• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Books |ST| Now You're Reading with POWER

Question: are people here more physical readers or more ereader? I'm like..... 70-30. Mostly physical but I do really like my Kindle.
I'm like 99% physical books. I only really read at home so portability isn't a factor for me, and for a long time my wife worked in library services and got a 60% discount on almost any book! Also, I cannot refuse a deckled edge y'all.

Tangentially book-related, I picked up Shogun with the discussion around the show. I missed this and regret not finishing reading it years ago. Starting over.

Question: are people here more physical readers or more ereader? I'm like..... 70-30. Mostly physical but I do really like my Kindle.
I still purchase my books physically, but honestly, I'm going to say I'm 90% using my Kobo Sage. Outside of the battery life, that thing is a god send.

Mostly digital on my Kobo these days, but we do have a pretty substantial book shelf.
Which Kobo do you use?

Tangentially book-related, I picked up Shogun with the discussion around the show. I missed this and regret not finishing reading it years ago. Starting over.

I want to read it, though I'm wondering how similar it is to the show. If they are super similar I might want to wait awhile to read it.

Welp, got my Lenovo tablet!

The Reader and Readwise app works wonders with a tablet.

100% physical. I received an eReader (Kindle) for Christmas, but I couldn't get into it.

I'm either physical or audiobook - I've never done ereader before. I do drive a lot though so audiobooks are very handy.

I finished Ask Iwata, really nice read if you happen to be a Nintendo fan.

I'm also almost done the third Ascendance of a Bookworm light novel, they are fun reads.

I read the first of the original Thrawn Trilogy, Heir to the Empire, first Star Wars book I've read, it was good!

This is my most recent haul. The top one is missing because I'm currently reading it, heh.
Books2024-A.jpg

I'm really bad at finishing books that I start. However, I managed to finish The Traveling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa, and it was really good. It helped that it wasn't particularly long, and that I could spend 30 minutes or so on work nights to get through each chapter.

I have never posted in this thread before but I’m hoping maybe some of you kind people can help me out.

After playing the game Tails of Iron, where you play as a mouse, and learning about the Redwall series of children’s novels, I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on books that have various animals as the main characters but are a bit more on the adult side? I plan to give the Redwall series a go regardless of their nature as children’s books, but if there are any series out there that are similar I’d love to hear about them.

Back
Top Bottom