• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, leaked/streetdate broken copies are started to circulate around now, and so is very legit footage of the game itself on Youtube.

So, if you care about not being spoiled about gameplay/story details...you know what to do!

watched the first 10 minutes. game looks fucking amazing.
also i expect with the game leaking a lot of people are going to magically receive their copies early and start playing.

I'm so hyped, man. 1 week...

Tiktok is getting in on the Bayo hype now?

Edit: I caved...I looked at some of the leaked gameplay on Youtube. At least we know what the moon-themed song will be.
A more upbeat Bayonetta-styled rendition of Moonlight Serenade

Do you have a link for the song specifically (hidden under spoiler-tags of course)?

Edit: Nevermind, found it myself.

Edit: I caved...I looked at some of the leaked gameplay on Youtube. At least we know what the moon-themed song will be.
A more upbeat Bayonetta-styled rendition of Moonlight Serenade
That's a pretty good pick. I'm not gonna look up the cover but I had to know what they'd go with and I can easily imagine this in Bayonetta style. Glad they're keeping up the tradition.

Preload is up!

2022102100334700-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
what is the download size?

are people good with marked spoilers here or should we start a spoiler thread?

edit: watched the 30 min video as well. holy fucking shit

Can you kindly share the link or lead me in the right direction?
Would love a little 30 minute spoiling.

(I have the digital and CE pre-ordered!)

this is the kind of game that can be beaten in a day, full playthrough will likely be out tomorrow unless it’s way longer (or harder) than B1 or 2

just it looking really good, this is exactly what i wanted in a sequel.

God it looks so good. I just watched it, while scrubbing through not to see *too much.

The level and enemy design in Bayonetta are so damn epic. There's nothing else like it. And Bayo 3 looks to continue that trend with even more ambition.

I can't wait. I'm actually appreciative that they kept a short timeframe between promotion/release date reveal and actual release date. It was kind of nice to have forgotten about Bayo3's announcement in 2017 until now, because the hype is real.

I think 90+ MC is a very real possibility.

one thing i'm a bit iffy on is the enemy design (not really spoilers since we've seem them all over the previews and trailers), just seems like a step down after demons and angels of 1 and 2. i hope we get to see more variety because i don't think this aesthetic in enemy design is enough for a whole game.

one thing i'm a bit iffy on is the enemy design (not really spoilers since we've seem them all over the previews and trailers), just seems like a step down after demons and angels of 1 and 2. i hope we get to see more variety because i don't think this aesthetic in enemy design is enough for a whole game.
I also hope like B2 added new angels in addition to the demons, we’ll get new enemies from both factions in 3

Is there any reupload of those two videos? Seems like I barely missed out.

EDIT: I was mainly looking for the song and I found a YouTube upload, if anyone else wants it.

i'm sure someone's saved them, they probably will pop on youtube if they haven't already.

That's a pretty good pick. I'm not gonna look up the cover but I had to know what they'd go with and I can easily imagine this in Bayonetta style. Glad they're keeping up the tradition.
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised, it's really good.

I hope someone uploads a clean rip of the song this weekend.

Also another thing about the prologue: That 2017 teaser is really still in the game more or less, I'm impressed!

It’s hard to tell if what we’ve see is a significant part of the game or just the first few verses/stages. It feels like we’ve seen a lot of media based on the New York setting but not much else.

As for the enemy designs, I like the teal colour. It lends itself to a colour scheme that I don’t think any game has really used and PG embraces the arguably clashing aesthetic with a maximalist ambition that I can’t help but endear.

But I do agree, fighting tech-monsters from the future isn’t as cool (yet) as fighting demons and angels. But after DMCV’s pathetic enemy variety, I’m already satisfied with what I’ve seen and I think we’ll still see some epic bosses. Even the boss in that leaked 30min video was very cool (reminded me of a gloober from Mario Sunshine — but in Bayo style)

Also another thing about the prologue: That 2017 teaser is really still in the game more or less, I'm impressed!
yeah that really surprised me. kamiya has been talking over the years about that being an important detail so i'm happy that it's still there.

Even the boss in that leaked 30min video was very cool (reminded me of a gloober from Mario Sunshine — but in Bayo style)
that and also it gave me splatoon boss fight vibes for some reason, lol

Last edited:
As a long time DMC fan, I had to smile at the idea of how...

...the idea of there now being a "Viola Redgrave" tickles me to no end.

As most people know the story by now, Devil May Cry was originally going to be Resident Evil 4, and its main character was going to be a sword-wielding paranormal investigator named Tony Redgrave.

Now, here we are, more than twenty years later...and we look to have a sword-wielding investigator (of different dimensions!) named Viola Redgrave.

I also believe Kamiya said a looooong time ago that if he ever got to make his ideal DMC sequel, it wouldn't star Dante, and may have moved on to his descendant. I think this is a very "cute" way of continuing that idea. At least in spirit!

Speaking of DMC references...everything about Bayonetta's encounter with Phantasmaraneae, from the dialogue, to the opening chords of Phantom's boss battle starting up? umbra_witch_kiss.png

The costumes from the different Bayonetta better be unlockable. I wanna do combos in that decked out Chinese outfit.

They will probably save that 90+ score for God of War because... reasons.

As far as I know embargo is over on Tuesday, so we’ll see then.

I just think there is some gamer headspace where a Switch game can’t be perfect 10 because of technical shortcomings and Zelda:TOTK will be saved for that top spot.

But then again the whole VA fiasco and the game being a labour of love might get some extra credit from critics.

I just think it’s interesting because there’s a lot of external influences at play here.

I suggest it actually manages to scrounge up a 90+, if only because reviewers who would score it lower are busy boycotting.

This is meant to be completely non judgmental, but I'm curious if someone can make an argument to me-- why do metascores matter to folks? I tend to see a discussion about that here and elsewhere in the lead up to a game's release. I get that aggregate scores are more of a gauge of a game's quality than an individual review, but it's still only a sampling of an ultimately limited amount of opinions, right?

For something like Bayo 3, I can see the last week changing its metascore in a way we'll never be able to really gauge. But, I don't think I have any reason to doubt it will be a great time, given how I loved 1 and 2. So to me, I'm not really interested in knowing what score it gets (I am interested how I'll personally view it compared to the first two though)

I think it's fun sometimes when a game I like has a nice score, but I've run into several cases where many reviews universally said something was awful only for me to find it something I'd rank 80+ by my personal standards. Think that's also why I don't place much value on what the consensus among reviewers is

Anyway, truly non judgmental. I'm just curious if anyone has an argument/pov for why they place value on the discussion of an upcoming game's metascore. There could be an element I'm not empathizing with and I'm happy to hear opinions on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom