• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Chit Chat That Doesn't Have A Home | Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
Welcome aboard to the first volume of the Chit Chat That Doesn't Have A Home thread, or CCTDHAH for short.
Feel free to use this thread for all your random chit chat needs. For instance, if you have a thought or two that you don't think deserve their own thread, go ahead and post them in here! No judgement!

The first forum I went on, ragdollsoft, had a thread called "The "Whatever's on your mind" thread.". This reminds me of that

I'm too shy to make an introduction thread for myself so I'll just say hi in here. I'm Donnie, I'm Scottish, I have primarily been a member of the comics community over the years on gaf and then era, but a huge fan of Nintendo and excited to be here. For something random about me, meet Rosie:
E9fiI8QX0AM7EvO

She's a ten year old Yorkie and totally over it. She's excited about the new forum (maybe?)

Last edited:
I’m Red Monster, formerly TwntyOneTwlv on Era and GAF. I like Nintendo and mountain biking and Formula One. I’m excited to be here and can’t wait to waste dozens of hours a week on these boards!

I'm too shy to make an introduction thread for myself so I'll just say hi in here. I'm Donnie, I'm Scottish, I have primarily been a member of the comics community over the years on gaf and then era, but a huge fan of Nintendo and excited to be here. For something random about me, meet Rosie:

She's a ten year old Yorkie and totally over it. She's excited about the new forum (maybe?)

I’m Red Monster, formerly TwntyOneTwlv on Era and GAF. I like Nintendo and mountain biking and Formula One. I’m excited to be here and can’t wait to waste dozens of hours a week on these boards!

Welcome to the forums, friends!

My name is Skittzo, I talk way too much about Eternal Darkness and Divinity Original Sin 2, I have kids whose pictures I will not be sharing and I have a dog whose pictures I will be sharing excessively, as proven below.

EhWod42XgAM0UCs

My name is Skittzo, I talk way too much about Eternal Darkness and Divinity Original Sin 2, I have kids whose pictures I will not be sharing and I have a dog whose pictures I will be sharing excessively, as proven below.

EhWod42XgAM0UCs
Your dog is gorgeous 😍

You guys' dogs are so cute, damn

I'm bellydrum, I joined Era in 2018 for the Nintendo General Discussion, and I started posting in mid-2019.

I've been producing and writing music since I was 16 and the Switch is my favorite console of all time. Oh, I also make a living in cloud software engineering.

The Nintendo Discussion thread is my favorite place on the internet because of the community, so I'm happy to see so many of you here

Your dog is gorgeous, Skittzo. It looks like he smiles for the camera 😂 maybe a pets thread is in order

Not sure if this is the place, but if I want to create an OP to a game (Pokémon Unite), what is the process in this forum? Couldn’t find a thread about this anywhere so I’m asking here!

Not sure if this is the place, but if I want to create an OP to a game (Pokémon Unite), what is the process in this forum? Couldn’t find a thread about this anywhere so I’m asking here!
Just go ahead and make one in the Gaming forum! All you have to do is tag it as a StarTopic

E9fiI8QX0AM7EvO

that's one cute pupper!

Can we request a tag? Or is it done via profile here? I'm still learning the ropes of the website haha.
I had to ask this question in the feedback thread lol. You can change it in your Account details under Custom title.

Hey, just wanted to say, I appreciate everyone putting their trust in me and allowing me to put this forum together, particularly @bellydrum. I know I was a relative stranger, but I'm glad I put the time and effort in, this community is definitely worth it. It's nice to use my otherwise useless knowledge of forum software and site hosting for a good cause.

I'll try to stay around as much as I can post-launch, but ultimately I'm a game developer and can't make this my primary focus. I hope to see Famiboards thrive for many years to come.

Hey, just wanted to say, I appreciate everyone putting their trust in me and allowing me to put this forum together, particularly @bellydrum. I know I was a relative stranger, but I'm glad I put the time and effort in, this community is definitely worth it. It's nice to use my otherwise useless knowledge of forum software and site hosting for a good cause.

I'll try to stay around as much as I can post-launch, but ultimately I'm a game developer and can't make this my primary focus. I hope to see Famiboards thrive for many years to come.
Dude, seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking care of what you have. From allowing initial development on your server, to your extensive knowledge of xenforo, and everything else, this couldn't have happened without you. Thanks again.

Oooh, now this thread, I like. We never really got this kind of thread at the other place. In fact, many of the regional specific ones seemed to die off from the transition from GAF to Era. But they were a great place to do a public chat in.

Oooh, now this thread, I like. We never really got this kind of thread at the other place. In fact, many of the regional specific ones seemed to die off from the transition from GAF to Era. But they were a great place to do a public chat in.
I always loved having a thread like this to just drop a thought or two, get some comments (maybe) and then keep browsing elsewhere.

Anyone here into tea? Getting more into tea lately, gonna buy a gaiwan soon since wookiee told me about it.

Got some grocery store oolong and white tea so I could try them out before investing in loose leafs for them. Trying to drink more non black tea now.

Has this happened for anyone else? It's probably because of the Nintendo-theming, but I keep reading "StarTopic" as "StarTropics" and wonder if there's been some stealth reveal of a big budget remake somewhere...

Anyone wanna help me with how do I insert pictures? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask) I had trouble with it on Era. I used imgur, but it resulted in the imgur "icon" appearing on the picture.

Anyone wanna help me with how do I insert pictures? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask) I had trouble with it on Era. I used imgur, but it resulted in the imgur "icon" appearing on the picture.
Iirc, you don't want to use imgurs share function, but instead do a right click on the picture and open it in a new tab to copy its URL from the adress bar.
On some browsers you get the option to copy the image url without opening it in a new tab first.

I'm Jeff from Australia. The Switch got me back into gaming. Heck I bought eight new games for the system today, indie titles as usual. Aside from gaming I enjoy reading, writing, watching Netflix, films, and the sound of rainfall which soothes my tinnitus.

I often use bixente as an internet moniker as I simply like the name.

I'm on the umpteenth version of my dreadified Orbulon now and I'm still not sure I'm happy with it, send help.

Edit: Okay, I think I've got it now.

Last edited:
Has this happened for anyone else? It's probably because of the Nintendo-theming, but I keep reading "StarTopic" as "StarTropics" and wonder if there's been some stealth reveal of a big budget remake somewhere...
I assume that's the intent.

I've actually never played Star Tropics. I remember I wanted to but ended up getting something else (I want to say it was Final Fantasy, but who knows after like 30 years. NO RAGRETS.

Anyone else still playing the new Quake release? Can't imagine the amount of times I got kicked just when I was about to win.

Anyone interested in starting an NFL thread? I'm terrible about keeping my OPs updated and regularly updating the thread in general but if nobody else wants to make one I guess I can just start a casual NFL chat thread.

Just had two wisdom teeth removed. I've been procrastinating this for like five years, feels pretty good to finally have done it, although it's not really the operation but the recovery I'm dreading.

Just had two wisdom teeth removed. I've been procrastinating this for like five years, feels pretty good to finally have done it, although it's not really the operation but the recovery I'm dreading.

I need to do this soon too…. Don’t want to.

Is youtube unresponsive for anyone else, or is it just me?

Okay, disregard. Everything works on mobile data. Seems I have issues with my router or isp.

Last edited:
What is the evolutionary advantage in the brain releasing DMT right before death?

What’s your processor? Also, make sure to enable TPM in the Bios. At first it wouldn’t install for me because of that.
Yeah, I made sure to check for TPM, but I had that already enabled.

The processor is an AMD, my laptop is 3+ years old at this point. I want to say it's probably an A8, but I can not check right now.
It definitely wasn't on Microsoft's list for supported CPUs, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom