• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

PlayStation CAPCOM has shut down the servers for Mega Man Powered Up (PSP) , but a fan-made archive has been created to preserve it.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
PSP「ロックマンロックマン」につきまして、「コンストラクション」メニュー内の「つなぐ!」から接続する『ロックマンロックマンWEB』のサービスを2022年11月30日をもって終了させていただきます。

ステージデータのアップロード/ダウンロード、SPデータのダウンロードはできなくなりますが、「つなぐ!」メニュー以外のコンテンツは引き続きお楽しみいただけます。

長らくの間、『ロックマンロックマンWEB』をご利用いただき、誠にありがとうございました。
The annoucement is in Japanese, but in summary. it says that the servers are shutting down on november 30th. all custom stages will no longer available, and the free dlc is going with them.
the dlc is probably the bigger loss here, as Roll (and the twelve seperate alternate costumes she got for some reason.) is only unlockable through that. i believe protoman was available through DLC as well, but that was merely an early unlock and he can be accessed through an offline method as well.
there was also some extra elements for the stage editor too, but the fact you can't share those levels around anymore kind of sucks the fun out of using them.

I didn't even know that game had a stage editor, wow.

I would love Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X HD ports.

it's hard to be upset after 16 years of service when i'm sure barely anyone touched it in the last decade, but it's still bittersweet to see it go

if i remember right, most of these things were just unlock keys so i think sharing save data around should at least keep it accessible in the interim

CAPCOM did some good stuff on the PlayStation Portable, like this game, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, the Power Stone Collection, etc.

Was kinda disappointed that they didn't go beyond the first game, because it was a pretty neat remake I think. Maybe a rerelease one day?

I played this and didn't even know it had a stage editor lol. Was a fun remake, and the chibi 2.5D style was nice even if I prefer the iconic sprites.

Tangential, but if you want to make or play custom Mega Man stages, Mega Man Maker might be of interest...

full archive of every level ever uploaded to the server.

this has been up on the internet archive for a few weeks, but it hasn't really gotten news coverage until now.

this is the raw data as it was listed on the server, and this is said data converted to be playable in-game (note that the game can only detect 30 saved levels at a time) at the cost of file-size.
there's also full documentation on how the game's file formats work, which should be useful for anyone wanting to run a replacement server.

I didn't even know that game had a stage editor, wow.

I would love Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X HD ports.
Oh yeah, they can make a dual remake like MP1/CCFFVII, charging $60. I would buy it likely day 1 lol.

Back
Top Bottom