• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Black Friday/Holiday Sales and Deals Thread: Help Your Fami Grow Their Backlog (Eshop Sales Up)

I’ll have to do a fun pair of pics when everything is in, in a few weeks. Got the gaming batch and the anime batch

Planning on swiping P5R and Nier Automata when I can. I'm at least hoping there'll be more switch games that'll get the black friday treatment later this week.

Oh and AI The somnium files at 8 bucks on eshop is a no brainer (got it with Ghosts 'n Goblins Ressurrection which is 50% off).

Bah, looks like Wal-Mart sold through their Link's Awakening and Mario Party Superstars deal. Kinda bummed about that one since it wasn't live before I started work and didn't bother to check again until now.

Eshop deals live

LOL $4 for Contra Rogue Corps 😂

EDIT: Oooo Target is still price matching on Superstars @ $29.99!

Aight, here's my haul:

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania Digital Deluxe Edition
Toem
Castlevania Advance Collection
Danganronpa 1
Lumines Remastered
Two Point Hospital Jumbo Edition
Cuphead DLC

Danganronpa and Lumines at those prices were a steal.

Eshop deals live

Hm, Quite a few things I’m after. Lumines remastered, Capcom arcade 2nd, Hack Gu(finally hitting 50% off), SD Gundam Battle Alliance( need to wait and see if target hopefully price matches), and Kloana. Couple other tempting things. I’d imagine more Stuff will go on sale tomorrow that is just general sales for BF week not tied to the event

damn, none of the Xenoblade games getting the Black Friday treatment? ):
It’s funny that Definitive edition isn’t popping up since I’ve seen it go as low as 30 frequently.

Digitally of course it’s a different story. Rare to see 1st party not be more then 33% lol.

Happens. But not enough.

Oh nice, the Mario Party Superstars sale extends to digital! 50% off, bought! (Target)

Bah, looks like Wal-Mart sold through their Link's Awakening and Mario Party Superstars deal. Kinda bummed about that one since it wasn't live before I started work and didn't bother to check again until now.
FYI MP is still in stock at Target, physical and digital

Target Deals
Since Target deals are being discussed, I'll threadmark a link to the site and list of few games on sale

Mario Party Superstarts - $30
Breath of the Wild - $30
Sonic Frontiers - $35
Skyward Sword - $40
Sonic Mania & Team Sonic Racing bundle - $25
Pac-Man World Repac - $20
It Takes Two - $30
No Man's Sky - $40
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - $15
Atari 50 - $30
Demon Slayer - $40
Bravely Default II - $40

I hope New Pokemon Snap drops down to $30 digitally somewhere too, I'd bite.

Since Target deals are being discussed, I'll threadmark a link to the site and list of few games on sale

Mario Party Superstarts - $30
Breath of the Wild - $30
Sonic Frontiers - $35
Skyward Sword - $40
Sonic Mania & Team Sonic Racing bundle - $25
Pac-Man World Repac - $20
It Takes Two - $30
No Man's Sky - $40
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - $15
Atari 50 - $30
Demon Slayer - $40
Bravely Default II - $40
I’m currently annoyed they arent marching Sd Gundam battle alliance digitally. I have credit but I can’t use it on an Eshop card!

Wow MHR Rise and Sunreak for $40 is a wild deal. I have MH Rise physically but it's definitely a digital type game for me (hop in, do a few battles, out). Going to sell physical copy and get that since I don't have Sunbreak anyway.

Bought Risk of Rain 2 for ~$7 on the eShop, it's a great port. 60 FPS with gyro aiming. Feels like a steal.

Those 30% first party sales aren't huge, but I really miss them when looking at the price history for Famicom Detective Club.
tePMtmM.jpg

Those 30% first party sales aren't huge, but I really miss them when looking at the price history for Famicom Detective Club.
tePMtmM.jpg

lol I swear Nintendo is doing it on purpose because they know a lot of people don't think this game is worth full price

Hm not sure what I’m going to do. Target isn’t price matching the sd Gundam sale and there’s not much left there I want to use my $50 gift card on but I can’t use it on Eshop cred. This sucks

I got Nier Automata and P5R locked as pickups, can't see if anything else is gonna be worth it unless they announce more later this week before Black Friday.

Imma be sad if they don't have the Xenoblade series getting the Black Friday treatment ):

tePMtmM.jpg
A $5 sale would be enough for me to jump on it at this point lol
lol I swear Nintendo is doing it on purpose because they know a lot of people don't think this game is worth full price
FWIW I think I remember reading that these games may never be discounted or go in sale because of the way the bundle pricing is set up on the eShop.

Well since they didn’t match the sd Gundam Eshop deal I used my target credit for Taiko festival, Monkey ball and HG Heavyarms instead.

I am officially done game hunting, grabbed SD Gundam Battle Alliance, Hack Gu, and Capcom arcade stadium 2nd bundle. I am at the limit of my budget for hunting and the limit of how many games I’m willing to torture myself with in my backlog XD

FWIW I think I remember reading that these games may never be discounted or go in sale because of the way the bundle pricing is set up on the eShop.
Is that the curse that has fallen on Bayonetta too?

LOL $4 for Contra Rogue Corps 😂

EDIT: Oooo Target is still price matching on Superstars @ $29.99!
Link's Awakening at least might've restocked by tonight? As I'm fairly sure that it's a physical copy that I placed an order for a few hours ago.

I think I’m done with BF deals now.
My final physical game haul is most likely
Kamiwaza $30
Pacman world repac $20
Kirby forgotten land 40(GameFly)
Live a live 35 (gamefly)
Monkey ball banana mania 15
Taiko no Tatsu festival 25
Persona 5 R $30
Ai Nirvana $20
All for switch.
Also grabbed the Series S target deal.
For digital I grabbed(on switch)
SD Gundam battle alliance
Capcom 2nd Arcade stadium
.hack GU

Ordered 8 posters from Displate
Ordered a bunch of anime from RSA and Sentaifilmworks. (I’ll post a pic when they’re all in)
I think I’m just about done

So tempted by ACNH at $29, but I've already bought more games than I was planning to. Hoping beyond hope that price comes again next year.

Fake edit: What I'm learning about myself this week is that I have no self restraint. Animal Crossing acquired. It's just a shame I had to give business to Walmart to get the deal, lol.

Got Nier Automata for $20 on Best Buy and Sonic Frontiers for $30 on Amazon (both Switch) so I’m already super happy with my haul this year!

Just got Castlevania Advance Collection. Good deal!

I played the heck out of P5 vanilla in 2019 and then P5R in 2020 so I figured I wouldn't buy it again, but man $30 in some places is making it tempting. I'm gonna try to resist and grab something I haven't played instead.

Not exactly a gaming thing, but I recently basically gave up looking for one of the remaining 4K3D sets and instead started looking at modern 4K120 sets. Seems like the LG C1 and C2 series are pretty highly recommended, and along with prices coming down from where they were earlier in the year the C2s at Amazon currently have 10% off when purchased with the Amazon Visa rather than the regular 5% for anything at the store, so it's looking pretty appealing.

Just Dance 2023 is $30 on Amazon US:

Note that this uses a new infrastructure -- the base app is now F2P so you're really buying the 2023 track set as a DLC code. JD Unlimited is being retired and replaced with JD Plus.

would there be any chance of additional switch games getting the black friday treatment at the last moment before BF? Mainly since this just feels small as usual.

would there be any chance of additional switch games getting the black friday treatment at the last moment before BF? Mainly since this just feels small as usual.

On Thursday there might be more games on sale as part of the weekly sales update but as for deals for Nintendo games, this is probably it. They might do a Game Awards sale and maybe one right before Christmas.

On Thursday there might be more games on sale as part of the weekly sales update but as for deals for Nintendo games, this is probably it. They might do a Game Awards sale and maybe one right before Christmas.
that's a shame. Was hoping Xenoblade might be there again but I guess not.

TFW when you are out of the area until Saturday and Walmart delivered your order to the building lobby without a box 😱

Back
Top Bottom