• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Blåhaj: The Official Thread of the Shark

Clov

An ethernet cable girlfriend
Pronouns
She/Her
ikeas-blahaj-shark.jpg

Welcome to the official appreciation thread of Blåhaj, the lovable transgender shark! Feel free to use this thread to post your appreciation of Blåhaj, adore and worship Blåhaj, and post cute pictures of Blåhaj (including your own, if you have one!).

Who or What is Blåhaj?
623b20a4c9edc20019f5edae

Blåhaj is a stuffed toy sold at Ikea! They're a very cute and cuddly stuffed shark. You can find one at almost any Ikea worldwide.

What's with Blåhaj?

They're cute! People love posing Blåhaj in all sorts of situations, mundane or silly. Ikea Japan even uses them as a sort of mascot, and made a small video series about the shark as a real estate agent. There's another reason of course, which our next section will cover...

Why do trans people like Blåhaj so much?

The same reason anyone else does! But also, Blåhaj has been used by Ikea themselves to officially support the LGBTQ community.

That's all! Enjoy posting Blåhaj!

Last edited:
for anyone who's still confused about the origin of blåhaj as a trans symbol, from my understanding it started simply because it's blue and white with a very prominent pink mouth.

next time I'm at an ikea I'm gonna find one, just for fun

for anyone who's still confused about the origin of blåhaj as a trans symbol, from my understanding it started simply because it's blue and white with a very prominent pink mouth.

Seriously, even if you're not doing it for the trans rights, It's also a very cute shark.

This is the kind of content I joined for!

H9l91iY.png

My Blåhaj approves of this thread.

What a cute shark! I gotta post pictures of mine here later.

That's also true! That's probably how it started taking off. Hope you can find your own shark soon!

Here's a picture of my own!

PXL-20220208-121459582.jpg

This is from the day I got my own Blåhaj! Their name is Chompers. I also picked up some matching entertainment. I feel like they probably didn't enjoy the ending, but there's no pleasing everyone.

Here's a picture of my own!

PXL-20220208-121459582.jpg

This is from the day I got my own Blåhaj! Their name is Chompers. I also picked up some matching entertainment. I feel like they probably didn't enjoy the ending, but there's no pleasing everyone.

That's a big chompy!

oh shit are they gonna take my trans card for not having a Blåhaj

Refloating this thread with a very important update: My local Spanish Ikea finally has Big Blåhaj️ after years of only having Small Blåhaj.

photo-2024-04-16-19-19-57.jpg

Back
Top Bottom