• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Black Friday/Holiday Sales and Deals Thread: Help Your Fami Grow Their Backlog (Eshop Sales Up)

Target is going to have P5R switch at $30. If Amazon matches I’ll consider
slight eye twitch
I pulled the trigger on the B2G1, thus I got P5R for functionally $40. Oh well, the other two games were Triangle Strategy and... a pre-order for day 1 edition of Trinity Trigger. On the whole, still worked out fine.

Best Buy's Total Tech sales as started. I think it's only available for Best Buy members at the moment but it should open up for everyone soon.

Is there any hope of a deal better than Dell's for the Switch OLED? (If you can't click the link, it's $350 but includes a $75 Dell gift card that I'd probably use for a Pro Controller.) Or should I just pull the trigger now?
They had a misprice the other week of the OLED, New Super Mario Bros. U DX, a Pro Controller, and the $75 Gift Card for $350. So they might eventually put that up again, but I think the one you linked is the corrected one for this holiday and I can't imagine it going lower anywhere else.

Elden Ring for $35 and Sonic Frontiers for $30 at Walmart

Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes also $35! Looks like it might be digital only, though.

Gotta go fast but not gonna buy fast. Some Sonic fan you are. When Sega changes up the Sonic formula once again due to not getting enough money with Frontiers, it will be all your fault.
Sega evidently doesn't need my help 😉

Yeah, Europe always gets it before the Americas, not fair haha I'll take a lot on what's on sale i can plan what I'm gonna buy
It’s next Tuesday in the NA usually I think? I’m hoping for sd Gundam battle alliance to get a sale like the Xbox one. And for target to match it so I can use my credit there

Nabbed P5R and Nirvana on the Best Buy deal. Still need to play the first AI game XD. I am officially done with physical game deals XD

At this point, the only deals that I'm really following (barring something crazy) are for Live A Live and Pokemon Legends. Nothing else really interests me enough to buy at this stage.

EU / German folks:

Check Amazon, Media Markt and Saturn, to my surprise they have decent offers this year,

Sonic Frontiers for 36€, all platforms.
Neo TWEWY for 20€, Switch.
Nier Automata Switch for 30€.

Just a few examples.

At this point, the only deals that I'm really following (barring something crazy) are for Live A Live and Pokemon Legends. Nothing else really interests me enough to buy at this stage.
I just got Kirby and LaL used from GameFly myself

I'm still hoping there'll be more added to the list of switch games going on sale for Black Friday.

If anyone wants some cool posters, displate’s BF deal is live

IMG_6170.png

I grabbed 8 myself

I'll be looking for Kirby star allies for Christmas for my son. It's 45 now on a few retailers - is that the normal price now? I'm assuming I should wait a bit for a sale

I'll be looking for Kirby star allies for Christmas for my son. It's 45 now on a few retailers - is that the normal price now? I'm assuming I should wait a bit for a sale
It usually gets down to at least $40 when on sale. Not sure if it will be a part of anything this year though.

too bad Xenoblade 3 likely wont be one of the switch games getting a price cut on Black Friday. FeelsBad

Well the Black Friday sales in the Netherlands are pretty ho-hum…

Still, Amazon.nl has the Quarry discounted to 24,95 (next gen versions) and 18,95 (PS4/Xbox One versions).

Nedgame has the code in a box versions of Doom and Wolfenstein II the New Colossus for € 15 on the website

I already did a batch in their sale a few weeks Back so I’m waiting to see if RSA matches the one or two I want but this should be useful for others

Rightstuff anime’s BF deal starts tomorrow

I already did a batch in their sale a few weeks Back so I’m waiting to see if RSA matches the one or two I want but this should be useful for others

Rightstuff anime’s BF deal starts tomorrow

Reminds me that my HiDive sub is up at the end of December. I got a year sub for like $20 or $25 last year. Not sure if I'll resub since a lot of the shows I was interested in premiered this year and they probably won't be back for new seasons for a while.

Reminds me that my HiDive sub is up at the end of December. I got a year sub for like $20 or $25 last year. Not sure if I'll resub since a lot of the shows I was interested in premiered this year and they probably won't be back for new seasons for a while.
They just announced a ton of major pickups fyi

Ugh the 1$ deals got me so I got the 2 big things I wanted and tagged on some fun stuff

IMG_6177.png

Target deals are OK. Going to try and grab Mario Party Superstars for $30 and Cowabunga Collection for $20.

Neo The World Ends With You is $20 on Switch at Best Buy.

My 2021 game of the year, can’t recommend it enough.

Grabbed WarioWare for $29 and Guardians of the Galaxy for $15. At this point, I’m just waiting to see what the indie sales are on the eShop and what the Steam sale looks like to wrap up my spending spree.

I feel like Valkyrie Elysium will drop to 20-25 soon enough.

Diofield I was hoping to be under 30 by now lol

P5R, Cowabunga Collection, and Nier Automata being half off at Target stings after doing their B2G1 sale a couple weeks back. Oh well.

I always find the B2G1 deals to be a trap. Most items will at least the same discount if not more just a few weeks later.
They’re good for Nintendo published games (since those rarely dip below 33% anyway) and reorders. Getting RE4 for $40 made it 100% worth it for me.

They’re good for Nintendo published games (since those rarely dip below 33% anyway) and reorders. Getting RE4 for $40 made it 100% worth it for me.
Yeah. It’s a guessing game with switch. I basically made out about even getting the games I did on that sale, so whatever. If it’s Nintendo published though it almost always works out to be worth it.

Grabbed WarioWare for $29 and Guardians of the Galaxy for $15. At this point, I’m just waiting to see what the indie sales are on the eShop and what the Steam sale looks like to wrap up my spending spree.
Scratch that, I caved and picked up Stray for $30 physical. Wanna see what the fuss is all about.

I ended up getting Sonic Origins Deluxe on Xbox for $22, and Red Dead Redemption 2 on PSN for $20. And then a couple weeks ago I used Target’s B2G1 to get Pac-Man World, Stranger of Paradise, and a preorder for RE4R. Not too bad a haul for Black Friday season.

Tales of Arise is on sale for $20 and that’s tempting, but I think it would just end up as backlog fodder so I’m gonna pass. If there’s a good sale on MX vs ATV Legends digitally I’ll probably jump on that.

Main thing I’m looking for is the Mario and Rabbids expected discount. Will also try to grab Sonic Origins.

Going in on the PS4, looking to shore up my library for a bit. I figure after this I'll be good for a long while.
-Horizon Forbidden West -30 at psn
-Gran Turismo 7 -30 at psn
-Far Cry 6 - cheap physical copy
-Red Dead Redemption 2 (probably....) - cheap physical copy
-Another year of PS Plus. I use it. -whereever it's cheepest

Not looking for a PS5 or Xbox until at least 2024 and my gaming PC is basically in maintenance mode (with an I7 3770, RX 470, I don't have the money nor will for an entirely new system, Windows 10 is good til 2025 anyway)

Just bought Persona 5 Royal and NieR Automata together for €60. I'm probably not going to have time to play them in the coming year, but it was a good deal and who knows how rare these are going to be.

I had almost bought Triangle Strategy for €17, but it was sold out before I got around to it.

Back
Top Bottom