• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club BonziBuddy Appreciation |ST| I'd like to tell you a little about myself...

1upmuffin

Sand Pounder
Community Liaison
Bonzi_Buddy.png

I'm sure everyone remembers this cute gorilla that infects your computer, but did anyone actually install Bonzai Buddy?

For those who don't know, BonziBuddy is a "desktop assistant" who does things like "laugh", "sing", and "schedule". It was created in 1999, and updated until 2005. BonziBuddy was often filled with adware and spyware so he was not a very popular gorilla after awhile.

Here's a video of BonziBuddy, he's very annoying.

I literally just learned about this like 5 minutes ago and now there is a thread about it.

Feel like i’m being spied on…..

I literally just learned about this like 5 minutes ago and now there is a thread about it.

Feel like i’m being spied on…..

Maybe your computer has been infected by the purple gorilla.

God I forgot about this cursed thing. I definitely had one of the desktop companions that were derived from bonzibuddy, though. Couldn't even tell you which one! I think my sister had one that was a cute cat.

I didn't expect to see that BonziBuddy made it to 2005, it felt like most people cottoned on to what he was all about pretty quickly. I guess he was a better buddy than I gave him credit for...

professor.gif

I think i'd rather end up with Rensenware on my computer....
C8vp53oXkAEK6Z3.jpg:orig

(Yes, this is real, and notable enough to get a Wikipedia Article.)

God I forgot about this cursed thing. I definitely had one of the desktop companions that were derived from bonzibuddy, though. Couldn't even tell you which one! I think my sister had one that was a cute cat.
Maybe Myfelix?
O3LnKKn.png

hqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom