• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazi

picross pundit
Last edited:
Excellent, we needed one of these. I am certainly hyped.

ME. I want to have all three games on my Switch shelf. I think this looks great.

Im extremely hyped for the game, even if it’s just a by-the-numbers follow up to Bayo 2; however, it looks like they’re making some big changes, which I am perfectly fine with.

This is one of my most anticipated games. Hopefully it doesn't release too late into 2022. Should be out by summer, ideally.

This is one of my most anticipated games. Hopefully it doesn't release too late into 2022. Should be out by summer, ideally.
Yeah, I really hope it’s a H1 release.
I’d hate to wait around this time next year to play it.

Anyway, Im excited, it’s one of my most anticipated games next year.

When it leaked on Nintendo's site before the Direct wasn't it given a September to November release window?
No clue, tbh. I wasn't around for the leak, as in I actively avoided it. Would be a bit of a bummer if true, but oh well.

Edit: Well, there it is.

no, just 2022. people misread the site.

Ah I see. Good then.

A little birdie (whose accuracy and validity is yet to be determined, especially when it comes to dates) told me it should be launching in this FY.

as in, before april? no way.

Yeah I'm not sure I believe it but that's what I was told. Again, this person hasn't really been that accurate with dates so I'd assume for now it's not true.

Current FY would be nuts, but I could see it release in February, maybe. It's supposed to be in the final stages of development, so it's not too far-fetched, imo. But we shall see.

i know they do short reveal to release cycles but i feel like the game needs like 2 or 3 additional big trailers and direct spots still. my guess is this is their august or september game.

i know they do short reveal to release cycles but i feel like the game needs like 2 or 3 additional big trailers and direct spots still. my guess is this is their august or september game.
August or Sept makes sense yeah, a similar trajectory to LM3. Reveal in September direct -> release a year later

Yea I like August-October 2022 as a good release window for Bayonetta 3.

Still have my $50 Amazon pre-order from like 2018 lol

I don't see bayo 3 this FY - I think it's Metroid Dread, SMTV, Pokemon BD/SP, Advance Wars, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, and Kirby and the Forgotten Land for the rest of the FY

Come to think of it, jesus that's a banger of a quarter.

So excited to see this in the Direct! I’m looking forward to seeing what Platinum comes up with to push the franchise forward. Kaiju battles is not what I was expecting, but but was a great surprise

I'm hyped as fuck
Totally loved what they shown in the direct, and can't wait to play it !
I will play the first game again waiting for 3.

I have but one thing to say about my anticipation for this game:

scnjOLh.gif

Between Final Fantasy Origin and Bayo3, 2022 is looking like a very good year for an action-junkie like myself!

I'm really hoping they can do something special, here. Unlike several at the other place, I'm down with the idea of weaving in the demons themselves as you fight. Like one of my bigger qualms about V in DMC5 was that he didn't have Phantom summon fighting with him. But I guess Itsuno respected that he was Cereza's homeboy since 2009!

I have a theory that there was a Bayonetta 3 in development that changed into Astral Chain and the "Bayonetta 3" we see now is really Bayonetta 4. That is why the game took so long to release. Anyone else think this is the case? :unsure:

I have a theory that there was a Bayonetta 3 in development that changed into Astral Chain and the "Bayonetta 3" we see now is really Bayonetta 4. That is why the game took so long to release. Anyone else think this is the case? :unsure:
I don't think so.

The original teaser back in 2017 plus some of the things we saw in the recent trailer both kinda imply we're looking at multiverse situation with several different Bayonettas. The fact that they're consistent with that suggests it's been the same project this whole time.

Plus, didn't Astral Chain begin development in 2016?

I really like the theory that we this is a different Bayonetta, as it implies might have more than one Bayonetta at once via alternate universe shenanigans.

The prospect of having multiple playable characters with mechanical differences is very alluring.

Do you have a source for that?

Not at the moment but I thought I read it had aé year development cycle. Or was it 4?

Either way I don't think it's possible it was less then 3, so it couldn't have originated as Bayo.
Taura (Astral Chain's director and Nier Automata unofficial co-director, but Yoko Taro consider him as the co director of the game) said it had a 5 years development cycle, from pre-prod to release. So they started designing it in 2014.
Taura added they started working on it before PlatinumGames even started working on Nier Automata ! (Which released in 2017. I imagine they didn't participate in the pre-prod cycle of Nier)

Taura (Astral Chain's director and Nier Automata unofficial co-director, but Yoko Taro consider him as the co director of the game) said it had a 5 years development cycle, from pre-prod to release. So they started designing it in 2014.
Taura added they started working on it before PlatinumGames even started working on Nier Automata ! (Which released in 2017. I imagine they didn't participate in the pre-prod cycle of Nier)
Ah even longer than I thought. But yeah I remembered they had said it started development a long time before Bayo 3 was announced.

2014? That is when Bayonetta 2 released. It lines up. Bayonetta 3 started development in 2014, they teased it in 2017, but due to the overwhelming positive reception of BOTW (which different from previous Zeldas) they tried something new, realized it did not fit the Bayonetta franchise and changed it into Astral Chain. This has happened before because IIRC, the first development run of Resident Evil 4 was changed into Devil May Cry.

Excited for this.

Bayo 1 and 2 are fantastic games, I hope 3 can carry the torch well! If controlling the monsters is the gameplay hook, I'm all in on it, looked pretty cool in the trailer.

Said it in the Discord, still thinking they're going with some kind of multiverse aspect, everything pointing to that so far (Cereza, mysterious guy, logo, reveal teaser, weird setting, etc).
I just hope we'll see more varied environments soon.

I'm not too sure what to think of the director choice and the Scalebound feature reuse. Looks cool, just hope it's still "Bayonetta" and keep that only for a few phases.

Finally a Bayo 3 thread! Was looking for something like this in the Discord server for the theorizing aspect!

In that whole aspect, more than a multiverse, I would put a point towards this being a split Bayonetta. As in, Bayonetta's being literally gets sliced in two like in the teaser. That being why the logo has the two crescent moons. The center (Bayo) has been cracked and split in two opposing sides which are the two crescent moons. Though more than being a type of personality split, it is a whole heritage split, like her Umbra and Lumen "sides" getting split apart. Her Umbra side being the one we see focused in the trailer, while her Lumen side is the mystery person at the end. That being why they have Cheshire and a dog paw (Lumen transformation a la Panther Within) on their sword.

Finally a Bayo 3 thread! Was looking for something like this in the Discord server for the theorizing aspect!

In that whole aspect, more than a multiverse, I would put a point towards this being a split Bayonetta. As in, Bayonetta's being literally gets sliced in two like in the teaser. That being why the logo has the two crescent moons. The center (Bayo) has been cracked and split in two opposing sides which are the two crescent moons. Though more than being a type of personality split, it is a whole heritage split, like her Umbra and Lumen "sides" getting split apart. Her Umbra side being the one we see focused in the trailer, while her Lumen side is the mystery person at the end. That being why they have Cheshire and a dog paw (Lumen transformation a la Panther Within) on their sword.
I think this is more realistic. Multiverse sounds like something that would cost more.

Just saw this Tweet that Hellena sent out last night. Do we have any theories or anything to say about it? Is this further proof that she will not be back in Bayo 3, or something different? (Apologies if this is the wrong place to post it)
hellena.png

Maybe she only wants to work with Nintendo if reggie is involved. Don't get the tweet either.

Could be that Reggie fought for her inclusion instead of just changing voice actor?

Honestly, I have no idea what she's implying...

Reveal got me feeling lukewarm to it but I have started to like Bayonetta's new look.

Hopefully it turns out great.

Just saw this Tweet that Hellena sent out last night. Do we have any theories or anything to say about it? Is this further proof that she will not be back in Bayo 3, or something different? (Apologies if this is the wrong place to post it)
I've interacted with her on Twitter...she's had some odd things to say. Overall, I'm chalking it up to disdain towards Bayonetta 3 and not being recast as Bayo.

Tbh, this is the first time I've thought about this since the reveal. I pretty much loved Cereza-Bayonetta from the jump and I've warmed up to the little we've heard.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as many of you. I was initially super disappointed when I first saw the trailer, but I warmed up to it a lot on subsequent rewatches. I also find Hellena's tweets very cryptic, but I really hope she wasn't screwed over. She's a huge part of what made Bayonetta popular in the first place. I still hold out a little bit of hope that we're dealing with timey-wimey stuff and that the Bayo we saw in the trailer is the grown up version of Cereza from the first game and "OG Bayo" will show up at some point with Hellena's voice. Time will tell.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as many of you. I was initially super disappointed when I first saw the trailer, but I warmed up to it a lot on subsequent rewatches. I also find Hellena's tweets very cryptic, but I really hope she wasn't screwed over. She's a huge part of what made Bayonetta popular in the first place. I still hold out a little bit of hope that we're dealing with timey-wimey stuff and that the Bayo we saw in the trailer is the grown up version of Cereza from the first game and "OG Bayo" will show up at some point with Hellena's voice. Time will tell.
If she was still on as Bayo, she wouldn't be making cryptic tweets

This is what I'm hoping as well. Like... why would she still be bound by NDA if she had been replaced? Are Nintendo NDAs that deep? You'd think she wouldn't have to be cryptic about it if she weren't back in some capacity at least.

Even though the game would look so much better on stronger hardware, it still looks superb. I cannot wait for it.

This + Project Eve and we're gonna have a fun time with hack and slash's in 2022

This is what I'm hoping as well. Like... why would she still be bound by NDA if she had been replaced? Are Nintendo NDAs that deep? You'd think she wouldn't have to be cryptic about it if she weren't back in some capacity at least.

Yeah, if she was truly out, there likely wouldn't be a NDA stopping her from talking freely about it in the first place.

Like, when the Dynasty Warriors vocal cast from 5-8 all got replaced for DW9? They let us know how unhappy they were about it. When Roger Craig Smith wasn't going to be Chris Redfield any longer, as well as the shortlived drama regarding "will he or won't he be back?" regarding Sonic, we were made aware. Sudden recasting is an unfortunate, but common thing in western voice acting.

But the whole thing regarding Taylor and Bayo3 just comes off as so odd, I can't help but think there's more to it. Or she's just fucking with us, which I'm thinking is much more likely by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom