• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a bit of Bayo2 yesterday, it feels a lot better to play than 1, much more polished and player-friendly, also more spectacular, but the difficulty is much lower (at least in the first chapters), even the Muspelheims are a joke. And the combat still feels much more limited due to everything I said in my other post. IMHO, Bayo2 is a better game for one or two playthroughs, but Bayo1 is the better one in the long-term.

BTW, do we know if there are any "hard-counters" in Bayo3? Like in TW101 where the sword could reflect lasers, the fist could absorb flames, the whip removed spiked armor...or like Astral Chain where the wolf could unearth hidden enemies, the arrow could take down flying enemies, the axe could destroy shields....I think Bayo 2 only has shields that can be destroyed by rapid fire combos and nothing else. Nothing in 1 either. I like this kind of stuff, it adds a lot of depth to the combat (but don't make it mandatory, make it a bonus like in TW101 where you can take down enemies normally and using the right counter just makes things easier).

First review is in:

https://www.empireonline.com/gaming/reviews/bayonetta-3/

4/5

Seems glowing, but gives it the predictable dock for graphics and cutscene length.
Sounds kind of petty if that's the case imo. I wouldn't dock a game for it's visuals and overly long cutscene length unless it was like really bad. Which I doubt is honestly the case here. I've seen some people criticize bayo for having too many cutscenes in the past, but it's never felt like that to me. And graphically idk I haven't watched much footage, but it looks pretty good to me so far lol.

"One of the greatest Switch game, and arguably a new milestone for the action-stylish genre. 8.5"

The 89 curse Will stand

Is the 89 curse even real?
Animal Crossing landed on 90.
Metroid Dread actually landed on 88.
Astral Chain is 87.
Splatoon is 83.
I can only think of FE3H and Xenoblade 3 that got an 89.

Xenoblade DE and 3D World / Bowsers Fury also hit 89

Calling it the 89 curse is probably more refering to that there's so many games that's up there real close to 90 but just falls short. There was a few other games that was 89 for a while but dropped a few points in the end.. Super Mario Maker 2, Luigis Mansion 3 and the two you mentioned Metroid Dread, Astral Chain

It's all for fun, not a big deal.

I plan to get this game digitally but...I'm thinking the hype might make me buy it now but I kinda want to wait until 1st November for that sweet double gold coin bonus/10% cash back....

Decisions... decisions

Yeah, I think the performance and graphics will prevent this game from consistently hitting the peaks that the previous games did in terms of reviews.

Not that they're awful or anything, but I think it's fair to dock a point or two if the performance stutters or the visuals are messy.

Should review better than DMC V Wich is good enough for me

Tho based on the footage it seems the game can be a bit messy especially with the demons summoning if someone doesn't have a clear idea on what he's doing

Yeah, I think the performance and graphics will prevent this game from consistently hitting the peaks that the previous games did in terms of reviews.

Not that they're awful or anything, but I think it's fair to dock a point or two if the performance stutters or the visuals are messy.
I don't forsee stuttering being any worse than Bayo2. Unlike that game, this is built for the switch

I don't forsee stuttering being any worse than Bayo2. Unlike that game, this is built for the switch
I don't disagree. But I think the climate has changed since eight years ago with regards to the effect any performance issues can have on a review.

Factor in a sentiment that the Switch is starting to run its course, and it wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world to see a point or two knocked off.

Again though, that's not really a problem, nor do I think it's necessarily wrong for it to be that way.

Oh lord here come all the reviews docking for graphics. Do they want to revise their BOTW reviews amd lower them for being cartoony? I don't get why indie games aren't docked, then.

Im anxious to see the game's sales. I can already predict somethjng like "largedt openjng of the franchise, bigger than both 1 and 2 combined" or something lol

Is the 89 curse even real?
PoQ7crG.png

Evidently. 😅

Best action game of all time: 8.0

Prepared for a ton of these tomorrow.

You got it right, an 89 is ridiculous for a game like this that should be around 92. In general, they are saying that it is better than the previous ones, instead they give it an 89, something that is already common in Switch that seems that they do not want their games add more than 89.

Ff61XcPXgAMh94N

You got it right, an 89 is ridiculous for a game like this that should be around 92. In general, they are saying that it is better than the previous ones, instead they give it an 89, something that is already common in Switch that seems that they do not want their games add more than 89.

Ff61XcPXgAMh94N
No-one is 'giving it' 89, that's just the aggregate of the scores.

And pontificating on 3 points in a 100 point aggregate scale is a little daft, don't you think?

This is like when your friend who has super weird superstitions about his team and it is proven to be 100% true and you feel bad you drank a beer out of a glass rather than a shoe like he said he needed you too

So for those that preordered the Trinity Masquerade Edition, are you still receiving it by Friday?

My Best Buy one now says "We'll let you know when it's ready" and I've been seeing some have their Amazon preorders pushed back to November 3rd.

So for those that preordered the Trinity Masquerade Edition, are you still receiving it by Friday?

My Best Buy one now says "We'll let you know when it's ready" and I've been seeing some have their Amazon preorders pushed back to November 3rd.
Yep. Earlier this week, Amazon said "Friday".

Today, it's pushed back.

First world problems, I know, but good grief.

Anyone read anything about costumes in the game yet? All I've heard is that there are:

Bayonetta 1 and 2 costumes that make some additional cool changes to the game.

For any vtuber fans out there, tomorrow morning. Sadly no EN vtubers yet...

Hakos Baelz (Hololive VTuber who was designed by the character artist of Fire Emblem Engage) is doing an endurance playthrough this Friday.

She's a relative newcomer to the franchise and Bayonetta 2 was one of the first games she ever streamed around her debut a year ago.

Hakos Baelz (Hololive VTuber who was designed by the character artist of Fire Emblem Engage) is doing an endurance playthrough this Friday.

She's a relative newcomer to the franchise and Bayonetta 2 was one of the first games she ever streamed around her debut a year ago.

Oh I did not know that. I follow her but I had not seen her schedule lol.

Once I saw the direct trailer of Engage, her model came to mind, only to be confirmed right after lol.

Anyone read anything about costumes in the game yet? All I've heard is that there are:

Bayonetta 1 and 2 costumes that make some additional cool changes to the game.

Bayonetta, 3 Costumes
Bayo 1, Bayo 2, and sweater

Really, though, no, I at least haven't seen anything. I probably don't need to restate my thoughts on the matter, but you know I'm hoping for some cool ones.

I do know there was a statement a while back that's been interpreted to mean there won't be any -- at least Nintendo-related -- costumes, though I haven't seen what the exact wording was and the references to it could simply indicate not to expect the same ones.

I have an in store pre order at gamestop i just have to pay off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom