.

It felt even worse when I got the results and I only needed one more correct answer to pass the exam.

I got frustrated and hit the gym like a beast for a week to clear my mind. I can take the exam once again in 2 more months, so I got back to studying with a more positive approach.

I just wanted to let it out somewhere.

So I'm finally getting promoted after fighting for it for 3 years and getting almost there in two selections. This time they didn't even open a selection, they just said they wanted me, to which I'm very flattered and happy but I also feel like I kinda sold my soul to the devil lol I already worked both days this weekend and I'm also working on the next one.

I think the money will be worth it and make me very happy and enable a lot of dreams that I wouldn't achieve otherwise (like traveling the world), so overall I'm very very happy. I'm moving to the countryside and will be able to join my husband who also moved there because due to his work recently, so it really feels like it was meant to be, I didn't expect we would be able to live together again so soon.

So I'm finally getting promoted after fighting for it for 3 years and getting almost there in two selections. This time they didn't even open a selection, they just said they wanted me, to which I'm very flattered and happy but I also feel like I kinda sold my soul to the devil lol I already worked both days this weekend and I'm also working on the next one.

I think the money will be worth it and make me very happy and enable a lot of dreams that I wouldn't achieve otherwise (like traveling the world), so overall I'm very very happy. I'm moving to the countryside and will be able to join my husband who also moved there because due to his work recently, so it really feels like it was meant to be, I didn't expect we would be able to live together again so soon.
Congratulations!

(Don’t work too many weekends. -signed, someone who used to work a lot of weekends)

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I accidentally Yahaha!’d a post from weeks ago while scrolling so I’m slowly coming to terms with that.
No worries, I appreciated it ❤️

What's funny is the post you hit is even more relevant now because I just discovered Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on Netflix and I am OBSESSED
it's not as sexist as it sounds

Been playing a couple rounds of billiards in Clubhouse Games every day and I think I would be all the way cool with becoming an Old Billiards Guy in the future

I watched The First Slam Dunk last night. Boy was that an experience and probably one of the best movies I've watched in my life.

If you're into basketball, anime or really good movies, give it a watch!

I watched The First Slam Dunk last night. Boy was that an experience and probably one of the best movies I've watched in my life.

If you're into basketball, anime or really good movies, give it a watch!
Speaking of basketball I hope to have a thread up for the upcoming NBA season sometime in October!

We should analyze what these spam bots are interested in and make the ultimate bot catfishing thread.

So far we have streaming and freight shipping lol.
I still think we should force them all into a single thread, so they can corrupt themselves replying to each other incessantly and trying to parse the increasingly nonsensical posts.

We could make it Famiboards Thunderdrome or something:- five bots enter, but only one can leave.

I still think we should force them all into a single thread, so they can corrupt themselves replying to each other incessantly and trying to parse the increasingly nonsensical posts.

We could make it Famiboards Thunderdrome or something:- five bots enter, but only one can leave.
I know we can threadban users, I wonder if the functionality exists to thread-restrict them lol.

Would be fun to watch, but probably not worth the effort it might take.

I finally reached 12000 miles on my car so time to change my air filters!

IMG-0524.gif

So many feathers…

Apparently, the cabin air filter should be changed every year or 12000 to 15000 miles. This car is almost four years old, and I haven’t been driving much due to working from home. I haven’t once checked the filters. I figured it was fine.

Narrator: It was, in fact, not fine.

I’m still not changing these once a year, but I’ll check them periodically and remove any debris.

I finally reached 12000 miles on my car so time to change my air filters!

IMG-0524.gif

So many feathers…

Apparently, the cabin air filter should be changed every year or 12000 to 15000 miles. This car is almost four years old, and I haven’t been driving much due to working from home. I haven’t once checked the filters. I figured it was fine.

Narrator: It was, in fact, not fine.

I’m still not changing these once a year, but I’ll check them periodically and remove any debris.
The last car I owned started smellin a bit off, so I googled where to find the cabin air filter, pulled the glovebox apart to get to it, and found... a blank slot. Checked forums and apparently that model didn't come with a cabin air filter in the States, even though it was built to accept one. So I bought one and put it in but like... I thought that was weird.

So now my current car is also smelling a bit odd, so I once again googled, and this one isn't even built to accept one. Just.. didn't have one. Pure, unfiltered outdoors have blown through those vents and must continue to do so. 🙃

How bad was yours to access? If you don't wanna dig into it once a year I assume it's a bit of a pain?

The last car I owned started smellin a bit off, so I googled where to find the cabin air filter, pulled the glovebox apart to get to it, and found... a blank slot. Checked forums and apparently that model didn't come with a cabin air filter in the States, even though it was built to accept one. So I bought one and put it in but like... I thought that was weird.

So now my current car is also smelling a bit odd, so I once again googled, and this one isn't even built to accept one. Just.. didn't have one. Pure, unfiltered outdoors have blown through those vents and must continue to do so. 🙃

How bad was yours to access? If you don't wanna dig into it once a year I assume it's a bit of a pain?
The video I watched to show me where the cabin air filter was located had the OEM filter originally installed backwards which could damage the whole system because it blocked air flow. 🤦‍♀️

I didn’t realize some cars were still made without a cabin air filter. Do you ever see debris getting blown into your car?

Like my last car, the cabin air filter in my car is behind the glove box. It’s really easy to access. I don’t want to change the filters yearly because I’m selectively cheap about things. Like I spent more money on a HEPA filter, but I don’t want to spend that much every year unless I inexplicably get to 12000 miles.

The video I watched to show me where the cabin air filter was located had the OEM filter originally installed backwards which could damage the whole system because it blocked air flow. 🤦‍♀️
geez 😑
I didn’t realize some cars were still made without a cabin air filter. Do you ever see debris getting blown into your car?
Well, they probably aren't. My current car is 20 years old. 😅 And I don't really ever see debris but I'm in a relatively debris-free place. Just dust really is all we have to deal with.
Like my last car, the cabin air filter in my car is behind the glove box. It’s really easy to access. I don’t want to change the filters yearly because I’m selectively cheap about things. Like I spent more money on a HEPA filter, but I don’t want to spend that much every year unless I inexplicably get to 12000 miles.
Ah okay, I get ya there. With my last car it took like a half hour of dismantling stuff out of the passenger side often dash to reach it. That's why I didn't wanna do mine yearly. 😅

With humidex it’s 40C / 104F in my area right now. To the many people in the middle of a heat wave, please be safe! Drink an absurd amount of water. I saw several people downtown straight up huddled over / probably having heat stroke this afternoon. Take a break! Walk to a grocery store and spend half an hour picking out veg in the icy cold produce section or something, if you can. Don’t fuck around and find out by jogging at 3PM or something wild like that!

With humidex it’s 40C / 104F in my area right now. To the many people in the middle of a heat wave, please be safe! Drink an absurd amount of water. I saw several people downtown straight up huddled over / probably having heat stroke this afternoon. Take a break! Walk to a grocery store and spend half an hour picking out veg in the icy cold produce section or something, if you can. Don’t fuck around and find out by jogging at 3PM or something wild like that!
Yeah someone passed out from the heat at the US Open yesterday. Which was entirely preventable had they closed the roof on Ashe and turned the AC on.

My town has been fucking hammered by floods lately. Kinda wild being at the center of a natural disaster

Hey, I have a question for everyone who’s willing to reply. Is there anyone here who doesn’t consider themselves to be “political” and votes? I’m interested in an opinion or two as held by someone who isn’t at all “into politics”.
I'm apolitical af personally and honestly have absoultely no interest at all in voting at all whatsoever as long as i'm alive.

Once you go outside in the real world, you'll see most people are focused on themselves taking care of their families and whatnot with personal errands and other shit like that then whats on the news.

Once you go outside in the real world, you'll see most people are focused on themselves taking care of their families and whatnot with personal errands and other shit like that then whats on the news.
Good lord I wish this was my experience. My family and friends my whole life gauge everything by politics. Everything is "too liberal" this and "too liberal" that. Judge my clothing and hair based on how much it makes me "look liberal," judge the entertainment I enjoy because it's "too liberal," tell me not to move to the places I wanna live because "that's where all the liberals are," I've literally had multiple college teachers work "Obama is destroying our country" and "you should all be watching Fox News" into their lectures. Trump hats all over, Trump bumper stickers, Trump flags outside people's houses, and now I'm starting to see people wearing insignia of various groups who did the Jan6 insurrection (mostly the Three Percenters, couple Proud Boys) either on their clothing or on their vehicles. And during covid times all I was hearing around town was how covid didn't exist and it was a liberal conspiracy to make Trump look bad. Local businesses all over town had signs on their doors saying not to wear masks because they "believe in freedom." I had a Trump Train close down the road outside my shop and blow through while people filmed it, and then the whole caravan went and took over a local high school parking lot for a local Trump rally. Hell, I literally had one family member try to convince me that my dad wouldn't be proud of me unless I became more conservative, which is horseshit because my dad isn't like that, but they insisted he's been lying to me this whole time to "protect my liberal heart."

And after looking at what they did on January 6, after looking at their kneecapping of the covid response, the death threats they made to healthcare professionals, the storming of hospitals, the removal of women's rights, the reduction of voting rights, the firing of teachers over material that teaches black history and recognizes LGBT people as humans (hell, a teacher in Texas was just fired for teaching the diary of Anne Frank ffs, and Florida Republicans are passing laws that make it a jailable offense for teachers to teach material they don't like), and complete and utter denial of scientific facts like climate change, I will never, ever go back to "not voting." It's gone way, way, way too far for me to not care anymore.

I failed an entrance exam to a master's degree program. I got too nervous and didn't even make it to finish the test.

It felt even worse when I got the results and I only needed one more correct answer to pass the exam.

I got frustrated and hit the gym like a beast for a week to clear my mind. I can take the exam once again in 2 more months, so I got back to studying with a more positive approach.

I just wanted to let it out somewhere.

I've got an exam in 23 minutes. Let's do this.

I made it!
Now I have to deal with the whole idea of going back to uni in my early 30s lol.

I have a Letterboxd with nearly 400 movies and I haven't rated any of them (or reviewed even half of them either). Do you sometimes struggle to have an opinion or a specific way to rate a movie? How do you rate a movie?

I have a Letterboxd with nearly 400 movies and I haven't rated any of them (or reviewed even half of them either). Do you sometimes struggle to have an opinion or a specific way to rate a movie? How do you rate a movie?

I use Criticker and I don't usually review but I give a quick 1-5 stars. I feel its easier to rate stuff in broad strokes rather than 1-10 or 1-100.

I rate based on my initial feeling and sometimes I change it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom