• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Celeste Is The Name of the Main Character in Celeste

No Celeste is the name of the crow that gives Madeline the ability to airdash

Dammit Glow I've been telling you this whole time it's the name of the mountain! Madeline is the main character and I have proof

PXL-20220923-015336609.jpg

Her name is Badeliene and she's not Madeline's GF!

PXL-20220923-015712270.jpg

You know this is true!!
Awesome! My SO and I were rocking are matching Celeste shirts every opportunity we get. I especially like to wear them when hiking or doing outdoorsy things. And come to think of it, they're fitting for stargazing too.

Nintendo is the name of every videogame device there is.

Prove: everybody's parents or grandparents lmao

No the main character is Madeline and the game is about how trans girls can double jump
I'm so tired of people spreading this lie.

It's not about how trans girls can double jump, it's about they can perform an aerial dash!

IT'S NOT THE SAME OK???!!!!!

It's so comfy! I still need to beat the C-Sides but even just beating the game made me feel like I earned the hoodie šŸ˜„
I bought the hoodie before even buying the game, then I bought the game, sucked at it, never played it again, but still keep wearing the hoodie. Thumb holes on the cuffs? A strawberry zipper pull? Place for ID in the right pocket? Great hoodie.

I bought the hoodie before even buying the game, then I bought the game, sucked at it, never played it again, but still keep wearing the hoodie. Thumb holes on the cuffs? A strawberry zipper pull? Place for ID in the right pocket? Great hoodie.
Ha! Fair enough! Hope I didn't sound braggy, wasn't my intent šŸ˜„ FWIW I could never remotely have the skills to play the baseball games you excel at!

lol I saw, and I totally appreciate her saying that canon is nonsense

I for one am establishing canon in my game but she really made it funny
You are establishing chaoticanon, it's different

You know Celeste, we're really the Madeline of us.

I can barely single jump when do I unlock this.
you didnā€™t hallucinate two upward-arcing arrows shimmering in front of you when you slapped on your first estrogen patch??

maybe this is one of those patch-only benefits

That's true and a very good point but I think we can make an exception and say Madeline/Celeste is canonically trans
Oh that? That's locked. Indisputable. Trans Rights, babes.

Maddy moreso means stuff like, "What's Madeline's favorite soda?" or "What's Madeline's height?" The inconsequential stuff not covered in game that doesn't really impact the game or the characters. Like, Ms. McButt loving Mr. Pibb soda doesn't matter, ya know? It just messes with people.

(I assume you get that but why not be explicit lol)

That's true and a very good point but I think we can make an exception and say Madeline/Celeste is canonically trans

I mean, she is, that's indisputable. There's a reason why the official Celeste twitter was rallying fans to vote for Madeline in a "best trans femme character in video games" poll... which she won by a landslide!

you didnā€™t hallucinate two upward-arcing arrows shimmering in front of you when you slapped on your first estrogen patch??

maybe this is one of those patch-only benefits

Injection lets you double jump and aerial dash from the outset

This is also how the inside of my apartment got to be such a mess

Injection lets you double jump and aerial dash from the outset

This is also how the inside of my apartment got to be such a mess
injection is OP, jeez

My favorite character in Pikmin is Pikmin. He is so cool.

ddf1pve-5341cbc9-123e-4135-8d4e-5c2e2fe27e77.png

Wow, very cool. I wish they would make Celeste 2 already but the creator seems to have decided that creating Mario makers levels and random fan games was a better idea. Like seriously, I'm sure the game was a great success so why not give the audience more of that instead of more Makers levels?

Her and the other people who worked on Celeste are making a game called Earthblade.

Also if she wanted to just make Mario Maker levels, good for her! She can do what she wants. I'm happy for her.

Her and the other people who worked on Celeste are making a game called Earthblade.

Also if she wanted to just make Mario Maker levels, good for her! She can do what she wants. I'm happy for her.
Also, making Mario Maker levels is considerably easier than making actual games. She might even find it relaxing!

Ofc, I'm just messing around. (I'm actually a just little salty that I didn't like Mario Maker as much as I thought I would, so this was more about trashing SMM than anything else) Celeste was legendary and it would still kinda sucks if the devs never came back to it, like imagine Hollow Knight and Ori if they never got their amazing follow up game. But overall, it's no biggie and they should do what they want.

Wow, very cool. I wish they would make Celeste 2 already but the creator seems to have decided that creating Mario makers levels and random fan games was a better idea. Like seriously, I'm sure the game was a great success so why not give the audience more of that instead of more Makers levels?
There's a sequel to the original pico-8 Celeste you can play. Maybe someday it'll be expanded into a full game like the orginal; but for now Maddy is working on an original game in Earthblade. Don't see the problem with her making some Mario levels on the side if she clearly enjoys it though!

Couldn't find an OT so I'll post it here : Celeste is joining the Xbox Game Pass.

PLAY THIS GAME.
Yes it is a Die & Retry, BUT it's the best one. I suck at these games yet I finished it with all the strawberries without the (amazing) accessibility features.
It is that good.

The game makes everything it can to tell you that you can do it (it's the theme of the game).

Thanks.

Couldn't find an OT so I'll post it here : Celeste is joining the Xbox Game Pass.

PLAY THIS GAME.
Yes it is a Die & Retry, BUT it's the best one. I suck at these games yet I finished it with all the strawberries without the (amazing) accessibility features.
It is that good.

The game makes everything it can to tell you that you can do it (it's the theme of the game).

Thanks.

Seconding this! Celeste is fantastic, one of my favorite games. It really resonated with me!

Also, in case any of you were wondering, @Phosphorescent Skeleton STILL, to this day refuses to face the truth and admit that the main character is named Madeline. Despite all the proof I've shown her she remains unmoved.

Seconding this! Celeste is fantastic, one of my favorite games. It really resonated with me!

Also, in case any of you were wondering, @Phosphorescent Skeleton STILL, to this day refuses to face the truth and admit that the main character is named Madeline. Despite all the proof I've shown her she remains unmoved.

The existence of Badeline means the protagonist is called Goodeline, clearly.

For those intimidated by the difficulty, thereā€™s also a great assist mode that negates it, while still retaining the spirit of there experience.

I gamedropped Celeste, but what I played of it was super good. I played through the PICO-8 version beforehand, and what a fun little experience that was too! I'll go back to the game eventually. Those B-Sides were brutal.

I gamedropped Celeste, but what I played of it was super good. I played through the PICO-8 version beforehand, and what a fun little experience that was too! I'll go back to the game eventually. Those B-Sides were brutal.

Want the good and/or bad news?

There are C sides

I still need to play the DLC. I had 100% completed the base game twice, but remember the DLC introducing some higher level movement techniques and I just didnā€™t feel like dealing with that at the time.

Never got around to beating Chapter 9, but since I beat everything else, I know I eventually must go back and finish what I started. Damn good game.

not me reading the title and going "well yeah of course" followed by a 5 second pause and "wait a fucking minute-"

iirc Madeline was the name of the strawberries, isn't it?

All the best indie games use the name of the protagonist as their title.
in Celeste you play as the mountain climber Celeste
in cuphead you play as the demon cuphead
In hollow knight you play as the hollow knight
In undertale you play as the cute little girl Undertale
In return of the obra dinn you play as the famous investigator Mr. Return of the obra dinn.
And in katana zero you play as the assassin Zero Katana.
It all makes sense

Celeste on Game Pass, you say? I already finished* it on Switch but maybe this is a good excuse to dive back in on PC...

*i.e. beat the main game, chapter 8, as many B-sides as I could and like a small handful of rooms from the DLC lol

Back
Top Bottom