• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Bayonetta 3 | A Love-In With The Coven

big lantern ghost

the notorious blg
Pronouns
he/him
kaccodO.png

THAT’S AMORE

After an eight year wait, see what Bayonetta and friends are up to! Play as everyone’s favourite umbral witch, her partner Jeanne and newcomer Viola as you blast homunculi ass across the multiverse, meeting the other “Bayonettas” along the way. Summon your building-sized demons to throw down on your behalf. Hear Enzo shout “Muthafuckaaaa!” It’s time!

BdjR0FV.jpg

AG93Aut.jpg

x8ClJjY.jpg

Can’t wait! Bayonetta 3 is easily the game I’m most excited about for the rest of the year and gets top priority for me :)

Man this is going to be bonkers! Cant wait, sadly unless it arrives early (like today) I wont be able to play until sunday.
Despite already rolling 6+ games I know this will be the next game I beat hah.

• Game Modes
    • Naive Angel Mode, which can be activated to lower the amount of violence and sexual content, can now be used in more scenes. Also, Naive Angel Mode can now be activated when starting the game for the first time.
    • After starting the game, you can change the Naive Angel Mode setting from “Options > “Screen Display”. However, you cannot do so while in the middle of a chapter. You can change it either from the Title Screen or from “Options” in “Chapter Menu”.

• High-scores and best times can now be uploaded in the “Online Leaderboards” section.
    • Here’s the various ways to upload your high-scores and best times:
    • Press the + button on the result screen after clearing a chapter
    • Select a chapter you’ve cleared as well as the difficulty level in “Chapter Menu” → “Online Leaderboards” and press the + button
    • Select a chapter you’ve cleared in “Chapter Menu” → “Play History” and press the + button
    • If you obtain a “Platinum” rating for your score or time before downloading this update, the score or time will be adjusted to match the target value of the “Platinum” rating
    • The “Total Time” for each chapter will be revised if your time is faster than the target value.

• General
    • Game balance has been adjusted.
    • Other adjustments were made to improve the game play experience.

Constantly looking at my gmail inbox if either the shipped Bayo 1 physical arrived at home or of my Bayo 3 CE has arrived at the store i chose for in-store-pickup.

My copy arrives on November 9 (thanks, Amazon Italy!) so I'll be patiently waiting. I'm pumped again, after some reviews yesterday left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Let's gooooo

Second time writing about something here helps, just got the mail that i my CE is ready for pick-up. Gonna head there after work,

But Karma also striked, wife texted me that my grandfather needs my help this evening, so i won't be able to play it today. ^^

I just hope the gray market here doesn't take too long to start selling copies of this game… Nintendo announced they'll start selling physical copies of Switch games in Brasil, but Bayonetta 3 wasn't among the listed games. :/

This and TotK I want to buy physical.

I just checked my Trinity Masquerade edition on Best Buy, and it is in the preparing state! I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow so I'm excited.

Last edited:
BEAUTIFUL!

I bought a (second-hand) XBox 360 only for Bayonetta 1. It was the only game I had for that console. I still have the console in a box somewhere and it remains untainted to this day having only been used to play Bayo1.
Then I got Bayo 1 & 2 for WiiU. To this day I still remember Rodin in 2 being the hardest challenge I've achieved in any game. It took me almost a week, 2-3 hours per day until I could beat him, but he fell!
And then I got Bayo 1 & 2 for Switch again. At this point Bayo1 is the game I've bought the most times. Bayo2 is probably the second one.

It seems surreal that tomorrow I'll finally be getting my hands on Bayo3! Let's go boys!!!!!

Last edited:
Winters here and I don't have any travel booked for the rest of the year. I'm now back in gamer mode and will be devoting a lot of time to new releases such as Bayo 3, Xeno 3, Splat 3 and Pokemon. I wish GoW was a day and date PC drop.

Bayo 3 dropping tomorrow feels realer than ever with Hashimoto giving words about the series.

Not DF but it gives a decent idea of performance in Chapter 1 at the 9:00 mark and on.

Prepare your expectations!

Oh, no explicit story spoilers.

Just played through the first hour.

So far, it's awesome! The series' signature style is every bit as gloriously outrageous and fun as the first two games, the action still feels fantastic, Hale kills it in the lead role, and even 13 years after its debut, there's still nothing quite like Bayonetta.
Can't wait to see where it goes from here! :)

How does the back of the box cover look like? I'm trying to find out how it looks like but can't find any images without the fear of spoilers lol.

Went to pick up my CE yesterday, clerk was surprised where i got the in-store-pick-up ticket from, as they were instructed to only hand it out today, but he couldn't really do anything since i was there with a legit ticket.

Had this at home the whole evening ... but couldn't play as i had to help my grandfather fix his heating.

Maybe tonight.

Tomorrow my LE and I can't wait!

NOW IF ONLY THEY'D INCLUDE THAT STEELBOOK! 😭

InfiniteSerpentineAmericansaddlebred-size_restricted.gif

I got the Steelbook as an extra when i picked up my CE yesterday, maybe it was a special extra from the store i ordered it at?

Welp, since my physical copy will arrive around 31st of December, I guess I'll just cancel my preorder and get it digitally.

I love train Bayonetta. This is probably the most deranged the series has ever been, which is a good thing.

I could only play 20 minutes, loving it already :D

Does anyone know what use does the "quick demon despawn" have? I mean, if you release ZL you'll stop the summon, so what's different from that?

I picked up the game (after standing in a queue of young men all buying some presumably new Call of Duty), but do not know when I'll have the time to actually play it. Switch portability definitely helps.

I could only play 20 minutes, loving it already :D

Does anyone know what use does the "quick demon despawn" have? I mean, if you release ZL you'll stop the summon, so what's different from that?
You can buffer moves for the demons, so that when you release ZL they keep attacking until the buffered moves are executed and only then they'll despawn. The quick despawn lets you despawn them mid-buffer.

My version with the Pre-order Steelbook just arrived, naisu.
A free Steelbook is a very nice preorder.
I also have the Collector's Edition coming, it is actually in-stock in places here at release and has been all day. It really feels like Swedish online stores gets a lot of CE's for games despite not always being a 'big Nintendo' country.
At least it makes it easier for me to get the fancy stuff

You can buffer moves for the demons, so that when you release ZL they keep attacking until the buffered moves are executed and only then they'll despawn. The quick despawn lets you despawn them mid-buffer.
I see, I thought they would despawn instantly when you release ZL even if they're mid-buffer, but this makes much more sense. Thanks!

How's the story so far? Specifically, does it retain the sense of humor mostly present in part 1?

I'm a bit on the fence about this game because while I do trust Platinum's gameplay, 2's story left me disappointed.

While some people like to scoff at nonsensical story of 1, I think the pacing of its cutscenes was incredible. I can recount nearly every single cutscene and remember something funny happening. The graveryard, Enzo's Car, Jet in slow time, "Bust a cap in yo' ass", Jeanne on the motorcycle, Meeting with Luka, First boss, another Luka meet, another badass Jeanne meeting, an angel that takes a liking to Cereza, Pissing Boy statue and the second (I think it was the second?) boss, 2 more Jeanne fights, Route 66, Water boss, Helicopter and missiles, Luka's Escape, "Don't fuck with the witch", entire last boss...

2 had a lot of walking and talking, LORE, and anime-esque "But what IS happening?!", and while 1 had that, it was basically a second-long flashback to Bayo's past or Luka screaming "Father!".

Is the story more batshit insane like 1 or trying to be more serious and coherent like 2?

How's the story so far? Specifically, does it retain the sense of humor mostly present in part 1?

I'm a bit on the fence about this game because while I do trust Platinum's gameplay, 2's story left me disappointed.

While some people like to scoff at nonsensical story of 1, I think the pacing of its cutscenes was incredible. I can recount nearly every single cutscene and remember something funny happening. The graveryard, Enzo's Car, Jet in slow time, "Bust a cap in yo' ass", Jeanne on the motorcycle, Meeting with Luka, First boss, another Luka meet, another badass Jeanne meeting, an angel that takes a liking to Cereza, Pissing Boy statue and the second (I think it was the second?) boss, 2 more Jeanne fights, Route 66, Water boss, Helicopter and missiles, Luka's Escape, "Don't fuck with the witch", entire last boss...

2 had a lot of walking and talking, LORE, and anime-esque "But what IS happening?!", and while 1 had that, it was basically a second-long flashback to Bayo's past or Luka screaming "Father!".

Is the story more batshit insane like 1 or trying to be more serious and coherent like 2?
I would say this game is definitely the sequel to Bayonetta 2, but I never thought Bayonetta 2 was serious or coherent. There are lots of segments where your character is forced to walk as story dialogue happens though, and long exposition cutscenes if that helps you at all. But again definitely not serious

Absolute torture waiting for my copy to be delivered by Amazon. 🥲

If this helps you, it's better waiting for it to arrive than having it at home since after work yesterday but being unable to play due to family obligations and work and maybe another set of family obligations tonight. :D

Back
Top Bottom