• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rated M for Violence, Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Strong Language. In game purchases.
thanks, it's working now. maybe it was showing a cached version for me.

screenshot2022-07-12azjjb3.png

This is totally one of the Fall tent-poles (hopefully alongside Prime Remake).
Direct any day(month) now ...

Semi-related note, still bemoan the lack of Climax Edition release in the US.

I always wondered why a market as large as the US can't get releases like Climax Edition, or the Famicom Detective Club physical.

It might not be realistic, but it would be cool for Nintendo to have an open pre-order period. With the caveat, and to help prevent scalpage, that there is like a $10 non-refundable deposit. Another idea to make it more feasible from a business perspective is to tell the customer upfront that the final price will fall within a specific range, and will depend on the ultimate number of pre-orders racked.
Ofc, the design and all the goodies of the release will be presented so people will have a clear idea what is in the package.

i wouldn't worry too much about the IAP. it says that for a lot of games, it may just be some cosmetic bonus items for pre-order/etc.

same, never doubted 2022. i think it's been ready for a while, just waiting to be released. that's probably why kamiya seems a bit frustrated with nintendo.

same, never doubted 2022. i think it's been ready for a while, just waiting to be released. that's probably why kamiya seems a bit frustrated with nintendo.

Yep, that's where I've been at too. Kamiya even tried to speak between the lines by saying "Hey maybe you should play Bayo 1 and 2 before 3 releases wink nudge" lol

Twitter drop tomorrow?

I know some random twitter people are hyping tomorrow up but maybe, I would love that. I think we're getting everything 1st party for the rest of the year except for MK8D Booster DLC Wave 3 and perhaps Mario Strikers stuff this month.

Last edited:
I always find it funny how much stricter is the american ESRB on sexual content compared to the european PEGI.

This is totally one of the Fall tent-poles (hopefully alongside Prime Remake).
Direct any day(month) now ...

Semi-related note, still bemoan the lack of Climax Edition release in the US.

I always wondered why a market as large as the US can't get releases like Climax Edition, or the Famicom Detective Club physical.

It might not be realistic, but it would be cool for Nintendo to have an open pre-order period. With the caveat, and to help prevent scalpage, that there is like a $10 non-refundable deposit. Another idea to make it more feasible from a business perspective is to tell the customer upfront that the final price will fall within a specific range, and will depend on the ultimate number of pre-orders racked.
Ofc, the design and all the goodies of the release will be presented so people will have a clear idea what is in the package.
NoA bean counters can't let us have anything nice.

I always find it funny how much stricter is the american ESRB on sexual content compared to the european PEGI.
The US soooo aghast at nudity. We can slice off heads and shoot people galore buy if a butt is shown it has to be 18+. It is so wild. Like boobs are more corrupting than guns and blood.

i wouldn't worry too much about the IAP. it says that for a lot of games, it may just be some cosmetic bonus items for pre-order/etc.

See, that's the thing.

I'd love nothing more if this was a sign that maybe there might be something much more extensive for B3, compared to its predecessors. Extra playable characters with distinct playstyles? A brand new campaign taking place after the story? I'd be allllllll over that. And it's honestly the kind of stuff that should be encouraged to give the game more life, for titles like Bayo that we only see once every few years.

...but what I can imagine is the same type of lame "500000 Halo booster pack" and "pre-order DLC costume/weapon reskin" shit that DMC5 did, which was largely meaningless, beyond the idea that the other Nero's Gerbera GP01 is a slightly more useful over the base version for experienced play and the Mega Buster was fun to mess around with.

will personally be boycotting the game if we don't get a kirbayonetta costume

(video attached for anybody who wasn't already fully convinced by mazi's gif:
)

it's right there, kamiya-san. the fans have already perfected the design

I think the only Nintendo tie-in costume that wouldn't look terrible on Bayonetta is Waluigi tbh. They both have the same build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom